PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your premium low

skyinsurance
13-01-09, 09:11 AM
Not tips as such but the bits listed below are the biggest variables which effect the price you pay on insurance:

Limited mileage
Access to other cars (parents, girlfriends etc)
NCB
Postcode
Ownership (claim free) of the current car you are insuring
Where car is kept over night (eg garage better than on street)
Security fitment
Car club membership

SP30/50s etc dont make much difference, if any at all.. if you look at it from an insurer's perspective you could view someone with 9 point on their licence as less of an insurance risk because they are more likely to drive carefully to avoid losing their licence.

The convictions we dont like a dangerous driving/drink driving etc.. but even these are not the end of the world.. a conviction for racing on the public highway isn't great!

A lot of these are obvious but I do get asked this sort of stuff all the time.. so here it is in black and white http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Jack
13-01-09, 09:23 AM
Access to other cars (parents, girlfriends etc)
Is that likely to raise or lower a premium?

I need to call you guys btw, the renewal you just sent me for the Celica was silly expensive lol

Shaun_O'Donnell
13-01-09, 09:23 AM
Can you clarify if it's better or worse to have access to other cars?

Also, do you do ADI/PDI insurance policies?

skyinsurance
13-01-09, 10:12 AM
Can you clarify if it's better or worse to have access to other cars?

Also, do you do ADI/PDI insurance policies?

Having access to another car (s) is beneficial to lowering your premium.. dont expect to see a huge amount of difference but it does help a little.

ADI/PDI.. advanced driving instructor insurance? If so, yes we can.

Ollie

Shaun_O'Donnell
13-01-09, 10:14 AM
I'll be in touch soon...

Spudly
13-01-09, 02:53 PM
Just come off the phone with a really helpful lass with you guys and although you couldnt offer comprehensive cover you quoted nearly half what im currently paying tpft on my cavalier so i thinks i shall be taking up my insurance with you guys very soon:thumb:

let_nova
13-01-09, 08:29 PM
im looking to add the brother inlaw to my policy he is 25 been driving for 7yrs and has 7yrs ncd would this benifit my policy?