PDA

View Full Version : Arches?

kc_08
13-01-09, 06:45 PM
i have a nova mk1 project at the moment im only 17, its off the road, its not rust free but soo close, ive ut on gte skirts, which i brought off here, brought it with no back seats. so i just carpeted it out, and put a big sub and amp with 4 6x9's in it, smoothed the rear bumper, looking to get a gte one when i have money lol. but the sound system is currently in my brothers 206 and to be honest might stay there (Y) looks so much better with the bucket seats in and the back empty! i was just woundering whats the easiest way to make my arches slightly wider? is it possible to do it with out the big arch kits, which are huge? im also looking into buying my mates old 17" wheels to fit the arches. the backs bin lowerd 40mm on G-MAX springs and the tyres are 205 45 17, is there a way i can stop the scrubbing as ive heard on here people have had this problem?
il start a project thread once ive done more work as it is slow going at the moment
cheers

Spudly
13-01-09, 06:49 PM
Firstly its bought and wondered not brought and woundered!!

For a start if theyre 205 wide tyres youre going to need to roll or trim your arches flat and have them pulled out aswell, it is possible but you wont get them to run perfectly with a -40mm drop without catching at all.

Youre better off saving up and buying the correct width wheels and offset imo, you want to be looking for wheels that are no bigger than 195-45-16 ET49 thats the perfect sized wheel/tyre to run on a nova with up to a -60mm drop!

MyNovaSr
13-01-09, 07:46 PM
Firstly Spud, this is the Performance Nova Club, NOT the English Club, so if your insistent on correcting spoken English see ->http://www.world-english.org/english_forums_chat.htm (http://www.world-english.org/english_forums_chat.htm) . ;) :p

Back to the problem.

I have 205/40/17 tyres on my Nova with a 80mm+ drop on the rear. The Lip on the rear arch have been trimmed, it will make your arch weker but it's what's needed, they do rub occasionally, which is annoying.

I moded to the inside of the arch (with a hammer ), which has helped a small amount. If you’re after "hassle free" motoring then go for 15's, I love the 17's because it makes the car stand out from the crowd.

I will soon be fitting 195/40/17 tyres to the rear soon and will be happy to report back, should it work.

Pete.

Spudly
13-01-09, 07:49 PM
Firstly Spud, this is the Performance Nova Club, NOT the English Club, so if your insistent on correcting spoken English see ->http://www.world-english.org/english_forums_chat.htm (http://www.world-english.org/english_forums_chat.htm) . ;) :p

Yes i know its pngclub i spotted that when i logged in, but we encourage spelling and grammar on here not txt spk and typ not that im saying he was text typing but the rest of us make an effort to type properly so thats why i pointed it out!

MyNovaSr
13-01-09, 07:54 PM
True, but not everyone has perfect written English.

Thankfully, it’s not a club requirreemente :thumb: ;)

Spudly
13-01-09, 08:09 PM
Dont get me wrong im not jumping up and down on him shouting and screaming its just there are a lot of people out there who simply do not know the difference between those words/spelling`s.

When i was at school i had correct spelling drilled into me and it all seems to have been lost these days through texting and chat rooms and it bugs me a fair bit which is why i pointed it out.

But anyways enough spam and back on topic, 16"s i.e. softstars and speedlines are the biggest size wheel (dependant on tyre choice as some have wider tyre sidewalls) with 195-45 tyres will fit perfectly with no arch mods:thumb:

Iain
13-01-09, 08:15 PM
Dont get me wrong im not jumping up and down on him shouting and screaming its just there are a lot of people out there who simply do not know the difference between those words/spelling`s.
Don't. I'm. It's. Spellings. :)

Spudly
13-01-09, 08:18 PM
Cheers iain you facetious bugger, however i was being pedantic hahalol

Iain
13-01-09, 08:20 PM
No problem. Me too.

Pistol Pete
13-01-09, 08:28 PM
lol meanwhile back on topic...

Arches, do a search you should find all the info you need.

brainsnova
13-01-09, 08:44 PM
im with spudly spelling combo lol

kc_08
13-01-09, 09:11 PM
werent trying to text talk (Y) it's just them words that get me! always add or miss a letter out. And it was'nt how you said it mate. but cheers for the help!

mk3-fezza
07-09-09, 09:58 AM
bit harsh havin a goat him for the way he was spellin the words its not as if he was using text speak it was just a common mis spelling, tbh i culdnt care less about how i type,dont like it , dont read it