PDA

View Full Version : e16se bottom end to c16se head

turbo-boy
08-01-09, 06:48 PM
hello there wanting to no what i need to change when fitting a e16se bottom end to a c16se head.cn i just change the timimg pulleys or is there something different about the oil pump?cheers

Glengy
08-01-09, 07:36 PM
The head is the same i am using a e16se head on a c16se and they look identical.

The cambox is different because the e16 has a distributor and the c16 is dispack

turbo-boy
09-01-09, 08:33 PM
im wanting to use e16se block with c16se head nd all the bits was your timing belt the same,as in did both pulleys match.my timing belt tensiona of a tenioner and not the water pump

Glengy
09-01-09, 10:06 PM
Oh i see what you mean.

Yes it will fit the teeth on the pulleys for both engines are round tooth. I removed the tensioner on my engine and used the water pump to tension. The belt i used is the shorter GTE belt i can get you the vaux part number if needed. I think im write you mean your timing belt uses a tensioner then use the same type of belt that came off.

What engine managment are you using because they both use different looms, ECUs sensors etc so it wont be a plug and play jobbie.

If you are just rebuilding a c16 and you have the whole engine and ancilleries then yes you can bolt it all on an e16 bottom end

turbo-boy
10-01-09, 05:07 PM
yes im rebuilding one think i will use the smaller belt and use the water pump to tension it.cheers