PDA

View Full Version : dvla

james_19
12-01-09, 10:38 AM
now that i have changed the engine size, colour of car, and owner(as it was registered under my mam)
i could send it of to swansea but would my local dvla centre change all this for me?? or wud it have to go to swansea??

white2lSR
12-01-09, 10:44 AM
You will need to send it to Swansea

Stuart
12-01-09, 11:03 AM
you can goto the local DVLA place, but all they do is send it off to Swansea anyway

Spudly
12-01-09, 11:54 AM
If you go to the local office its quicker as they send it with their own infernal mail so it will get to someones desk quicker but how long it sits unopened on said desk is an unknown tbh lol

L14MNP
12-01-09, 12:06 PM
TBH my local DVLA office is amazing. So fast and efficient (been there to have private plates reassigned before) When you go in you take a ticket (my number was only 3 after the current being one served) there was a good six people behind desks to process your info. They have all the forms numbered and easily accessible and another girl even came over and helped with the forms and took them away to get the process going even quicker!

Compare this to the joke that is calling up them Swansea main office and it's hard to believe it's the same place lol

james_19
12-01-09, 04:52 PM
well i've sent it to swansea now as i thought it was the best option lol, just a waiting game now?? if the log book doesnt come back in time, can i mot and tax it and insure it without the log book or not?

Pistol Pete
12-01-09, 04:55 PM
Yes, just a waiting game now. You can get an MOT yes, tax i dont think so. Insurance, dont see why not.

Spudly
12-01-09, 05:00 PM
As above you will have to have it insured to take it for an mot and you can only drive it to or from an mot station with no tax, iirc if it fails youre not covered to take it home you pretty much have to leave it there or trailor it home as in theory youre gonna leave it there if it fails for the relevant repairs so it will pass, you can only drive it home again without tax if it has passed (thats not gospel but i think thats right)

Once its insured and has passed an mot its just a matter of waiting for your logbook to arrive so you can tax it:thumb:

L14MNP
12-01-09, 05:04 PM
If you have the green new keepers bit dude you can tax it too.

Stuart
12-01-09, 06:26 PM

which, we all hope he didnt send off too lmao

Mike
12-01-09, 06:58 PM

That little slip is only valid for UPTO 2 months after date of purchase of vehicle chap ;)

james_19
12-01-09, 09:55 PM
cheers just was making sure, am not that bothered for the moment for taxing it jsut yet just want to get it through an mot.