PDA

View Full Version : PAS Cooling

AlexW
08-01-09, 02:28 PM
As some know my nova is having pas fitted but i wasnt sure about running the cooling rad that is usualy on the corsas (btw fluid/wet rack)

I havnt asked the maker of the pipes yet but i presume that it should be ok to run without it (Looking at CG's and reading elsewhere)

If it makes any difference the car will be used daily :cool:

Thanks in advance:thumb:

meritlover
08-01-09, 02:35 PM
even cars performance cars with 4 wheel steering dont have coolers on the PAS.
sounds like pointless weight and just more crap for the spec sheet

craig green
08-01-09, 02:43 PM
Mine has been fine without. It was something I considered as the cooler is usually integral on the pipes from what I've seen on Cav's & Astras in scrapyards.

Mark Beeson has run his car at the Nurburgring at many track days with the same setup & no issues either.

AlexW
08-01-09, 02:44 PM
Sorted then :p

(Didnt want to Pm you again CG :))

craig green
08-01-09, 03:28 PM
No worries.

Always happy to help anyone.

Stuart
08-01-09, 03:29 PM
The "cooling" I've seen on current Transits is merely the hard pipe with some fins on it running round the front of the grille...... I feel you wont have any issues at all on a light duty setup like a novas

Sloth
08-01-09, 03:38 PM
aye, although a few toyotas have decent 20cm by 15cm coolers, that bolt tothe slam panel lip. iirc its down to the type of pump used and how much heat it passes into the oil. primeras have a nice one aswell. 1 question tho, why not epas?

AlexW
08-01-09, 04:11 PM
Thanks for your help guys.

sloth i chose the wet rack as i got the parts cheap and i was already planning the corsa brake servo so locating the pump wasnt a problem. Plus its not much work to fit it.