PDA

View Full Version : Help with my bargain

novalicous
11-01-09, 04:07 PM
I recently went down to the local hellfrauds and saw a set of drilled and grooved discs on the shelf (been there more than a year,think they were ordered in but not collected) So i asked one of the staff what car they were for and they said they did not know and wasnt able to find out , so i asked a price and he said £2 n there mine so i thought why not but now ive got them home and measured them they are 4mm to big (running 256s) would they be able to fit or be "modified" lol

any help greatly appriciated

Adam
11-01-09, 04:10 PM
What able all the other dimensions tho lol

Theres the centre bore size, the PCD of the bolt holes etc. A lot more than just the diameter of the disc

novalicous
11-01-09, 04:12 PM
am not sure adam i do know that the bolt holes do line up with standard nova discs lol

there was no box or any info supplied with them

Sloth
11-01-09, 09:34 PM
get a pic up and one of the nova disk aswell

Novasport
11-01-09, 09:49 PM
For the sake of £2 I would bin em, not worth messing with brakes. Buy the ones that fit.

Jack
11-01-09, 10:41 PM
or look on ebay for discs that are the same dimensions and see what they fit, then sell them on :thumb:

Jim Mcrae
11-01-09, 11:14 PM
Surely they have a part number on them somewhere?

~~joycey~~
12-01-09, 02:26 AM
Halfrauds ftw! the one by me has LOADS of old stock of red dot disc's and pad's

Bought 6 grove disc's and pads for 20 quid (2.0 size aswell) :D

Southie
12-01-09, 08:24 AM
HALFRUDS (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/topcategory_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_langId_-1?cm_mmc=GooglePPC-_-Halfords-_-Halfords-_-halfords)

If you type the product code on the Halfruds site it may bring up the item you have bought. Other than that may be try going into another Halfruds, saying you got them as a Christmas present and they don't fit your car and you want a full refund. If they say its not on there system, make up a reasonable price ie £55. :thumb:

Stuart
12-01-09, 09:05 AM
www.needforspeed.co.uk (http://www.needforspeed.co.uk) has a nice way of showing you the disc sizes of most cars :D

of as said, get the product code and just put it into google and see what comes out. but a 4*100 260mm disc most certainly isnt a GM one

Dod
12-01-09, 10:03 AM
As said, for the sale of 2 quid, turn them into Paper Weights or Ornimants as Brakes are not something you want to be messing with.

Does tyhe centre bore line up? Also, are they the same size as Nova Discs when laying on their flat?