PDA

View Full Version : coilovers....

jon_boy
08-12-02, 06:05 PM
what are the benefits of coilovers? how hard are they to fit on the rear bearing in mind i have 17's. apparently they are gonna rub the wheel etc?! Can anyone shed any light please? thanks, jon

Rick Draper
08-12-02, 06:49 PM
Not worth the hassle, avos will not fit without loads of work with 17's and you cannot go any lower than with std setup as the wheel hitting the front of the back arch is the limiting factor. Rick

brian
08-12-02, 07:06 PM
the one and only time i saw coilovers on the rear of a nova was on an autocross nova. i guy i know ran it last season. it was a very strange set up. the back half of the car was a space frame with the rear turrets in a completely different place from a standard one. he rolled badly in Mondello park and when he was reshelling he left the rear standard so its obviously not worth it!! as for the front of your Nova coilovers will go on there ok. excellent for setting up but not really used to their full on a road car. I have Bilstein coilovers on the front of mine but that shell is being used for a Tarmac rally car soon.