PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 turbo

xe Dan
13-01-09, 08:58 AM
my mates thinkin of doin a 1.6 turbo conversion on his gsi
what parts are needed and what cars and where to get the bits ie what turbo to run, manifold ect ect also where you run oil feeds from all help needed

sulphur
13-01-09, 09:04 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109769&highlight=turbo

Search is your friend :thumb:

"Turbo manifold, decompression plate, turbo, dowpipe, intercooler, intercooler pipes and hoses, oil filter relocation kit, FPR and you will need to put a return pipe into your sump for the oil return on the turbo."

Mike
13-01-09, 04:43 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109769&highlight=turbo

Search is your friend :thumb:

"Turbo manifold, decompression plate, turbo, dowpipe, intercooler, intercooler pipes and hoses, oil filter relocation kit, FPR and you will need to put a return pipe into your sump for the oil return on the turbo."

Its nowhere near as easy as that chap :thumb: if it was, mine would have been up & running many moons ago lol

sulphur
13-01-09, 05:06 PM
I never said it was easy matey, I only answered the questions he asked. lol

Obviously there's a lot of work that goes into it, but surely that's the obvious part?

All I missed actually was the turbo type, which is usually a T2 or T3 unit. Well, the above plus helluvalotta money and equal amount of time. lol

Mike
13-01-09, 05:10 PM
but surely that's the obvious part?

You would be surprised how stupid some of the users on here actually are :thumb:

sulphur
13-01-09, 05:15 PM
Well, that is true. At least that point is now highlighted for him. :cool:

craig green
14-01-09, 04:00 PM
I always say, if you have to ask - you aint got a hope of pulling it off.

Love the T2 or T3 comment. Like saying buy a Fiesta or a Jaguar....... they're just cars.

sulphur
14-01-09, 07:50 PM
Lol, the comment regarding the T2 or T3 is only what I found using search. In all honesty I'm not clued up on turbo's, so all I provided was what I found.
Couple in the features had a T2, another a T3, there's also another one using a M27. Search is the way forward ;)

Stuart
14-01-09, 08:18 PM
M27 would be a supercharger lol

Mike
14-01-09, 09:22 PM
M27 would be a supercharger lol

OR a figure imprinted onto a the charger casing of a 200SX :thumb: