PDA

View Full Version : wide arch kit

baha_guy
09-12-02, 02:58 PM
:arrow: I am thinking of getting a wide arch kit for my mk1 nova. And i would like to no what you all think about then. And does anyone have any idear how much they cast are were to buy then.

mikeoxford
09-12-02, 03:11 PM
to be fair i prefer more subtle styling

BUT wide arch kits do look alright if they have the alloys to fill them

no good having small alloys, or ones that are so far in you cant see them

need to be out flush with the edge to look right IMO

aparently if you buy a wide arch kit, they are meant for rallying only. so the condtion of the kits are usually a little bit rough round the edges. so they take a bit of work to get right. not much, just a bit.

the quality of the wide arch kit, DOES vary from manufacturer to manufacturer

im sure someone else on here will tell you where the best ones vs money are from.

id say yes go for it (ive voted) as you obviously fancy the idea, as you wouldnt post or think about it, and itll make it different.

HTH a bit?

mike

jon_boy
09-12-02, 05:51 PM
im just in the process of recieving/putting my wide arch kit on. with something like a gte kit and some good alloys i think they look the nuts. make the car look really low squatted and hard arsed. very rally esque!

?Marty?
09-12-02, 11:14 PM
Then get the track widened by 100mm. It'll handle ace!

brian
09-12-02, 11:18 PM
i like them (obviously since i fitted one!) but they have to be fitted well. i have seen some that look brutal bad. My car will be used for rallying next year as i built it with that in mind. have another road car for paintin now.
But go for it. as i said to few other people on here i deal with www.pro-tecmotorsport.co.uk
but whatever ya do think about the offset wheel yer gonna use. as mikeoxford said ya need to fill the arches. i have wide track suspension so its not a problem (but its costly and a bit rough for everyday use!)

Matt Finary
10-12-02, 10:59 AM
I think they look sweet 8) I made the one on the flying machine, but it's in a cossie style.

Matt :)

jon_boy
10-12-02, 06:02 PM
How or where do you get wide track suspension? sounds like a laugh. and ive got a wide arch kit on the way. and lotsa other bits. gonna build a rally car. thats road goin and hard as feck.

brian
10-12-02, 07:18 PM
well if yer after a kit that's "hard as feck"!! then my kit is for you. ther are two bushes in my car now and they are poly ones in the rear beam. up front its all rose-jointed and with Pro-tec's kit you get adjustable top mounts (which need a new turret box welded in) wider wishbones, tca's, rack extensions etc. in the rear there is a piece added to the beam to bring the wheels out in line with the front.i have been driving the car since may or june and can't wait to be let loose down a stage next year in it!! also Gp A ball joints should be got too. at 100 each they are a bit pricey but if you ever had a ball joint break -as i did- its worth every penny

?Marty?
11-12-02, 01:19 AM
It's ?1000 for front and/or rear (so ?2000 for both!!).

My mate Rally's a Nova, and it's got THE LOT! Since i use my car everyday, and i don't even have a driveway, when i have a 'big' job to do to it, i normally get him to do it (he owns an engineering/mechanics business). Mates Rates, if not a freebie! :D

jon_boy
11-12-02, 10:19 AM
im quite liking the sound of this... he he he. i think i have a plan.

brian
11-12-02, 08:31 PM
well the wide track kit alone is not ?1000 front and rear. around ?700 all in (obviously there isn't a hole lot that can be done to the back). i don't know what could add up to another ?1000 in the rear, maybe that includes a coilover conversion or somethin :?

?Marty?
12-12-02, 03:41 AM
Yeah, i probably made it all up. I'm not real either. :wink:

jon_boy
12-12-02, 06:17 PM
that sounds a bit more sensible. and i already have the coilovers so it would all be sweet. but what work would be needed to make sure the coilovers still sit in place. .... so many things to think about

brian
12-12-02, 07:19 PM
cool.marty look at the price of the wide track kit from Pro-Tec and explain what you're on about costing ?2000. there is easily that much spent on the under side of my car but the track kit is what we're on about.........or.......oh no maybe i didn't buy it for the right car. :roll:

?Marty?
13-12-02, 12:40 AM
Yeah, sorry the price i had was for a 'wrong' car.

The correct details are as follows:

Vauxhall Nova Wide Track (100mm wider than a standard Nova) Suspension Kit

The complete kit is ?923.08 (from TAS), and includes:
-adjustable TCA's
-heavy duty Group A tie rods
-Group A tie rod brackets
-turret kit
-stub axle spacer
-competition track rod ends

These parts are all available separately too.

jon_boy
13-12-02, 11:24 AM
call me simple but what are TCA's? Other wise has anyone got a web-site/contactnumber? Im spending far too much on this car.

red_devil
14-12-02, 09:27 AM
I'm gonna put either Carisma extreme R5 wide arches on or some Saxo VTR/VTS style ones. i'm taking out the back seats for an install and when travelling to uni and back i need to b able to carry alot of weight....

I like wide cars if they need it.... to go low on 16"s+ then i think its worth the hassle.