PDA

View Full Version : big engine !!

Anonymous
14-11-00, 11:25 AM
has anyone here had an engine conversion because i really want one (2.0 16v or 2.0 turbo) also want kind of insurance would i be looking at ,thanks for any help dan

Anonymous
14-11-00, 02:34 PM
if the answer is no to any of these questions then you can't do it
are you over 25?
have you got ?3000?
or a garage/welding skills/electrical skills/time and ?1000?
Steve (NovaLoadTechy)

Anonymous
14-11-00, 06:35 PM
Ste (NovaLoad Techy!!!- new title eh ste? u missed out "and perv!" lol
is right, you need dosh. you're gonna need ?800ish for engine, box, loom etc all the bits, u will also need driveshafts ?200 at least get em from martin tinker at mann transmissions, bedale yorkshire. you also need to fit a strengthening kit and preferably seam weld the bay (?100 for kit) and you are gonn have to fit it or pay labour! plus a bracket to lower the drivers side engine mount (TAS-preston) and i would recommend competition mounts (carquip - norfolk???)
all that said it is the best fun ever, puts a grin on your face everytime you drive it! if you can afford the insurance and fitting go for it!) ian.

Anonymous
14-11-00, 07:21 PM
CHECK OUT NOVA WEB/MODS/ENGINE/JAMES'2L,16VNOVA CONVERSION. IT SHOWS YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED AND HOW TO DO IT.

Anonymous
14-11-00, 10:29 PM
I Jimbo AKA James of novaweb 2L 16v conversion fame says....
Three rules,
1. be an old fart 25+ and you might insure it (I pay ?676 fc at 28 wid full n/claims)
2. have a very understanding bank manager or a rich bird
3. have many skills including welding, paintspaying, phd in motor mechanics, phd in car electronics, phd in car electrics, btec in plumbing, a scrap yard in your back garden, a fuck off work shop, more money, and the ability to laugh when it goes wrong in the most stupid f'ing places (round abouts maccy "D" drive thru etc always in front of a car full of birds for some sick reason)

Na only kidding they go like FECK nearly kill you daily and you get dead friendly with your local plod as they seem to bump into you when doing 100mph+ which is hard to explain sometimes! They cost a bomb to keep (like me woman but dosn't talk as much) They also take along time to iron out "teething probs" My work m8's say it will cost me money for ever but I don't care as it is the best laugh you can have with your kit on (more fun than some things I do with it off but that's another story)

Do it..........now!

Anonymous
14-11-00, 10:37 PM
I forgot to say if you want a detailed in depth list of what you need and costs etc email me direct with a list of what your car is and mods to date and I will in turn send you a list of what you will need, where to buy them, how to fit them and phone numbers etc. Oh and if your dead keen I could flog you engine etc to get you started 'cause I'm nice like that you know.
Jimbo (bodyshop smart arse, 16v guru (snigger) supplier of fab info, and bloke who THINKS he is dead clever)

Anonymous
15-11-00, 07:22 PM
ermm i would go for a 1.6 16v if i was you mate lot less hassle

Micky (NovaLoadKnowItAll)

lol :)