PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal Q. What stops it...

Geordie-Chris
08-01-09, 09:12 AM
Been working on the Nova last night, was down by the pedals and noticed the clutch pedal actually hits the lower part of the steering column when fully depressed. Is there supposed to be some sort of mechanical stop on the floor or back of the pedal or something which stops it before it hits the column?? Any help or pics appreciated, always thought the pedal had too much travel, maybe it's missing a stop??

Shaun_O'Donnell
08-01-09, 09:13 AM
Nope, sounds fine to me.

Martin
08-01-09, 10:16 AM
when turning in my old one with the clutch in my size 13s used to get stuck in between the pedal and colum lol i thought it was broke. but every nova ive had has been the same

Geordie-Chris
08-01-09, 11:19 AM
Ok, cheers chaps!!

napalm_27
08-01-09, 11:30 AM
yep my size 13 gets nudged now and agen lol
its just the way they are

loggyboy
08-01-09, 12:04 PM
I screwed a rubber door stop to the buck head to stop mine from touching.

jimbob-mcgrew
08-01-09, 12:47 PM
from what ive noticed on all nova's, the pedal stops at the floor, and will hit the lowest part of the steering column too if your turning the wheel whilst the clutch is fully depressed.

shame about this flaw, as theres not many things i dont like about nova's but this one now and then does my head in.

i was thinking of correcting this design flaw on my last nova, didnt get round to it before i got rid of it, but it would be fairly easy to shave a slice off the side off the pedal arm where it catches on the column, or if worse comes to worse, cut the bar and re-weld it slighty offset to move it away.