PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall car colours

garethcolley
11-01-09, 09:08 PM
I want to know the following....all the different silvers, greys and whites vauxhall cars came in from past to present. I need to decide on the nova's new colour scheme. Is nova sport white polar white?

Pics would be great if people can post them up. Im thinking either a darkish silver or super clean white.

:thumb:

sport
11-01-09, 09:18 PM
Look for a post by razorjack he has a colour guide in sig.

Nova sport is polar white.

Mr.B
11-01-09, 09:46 PM
Keep it red dude!

EDIT: Kawasaki green?

garethcolley
12-01-09, 08:13 PM
just read razorjacks post, need to see images really though. I think as its getting Mr.b i would regret not changing the colour. Spraying it red again wouldnt really do it for me. I do need to think long and hard about the colour though, i really think plain polar white with my black compo's would look great.

Stuart
12-01-09, 08:18 PM
goto a paint shop and look at the colour chips.

any pics you get on the internet WONT look right

garethcolley
12-01-09, 08:39 PM
stuart - im in the process of finding a bodyshop. The pics from novasports thread are the ones pushing me in the direction of white. I know what your saying though, just would be good to get some thoughts flowing. Ive been through features but not that many give colour specs.

Stuart
12-01-09, 08:44 PM
iirc there are about 8 vauxhall whites, and they all look the same in photos but very different in the flesh lol.

Just got any bodyshop to talk colours and then dont use them after lol

garethcolley
12-01-09, 09:10 PM
Yeh might have to do that. Or buy some cans and do a few old panels and see what they look like. I might do a poll for best whites and see what people come up with. I once saw a white lancia evo which looked awesome, would rather keep it vaux though.

Benn
12-01-09, 09:13 PM
Polar white (early) has about 6 shades, as does the late white.
Start silver is in 3bits (1,2,3) but again each has about 4-6 shades.