PDA

View Full Version : coilovers corsa b

Dirtydog1
13-01-09, 06:54 PM
my mate has just got a set of hk coilovers(the high spec camber adjusting ones) for his nova and is having trouble fitting the wheels as they hit the shocks, being 17's if he spaces them they poke out the arch!

more to the point, will i have the same trouble if i fit hk coilovers (entry level ones) to my corsa b? currently has 16 inch corsa c sri wheels on, no chance i can space the wheels as they are tight anyway! :(

let_nova
13-01-09, 08:14 PM
sound like its all down to offset

Ste L
13-01-09, 09:04 PM
sound like its all down to offset

id say too wide wheels ;)

if the touch the coilover and sit in the arch..
then add spacer so clear coilover, but sit outside arch, that would mean too wide

let_nova
13-01-09, 09:09 PM
yes also true.

angle grinder and a hammer then.

to the wheels.

Dirtydog1
13-01-09, 11:06 PM
im not bothered about the nova being iffy, im making the arches wider for him.im more worried about my corsa if i fit coilovers to that, ive no idea what offset the corsa c sri wheels are, the new paint covers the markings.
i dont want to have to piss about cutting/flairing the arches as ive just painted the shell.

Jay
13-01-09, 11:08 PM
im not bothered about the nova being iffy, im making the arches wider for him.im more worried about my corsa if i fit coilovers to that, ive no idea what offset the corsa c sri wheels are, the new paint covers the markings.
i dont want to have to piss about cutting/flairing the arches as ive just painted the shell.

Et is 45 iirc, could be wrong though.

xe Dan
14-01-09, 02:00 PM
i had to run spacers on mine with these coilovers and mine are the write offset et49 cav gsi wheels

loggyboy
14-01-09, 02:22 PM
Try getting custom, shorter springs to lift the platforms up and awayfrom the wheel/tyre. Or adjust the camber so they angle the wheel away from the suspension slightly.