PDA

View Full Version : hello all at png!

bizzyfingers
12-01-09, 07:01 PM
as you can easily guess im a new guy on the site. im an avvid fan of the nova and vauxhalls in general. i drive a newish bmw 320d at the minute but my love for vauxhalls out weighs any bimmer. my bimmer is an everyday family car.

thing is ive been thinking of getting another nova (this will be my 4th one), and i do strongly apologize if i ask questions which have been asked before, i know it must be frustrating, ive done the usual search's and cant come up with any answers. ive had a sri130 engined luxe (not built by me) but next time round i want a nova purely for the track. this time id like to fit a 1.6 16v myself (from the corsa gsi)

question 1

how difficult are the x16xe is it to fit? i have plenty of knowledge on motors but little real experience

question 2

could i fit bike carbs it and is it worthwhile all of the expense

thank you for your time reading this, any help would be appreciated.

Emmy
12-01-09, 07:02 PM
Hello There and Welcome :thumb:

Sorry I dont know any of the answers to your questions :p

BIGS
12-01-09, 07:04 PM
welcome to the mad house, and with the x16xe its a very easy engine to fit. fits into the standard shafts and mounts. if you use search and type in c16xe/x16xe it will come up with loads of threads on this

Welsh Dan
12-01-09, 07:05 PM
1) Fairly easy, there is some wiring involved but the engine bolts and plumbs straight in, you'll need all of the immobiliser related bits though.

2) Yes, but only if you get them set up properly on a RR with a suitable inlet manifold and set of cams to get the benefits from them.

bizzyfingers
12-01-09, 07:15 PM
1) Fairly easy, there is some wiring involved but the engine bolts and plumbs straight in, you'll need all of the immobiliser related bits though.

2) Yes, but only if you get them set up properly on a RR with a suitable inlet manifold and set of cams to get the benefits from them.

excellent. im an electrical assembler by trade so wiring aint a problem really. thank you all for the advice... ill do better search's in the future guys.

p.s im so envyous of all you guys who can just jump in your novas :cry: i miss mine so much.

Welsh Dan
12-01-09, 07:17 PM
I haven't owned one since september! lol

Rexy
12-01-09, 07:47 PM
trust me, once you leave the realm of driving a nova everyday you will never want to go back.

Weekend cars or track day warriors only pmsl... There are a few hardcore nutters who still use them everyday mind. I was one until recently...

brainsnova
12-01-09, 07:51 PM
hello and welcome to all at bizzyfingers :D

bizzyfingers
12-01-09, 08:31 PM
hello and welcome to all at bizzyfingers :D

all 8 of us are very welcome:thumb: