PDA

View Full Version : nova logbook problem!

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:19 AM
to cut a long story short the guy i sold my nova to 6 months ago didnt want to sell it me back. so my mate said it was for him and he went to pick it up last week. the new keeper is in his name on both parts of the logbook, both signed by the owner.

the guy has now found out that the car is mine and he has been saying hes going to get it scrapped. im guessing hel just fill in the scrapped box on the form and send it off. iv got the temporary new keeper part with me. what should i do? should i ring up the dvla (pretending to be my mate) and explain the situation or should i just leave it and then in a month ring up saying i haqvnt recieved the new logbook yet and see what they say.

anyone been in this situation before? and before you say it, this guy really will try and scrap the vehicle. :roll:

brainsnova
11-01-09, 01:21 AM
you might be lucky he might have posted it before he found out.

General Baxter
11-01-09, 01:22 AM
it seems a little childish,

he will let your mate buy the car but not you,

is there some more to this story ?

napalm_27
11-01-09, 01:25 AM
i rang the police and got them to document that i was the owner of my nova :thumb:
the **** i got it off is still trying to get it back off me but he is failling badly lol he keeps saying its his car because the logbook is in his name but possesion is nine tenths of the law and a log book doesnt prove owner ship just away to keep track of were to send the fines if you get what i mean :thumb:

napalm_27
11-01-09, 01:26 AM
p.s it even says it on the log book

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:27 AM
nah he still has the logbook with him, hasnt sent it off yet.

its VERY childish. and of course theres more to the story. and you will guessed, its to do with a girl Lol. but dont think im being childish in any way, for once im not being and didnt even have a problem with this guy even tho he took my nova and my ex. its just this car, it causes so many problems lol

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:28 AM
p.s it even says it on the log book

i havnt read the smallprint on a logbook before, il have a look in the morning. i know that its my car and it isnt going anywhere, i just cant be arsed with the hassle. i just want the quickest way of getting that logbook in my name (or my mates) and be done with it

napalm_27
11-01-09, 01:30 AM
apply for a new one in your mates name no worries :thumb:

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:34 AM
to do that do i just send off the form for a new logbook along with the v5c? would it not be better to ring them first to explain things or is it irelevant?

CoolTiger
11-01-09, 01:38 AM
doesnt filling out rest of the form make ticking the scrap box void ?

brainsnova
11-01-09, 01:38 AM
apply for a new one in your mates name no worries :thumb:

the registered keeper has to ok it.

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:41 AM
doesnt filling out rest of the form make ticking the scrap box void ?

i did think that, il have to have a look at another logbook to see what it says. i can this being an absolute ball ache tbh. i know he cant get it scrapped but i can see it going on for months without me getting a logbook.

napalm_27
11-01-09, 01:41 AM
ring the police and/or dvla
see what they say

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:42 AM
ye i think il give the dvla a ring on monday. id rather not bother the police cos theyl do nothing, i wouldnt be surprised tho if he rings them and say its been stolen and sends them around to my house!

brainsnova
11-01-09, 01:44 AM
it sounds like he needs a slap for being a little biatch.

napalm_27
11-01-09, 01:44 AM
im just going to drive thru as many speed cameras til the bloke i got my nova off gets the message and gives me the log book but thats just my way of dealing with the logbook problems of todays world

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:45 AM
lol he sure does. i think hes after more than slapping me tho after finding out iv ended up with this bloody car

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:45 AM
im just going to drive thru as many speed cameras til the bloke i got my nova off gets the message and gives me the log book but thats just my way of dealing with the logbook problems of todays world

lol good idea.

napalm_27
11-01-09, 01:47 AM
well he did steal ya misses so your even now id rather have the car :thumb:
women are more hassle then there worth atleast you can sell or scrap a car when you dont want it no more lol
the scrapman told me to **** off when i took my misses to his yard and told him i was ****ed off with her and i wanted rid lmao

brainsnova
11-01-09, 01:48 AM
he took your bird,your car and now he wants you lol thats love.

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:48 AM
fcuking Lol lol

@ both of you!

napalm_27
11-01-09, 01:49 AM
he took your bird,your car and now he wants you lol thats love.
**** it if thats what it takes "zip" lol

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:50 AM
anyway, back on topic! i want this car in my name and not bloody scrapped. il give dvla a ring on monday, theyl probs just laugh at me and tell me to grow up Lol

brainsnova
11-01-09, 01:50 AM
i think you'll have to go on an under cover mission to go in his house and get the logbook or hide in the post box to grab it. lol

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:52 AM
lol can just imagine his face when he posts it and then a second later the door of the box opens and i run out with the v5 in my hand Lol

napalm_27
11-01-09, 01:54 AM
or boot down his door shout snatch and run and grab what you can including the log book it will look in-con-pick-your-ass then lol
(inconspicuos) (spelling on that)

napalm_27
11-01-09, 01:56 AM
you can take my car
you can take my girl
but you'll never take my freedoooommmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol lol lol lol lol lol

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 01:58 AM
lol lol

napalm_27
11-01-09, 02:00 AM
ooooooo
new one lol
you can take my grl
you can have my log book
but you'll never have my novaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumb:

brainsnova
11-01-09, 02:00 AM
you can take my car
you can take my girl
but you'll never take my assssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol lol lol lol lol lol

the real version.

napalm_27
11-01-09, 02:02 AM
you can have it for the log book
deal or no deal?
lol lol lol lol lol lol

Sloth
11-01-09, 02:48 AM
dude pay 25 quid, and get a new log book sent to ya mate, if its in his name and you /him have the small green bit, they will send it out as theyll ask ya mate fer authority. failing that go round with the boys.

CoolTiger
11-01-09, 02:55 AM
i did think that, il have to have a look at another logbook to see what it says. i can this being an absolute ball ache tbh. i know he cant get it scrapped but i can see it going on for months without me getting a logbook.

im not too sure just a guess,

the old owner of my car the guy i bought it of didnt send the log book off, but i had the car though but i just got a v62 form from post office filled it out send the green slip with it got log book with in 3weeks and then, he cant do nout

edit: if you got green slip you dont have to pay :)

ant_tay
11-01-09, 09:03 AM
as long as you got the green bit the car is basically yours fill out the relevent form and send it off and you will get the log books back wwether he like is it or not

Mike
11-01-09, 09:28 AM
First thing id do is change the locks on it aswell :thumb:

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 11:07 AM
ye iv got the green bit (that is the v5c isnt it?). il send it off then with the v62 form. just say if i get the logbook in 3 or so weeks, what happens then if that guy sends off the logbook with the new keeper on and then my mate recieves another logbook? or will that not happen?

mike - it hasnt got any locks lol but its always in my garage and the only place i will park it is at work where nobody will even touch it!

Martin
11-01-09, 11:14 AM
This is why i always write out 2bills of sale with the cars Reg, conditions IE sold as seen , and get both parties to sign it.. he keeps one you keep one

L33 LEG
11-01-09, 11:36 AM
i always do that. but seen as i couldnt be there this time to buy it for some reason my mate forgot to get that done

Rickyb
11-01-09, 04:11 PM
im sure if you send a v62 off thay send him a letter to ask if hes sold it if thay dont here from him thay issue you the v5 but if he replys to it then your no closer realy.

letvalva
11-01-09, 05:20 PM
ya can get log book even if he does send it as scrapped, just has to have an sva test to get log book, and maybe come back on different reg, sure my mate had summat like this with a car once, minus the childish behavior though lol

Novasport
11-01-09, 09:06 PM
DVLA says: 'The registration certificate is not a document of title, the person recorded may not be the legal owner'

Print this off and apply for a new one...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/AdviceOnBuyingAndSellingAVehicle/DG_4022404?IdcService=GET_FILE&dID=174970&Rendition=Web

L14MNP
11-01-09, 11:05 PM
Not good lol. He can easily say he scrapped it TBH. He could say he took it to a scrap metal dealer but they never asked for the log book and then the DVLA say just update their records on his word, or send him a letter to sign agrreing it's scrapped.

Any attempt you make to obtain a new log book will mean DVLA letters sent to him.

Take the Nova back and swap if for the woman IMO lol

I hope this isn't going to be like your no. plate debacle and go nowhere sunshine lol

L33 LEG
12-01-09, 12:57 AM
lol im wanting to get this sorted asap. il ring dvla up 2moro hopefully and see what they say

ant_tay
12-01-09, 08:26 AM
if you get the new log books back in your name and your signature will be on the data base they keep and if he trys to send of his bit saying its scrapped wont they see the signatures are different and contact the registered keeper to find out

L33 LEG
12-01-09, 11:07 AM
before i ring them up should i pretend to be my mate? (the one who has signed the new keeper part) or is it best telling them that it is actually my car?

L33 LEG
12-01-09, 11:29 AM
i just rang dvla and after 50 options to go through finally got to somebody Lol. he just said i need to send my v5c2 off with the v62 form and that should be ok.

if i get a logbook and then the guy actually sends hsi part of as normal god knows what will happen cos thats in a diff name, but at least itl be in my mates name who i can trust.

Riggy
12-01-09, 03:17 PM
^^ wouldnt make any difference as your loggbook will have the latest issue number , and any prior wont make no difference