PDA

View Full Version : Gte wont start

DAN-F
13-01-09, 10:30 PM
I have a just put a gte lump in a 1ltr base model it was running perfect when i took it out of the donor car i fitted the whole gte car loom. Only things that are diffeqent are ecu and air flow meter and the car has a cheap alarm. I have a spark and fuel at the rail but it wnt start. Timing is spot on anyone have idea what the problem is?

General Baxter
13-01-09, 10:31 PM
connected the gearbox earth lead lol?

DAN-F
13-01-09, 10:54 PM
Yep earth lead on box is connected and the one from battery to the body. Its turning over and sparking but wont fire. Could it be the air flow meter or ecu?

DAN-F
13-01-09, 11:48 PM
Anyone?

dougie_boi
14-01-09, 12:34 AM
check and see if the car has a fuel relay if so make sure it clicks whe the ignition is turned on as when the relay isnt function proper for what ever reason u will have the fuel up at the rail but the injectors wont open hence there will be a spark and fuel at the rail but none entering the cylinder so it wont fire up. im not sure the exact location of it but my guess prop under the bonnet somewhere atatched to the engine loom. hope this helps

mowgli
14-01-09, 07:48 AM
did you fit the whole loom?? or just the whole engine loom?

the 1.0 has a resistive wire to feed the coil & if this isn't replaced, then it won't run.

DAN-F
14-01-09, 12:24 PM
Changed the full loom right through the car

DAN-F
14-01-09, 03:02 PM
Whole loom was changed. Are the relays the same on a v6 i have one of those spare. Also does anyone know what colour wires shold be to the coil so i can check i havent missed anything

DAN-F
14-01-09, 04:46 PM
Relay clicks once when you first turn key then nothing its the same with the v6 relay. Theres a clicking coming from down near the injectors but it sounds like its coming from the back of the inlet.i found a few wires on the engine loom taped up near the relay. Theres two shortish ones together. One brown and the other brown with a green stripe then two longer ones coming out next to them one blue and one brown with a green stripe

DAN-F
14-01-09, 05:41 PM
Someone must have some idea?

DAN-F
14-01-09, 08:20 PM
Cmon sumone must know what the wires are for at least