PDA

View Full Version : looking at impreza's

Rexy
10-01-09, 11:51 AM
We've had two in over the last couple of weeks and i'm quite liking them, one was a 53plate the other an X reg bug eyed I know the 53plate efforts are still around 6k... but i can easily get something around w x reg i would of thought. If not i'll buy crashed damaged, as my mate was offered a WRX for £1500 rear ended. owned by a Gangsta Bo! still.... bit shoddy but prefect to smash its teeth in and generally not care about :D

anyways... I Went to tescos last night in the willy and saw a white one tried to provoke him as i wanted to see how quick they are but he wasnt having non of it. I left mine in third and he gave it some pulled away but nothing a bit of 2nd gear wont of caught him up with.

anyways... are these things a waste of time before i spend hours looking at random ****e about them?

Prob got around 4kish to play with, unless i get my **** into gear and batter some overtime in :D

xe Dan
10-01-09, 11:59 AM
i had an old shape one and it was not as quick u would think. mine was 280bhp and felt slow my mates just got a hawk eye one with 275 bhp and my red top nova pushes it up the road lol o and they break easy so for the money there is better things out there

twistysnovagte
10-01-09, 01:01 PM
my sister,s boyfriend has a mint "old shape" blue P1 impreza with only 39k on the clock,service book to go with it, mods with reciepts now see the car a couple of horses under the 370bhp mark,he's looking "around" the £7500 mark,for a quick sale,its totaly mint,never been on track etc,pm me with any serious offers and ill get back to you asap.veiwing can be aranged. only 15-20 mile away in st.helens.
ps get the overtime inlol

Nick J
10-01-09, 02:26 PM
Id say this is well worth the cash for its spec fella, take a look.... :)

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/cars-sale/381881-impreza-uk300.html

Lee
10-01-09, 02:35 PM
Rexy blows up Clio. Reasonably cheap to fix.

Rexy blows up Impreza. Wallet takes full force of a nuclear explosion :)

brainsnova
10-01-09, 02:42 PM
are evo's easy to blow up.

thegingerwhinger
10-01-09, 02:45 PM
i work for a jap import garage and tbh i would say they were ****e. i dont like them and really expensive to maintain etc. make sure you get one that the belts been done on, if not engine out lol

russpazz
10-01-09, 03:36 PM
hate them! utter c74p! would never have one. all owned by 30-40 year old men, in mid life crises, and wana be cool. all sound the same and are slow.
mate of mine had a wrx sti import had it no more than 7 weeks nothing but grief n expense

paddy138
10-01-09, 04:02 PM
they do tend to blow up, mate of mine blew his up and it was £2000 for a full rebuild

Sloth
10-01-09, 04:10 PM
scoobs are, to be fair slow. what bout a supra tt for that cash? plenty about, and quicker than a scoob. the other option is the legacy 2.5 twin turbo. most are owned by farmers who spend major cash on them at service time, and theyll see a wrx sti impreza off easily! check the usual turbo engined car things, and look fer fsh and recent belt changes. and head gaskets on high milage examples. (100k+)

novaa
10-01-09, 04:45 PM
E36 M3

srs1
10-01-09, 08:01 PM
get a mazda rx7 or 8 if you can find a smashed one.

scoobies as all ready said, are exspensive to maintain and repair.
mazda, jap crap but hugely reliable

Rexy
10-01-09, 08:05 PM
rx7 could be cool... so the general cenus is that the scooby is ****e lol...

Plug
10-01-09, 08:17 PM
yea rx7 would be cool but haveing to rebuild it every x amount of miles is costly

dan16v
10-01-09, 09:27 PM
i work for a jap import garage and tbh i would say they were ****e. i dont like them and really expensive to maintain etc. make sure you get one that the belts been done on, if not engine out lol

Dont think your right there, ive seen a mate do a belt change on a subaru, just removed the rad.

stevie-p
10-01-09, 10:14 PM
my mate has a bugeye wrx sti prodrive import 51 plate 64k on the clock and running about 350bhp tbh it throws me back in the seat and him too but cost of running it and maintaining it are just not worth it

Novasport
10-01-09, 10:22 PM
I was looking at Imprezas a couple of years ago. We had a Type UK WRX traded in at work so decided to take it for the weekend and TBH I wasnt imprezzed(lol). Although it was low mileage & looked after it just wasnt what I expected, yes it was fast and handled well but I never felt comfortable in it.
The thing clunked & banged, didnt feel very well screwed together & went thru fuel like it had a hole in the tank!
It was a BIG disappointment and I ended up taking it back and swapping it with my BMW early as the engine warning light had come on!
I know it sounds daft and you may say they are in a different league but I prefer my Astra 888, a much nicer car to drive and I feel more relaxed in it.
I love Evo's but I darent drive one just in case I dont like them either lol

stevie-p
10-01-09, 10:43 PM
I love Evo's but I darent drive one just in case I dont like them either lol[/quote]
lol

Mike
11-01-09, 09:31 AM
^ lol

Evo's are in a different league altogether compared to an Impreza IMO. You know the old GM saying...."once drivin, forever smitten". Thats what happeneded to me after having a go in a 6 GSR.

Rexy
11-01-09, 11:08 AM
might look into the astra Tub's, the 888's will be far out the price range.

white2lSR
11-01-09, 11:25 AM
Evo 4 Ftw

Novasport
12-01-09, 08:48 PM
might look into the astra Tub's, the 888's will be far out the price range.

The 888's drive totally different to the standard Coupe Turbos. If you can wait til spring when its taxed again I'll take you out in it:thumb:.

thegingerwhinger
12-01-09, 09:31 PM
Dont think your right there, ive seen a mate do a belt change on a subaru, just removed the rad.
i mean if the belt breaks:tard: :tard:

Sloth
13-01-09, 01:01 AM
dare i say it................

cav turbo?

DaveyLC
13-01-09, 08:58 AM
scoobs are, to be fair slow. what bout a supra tt for that cash? plenty about, and quicker than a scoob. the other option is the legacy 2.5 twin turbo. most are owned by farmers who spend major cash on them at service time, and theyll see a wrx sti impreza off easily! check the usual turbo engined car things, and look fer fsh and recent belt changes. and head gaskets on high milage examples. (100k+)

Nah, the early are just over rated and the later ones are lardy.. The face lift classics are the best bet.. I used to have a circa 315bhp face lift UK Turbo, 4.7 0-60, saw off most things at the lights :) They cost sod all to run and are a doddle to work on/maintain if you do all the work yourself :)

hybridturbo
13-01-09, 11:22 AM
Id say this is well worth the cash for its spec fella, take a look.... :)

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/cars-sale/381881-impreza-uk300.html

Wish it wasnt so far away :(

Dod
13-01-09, 12:25 PM
http://jon44w.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=199125

I may have one yet. :)

hybridturbo
13-01-09, 12:42 PM
No roof vent dod?

twistysnovagte
13-01-09, 03:12 PM
might look into the astra Tub's, the 888's will be far out the price range.lmao,he also has one of these(astra mk4 gsi turbo) he is looking to part with too,totaly immaculate estroil blue,low milage,forced air intake, larger bore exhaust sytem,larger intercooler fitted,centre dash fitted guages etc,reason for sale, just doesnt get used, parked on my fathers drive virtualy every night of the week.
pm if intersted:thumb:

Spudly
13-01-09, 03:19 PM
dare i say it................

cav turbo?

Na rexy is heavy footed he would break it too soon but then again he could get one, break it and then give it to me cos he loves me.......

Hmmmm, yeah get a cav tubby lol

Jack
13-01-09, 05:49 PM
forced air intake
Uh oh (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turbo-Boost-Electric-Supercharger-for-Your-Car-or-Truck_W0QQitemZ160308765038QQihZ006QQcategoryZ7220 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

twistysnovagte
14-01-09, 12:34 PM
Uh oh (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turbo-Boost-Electric-Supercharger-for-Your-Car-or-Truck_W0QQitemZ160308765038QQihZ006QQcategoryZ7220 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
sorry what was i thinking lmao,i meant one of those intakes with the shiny crome pipe with it(holds his head in shame):tard: lol

Sloth
14-01-09, 12:48 PM
y0 duuuuude, leccy charger just kicked in y0!!!!!

spud, he wont bust it, there quite good cars tbh, the ones left heve had most of the faults sorted, and the tx fault is blown out of all proportion.

RJM25R
14-01-09, 07:00 PM
i had an old shape one and it was not as quick u would think. mine was 280bhp and felt slow my mates just got a hawk eye one with 275 bhp and my red top nova pushes it up the road lol o and they break easy so for the money there is better things out there

Clearly there's something wrong with it or he can't drive it to it's ability. The hawk is heavier but carrying 100bhp more than you. . . . .

RJM25R
14-01-09, 07:10 PM
Rexy,

I'm looking at upgrading to a 54 plate SL, so if ya interested in a scooby, come and drive mine.

Half the monkeys slating them have clearly never driven one properly! It took me 3 months to un-learn FWD fast driving and I would say that I've only just cracked it properly. . . .

On anything other than a straight road it absolutely destroys most things and does 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. An example is my neighbour, he has a E46 M3, 321BHP and no transmission loss. On our bypass, in a straight line, he's quicker but on the twisties, i annihilate him!

As far as reliability is concerned, most issues are from wrong octane fuel and turning up the boost with a bleed valve or fitting a cone filter (which is a big no-no)

I'd be willing to sell mine for £4000 as a matter of interest.

Riggy
14-01-09, 07:13 PM
^^ ricks is very nice

wizzy
14-01-09, 07:27 PM
dont like scoobys there too comon evryones got one there just like family shopping cars

Rexy
14-01-09, 09:31 PM
I might pop over matey and have a looksie and go if you dont mind, I've been offered a clio V6 today but at 10k pmsl... no ta.

I was actually speaking to the guy who has the V6, well he has a scooby and was telling me they are fine and dandy unless they are played with. I was a it ummmmm about that one. I can see that Subaru would of made the engine within a tolerance but can it take a good battering around track. saying that the black one at donnington was killing lots and lots lol.

Pm me your number, i dont want to waste your time like as im still undecided which was i want to go.