PDA

View Full Version : Start new job tomorrow... :-S

chimp007_uk
11-01-09, 07:09 PM
Evening,

I start my new job at Bridgestone Motorsport tomorrow, and pretty excited, although slightly nervous...

Got my calender through last week, and going to be working with Ferrari during the season. Got several test sessions before the Austalian GP in March, although there is a possibilty not that testing will take place during the season due to the introduction of KERS, and lack of testing with it.

This time next week I'll be in the Algarve, so need to get to grips with everything this week so i don't feck up and make a tit of myself lol Got a week in Jerez, a week in Barcelona 2days at Ferrari Hq in Maranello for a meeting, and 2 weeks in Bahrain testing... Thats all before March! Crazy... Going to be slightly different to working as a design consultant for Aston Martin lol

Wish me luck :)

Chris

7ova
11-01-09, 07:11 PM
well done in getting a job (not many about)
and good luck for monday :thumb:

R1CH
11-01-09, 07:11 PM
Cool, what you actually gonna be doing ?

chimp007_uk
11-01-09, 07:14 PM
Cheers! You know them them big black round things... I'm going to be an engineer for them! Basically analysing tyre/suspension data and predicting tyre life wear etc to the team, on which they use to help base their stratergy. I'll be in the pits so keep an eye out for me :) walkign round with a laptop looking busy lol

General Baxter
11-01-09, 07:15 PM
now you can **** up Ferrari and make hammy win a bit easer lol

chimp007_uk
11-01-09, 07:16 PM
now you can **** up Ferrari and make hammy win a bit easer lol

Thats the thing... Its supporting massa :gay: Got to be professional though!

R1CH
11-01-09, 07:17 PM
Kinda gathered it was Tyres, could of just been a gloryfied tyre fitter tho ... so had to ask.
Good luck with it all.
:thumb:

mowgli
11-01-09, 07:18 PM
well, considering the rule about shakedowns (a run of less than 30miles?) not being tests, & that maranello has a circuit just over the road, you will be a very busy bunny, just don't text alonso......

chimp007_uk
11-01-09, 07:20 PM
Haha... No I'll be keeping clean and playing with my laptop, away from massa and his fuel rig lol

well done in getting a job (not many about)
and good luck for monday :thumb:

I got the job last year in October, but obviously thats at the end of the season, all the motorsport jobs come up then. I worked at Aston till Decemeber when I had shoulder susrgery to repair a cartilage tear, so been bumming at home for 6weeks. So sadly looking forward to going back to work, and into motorsport and getting my career on track.

Stuart
hope hourly it works out to be better than minimum wage lol

General Baxter
Its supporting massa :gay:

well **** the bellend over then lol

chimp007_uk
11-01-09, 07:21 PM
well, considering the rule about shakedowns (a run of less than 30miles?) not being tests, & that maranello has a circuit just over the road, you will be a very busy bunny, just don't text alonso......

They'll no doubt test without us... I'm based in Slough. Priceless about the Alonso comment lol

chimp007_uk
11-01-09, 07:24 PM
hope hourly it works out to be better than minimum wage lol

no it probably doesn't... lol I took a £7k pay drop to do this job. Will probably earn the same though, taking into account rent, food bills etc living in Leamington Spa and workign at Aston, compared to living at home. But I'm only looking at the CV building and the experience of visiting many places I wouldn't be able to go to :)

Paul
11-01-09, 07:26 PM
well its alright for some!

Good luck mate, hope you enjoy it! (Sounds like you will!)

Stuart
11-01-09, 07:27 PM
did you get the chop from aston, or did you leave due to the surgery?

mowgli
11-01-09, 07:27 PM
wait & see who is fastest out of the blocks..... you will be going just where ferrari tell you to go....

budget caps ........ limited testing.......... no in race refueling..... it will still cost the teams the same cos they will just move the development to other areas, ie. test rigs, computer modelling, etc

chimp007_uk
11-01-09, 07:33 PM
wait & see who is fastest out of the blocks..... you will be going just where ferrari tell you to go....

budget caps ........ limited testing.......... no in race refueling..... it will still cost the teams the same cos they will just move the development to other areas, ie. test rigs, computer modelling, etc

Excatly... As I said, there is still talk of testing during the season aswell, from a safety perspective. I guess I'll find out more this week!

did you get the chop from aston, or did you leave due to the surgery?

I left, you cheeky bugger lol I was on paid sick leave while i had the surgey :) I'm not stupid!

well its alright for some!

Good luck mate, hope you enjoy it! (Sounds like you will!)

Cheers Paul! I know it's going to be hard year, my mate has worked for them for the past 2 years, and has well informed me of the 18+hour days etc.

Guess its all part of furthing yourself. What doesn't kill us , makes us stronger :wtf:

Stuart
11-01-09, 07:34 PM
I meant if you were in there as a scummy contractor and they have their annual pre xmas cull :p

chimp007_uk
11-01-09, 07:37 PM
hahaha... I was a supllier ;) but We've still got people in there, they valued us and the mllions we would save them on servicing costs under warrantly!

I'd chosen to leave long long before the cull was initiated! A mat eof mine got the boot at aston, and one at JLR :(

tom reid
11-01-09, 08:09 PM
Algarve, Jerez, Maranello, Bahrain and......Sloughlol

All the best matey

Nova_Sean
11-01-09, 09:03 PM
So sadly looking forward to going back to work, and into motorsport and getting my career on track.

Think im the only one to notice this, but nice pun! lol lol

And grats on yer job mate, sounds gurt lush :cool:

Plug
11-01-09, 10:06 PM
get on a good job to get aswell.

Will be interesting also i reckon

chimp007_uk
11-01-09, 11:31 PM
Cheers guys!

Looking forward to it now...

Nova_Tek
11-01-09, 11:56 PM
Congrats dude, all the best on your new job. Sounds quite fancy too must be something to be proud of as its not something you get down your local...

'what job do you do mate?'

'Oh I work for Bridgestone tyre analysis and wear technician currently with Ferrari... gotta shoot off to Bercelona tomorrow, yeah'

Now how about some tyre analysis on LET Nova's :D

Maybe a little word with some of the executives at Bridgestone, get some good tyres at mates rates prices for the good ol' PNG members discount lol

:thumb:

Emmy
12-01-09, 12:05 AM
Best of luck, sounds like a great job.Its always nice to try out something a bit different :thumb:

Martin
12-01-09, 12:31 AM
Nice one fella.. no xbox tho? no tizzwozz on COD lol

Jim
12-01-09, 11:52 AM
Congrats. Sounds like a fantastic opportunity. :thumb:

chimp007_uk
12-01-09, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the comments and messages!

Day one over... :) It was long! Going through procedures and and paper work etc, howeve ri did get a company credit card :D and getting a laptop and phone tomorrow :p

And enough clothing to, clothe a small african nation... lol

See hot pans out... Don't worry Martin, I'll be online later to kick your ass :thumb:

Stuart
12-01-09, 06:55 PM
signed that NDA then? :D

Emmy
12-01-09, 06:55 PM
Sounds like a dream come true :D

chimp007_uk
12-01-09, 07:07 PM
NDA?

We'll see how i am half way through the season... lol

Stuart
12-01-09, 07:09 PM
Non - Disclosure Agreement

If you havent signed one then I'd be very very shocked. I had to sign one just for an interview at Mclaren HPE lol

chimp007_uk
12-01-09, 07:33 PM
Sorry... Signed one of those before xmas. I had to sign one for an interview at JCB'd design plant in Derby, and one for Aston and JLR.

Lee
12-01-09, 07:37 PM
Well done mate, really pleased for you! Best place to be to start brown nosing up the ranks! :)

Dar
12-01-09, 07:43 PM
Sounds like a fantastic job!
Welldone that man :thumb:

chimp007_uk
12-01-09, 07:45 PM
cheers guys! I'll be keeping my nose clean, I'll call in Stu for any of that business ;)