PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN! ---- Picture Update ----

Anton
08-12-02, 01:09 PM
My mates car was nicked last nite. Last seen Colchester area. Its a red K plate on 15inch venoms. If anyone has been offered parts or seen it pm me please. pix below.. (more in 1.2 section)

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/290big6.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/290big7.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/290big.jpg

fcuking twats :evil:

Cheers
Ant

jim sri
08-12-02, 01:51 PM
where abouts was it nicked from matey?
does he live in colchester??

Anton
08-12-02, 01:54 PM
near tollgate. I'll ask him the exact address when he comes back, he has gone out looking for it. It didn't have much petrol in so I doubt they have taken it far.

jim sri
08-12-02, 02:00 PM
i'll keep an eye out for it round these parts. but ive never seen that nova anywhere in colchester in the past.
:evil:

Anton
08-12-02, 02:05 PM
thats cos he hasnt taken his test yet :?

jim sri
08-12-02, 02:19 PM
bugger!
will let ya know if see anything about.

nova1.2
08-12-02, 06:05 PM
ive lost me nova u have seen it mate cant u rember at sainburys cash point you puted up behind me. poor nova where are u. thanks evryone whos looking for it but i know if i do get it back it will mite be on fire and with no wheels but thats life :cry: thats was my dream (bye bye dream) thanks anton.......... for this notcie

Nova1.6
08-12-02, 06:29 PM
sorry to hear about that.
hope u find it with the ppl who took it, burn them i say!

Anton
08-12-02, 06:43 PM
we will find the fcukers dont worry... :evil:

Chris LR
08-12-02, 06:48 PM
I stand by comments I made yesterday about the police being a Joke.

When I had my SR nicked I was so lucky, it was found with 2 busted locks, the glovebox door ripped off and a screwdriver in the radio. I'm guessing they were about to torch it but got disturbed.

The Police told me it had been used as a get-away car in shoplifting at DIY stores, I've got all the stuff they nicked and left in the boot.

Hope your mate is as lucky as I was and he gets all of his car back in one piece.

baha_guy
08-12-02, 10:01 PM
:arrow: I would be very upset if my car got nicked so i hope u find it good luck. i dont see the fun in nicking cars.

ade
09-12-02, 12:44 AM
sorry to hear that m8 - makes me really angry - looks like a nice car too - hopefully you'll get it back.

Keep the faith!

I's a bit far for me too keep a lookee but If I notice the plate in glasgow I'll let you know!

Ade
:|

mikeoxford
09-12-02, 09:57 AM
thought my car was a gonna the other nite. came to where i left it on the end of an aisle, and couldnt see it :o i was about to call police when the girlfirend said lets go over have a proper look.
got half way over and i was so relieved.

it turned out a VW golf (new shape) had parked :x IN THE GANGWAY a few inches :x :x from my car - and had to climb over the passenger seat to get in!

my car wasnt visible from where it should have been and i completely bricked it.

my heart sank

to say i was relieved was an understatement.

sorry to hear that m8

Ric 16v
09-12-02, 06:35 PM
sorry to hear about that mate and all I can say is fucking twats, I hate it when people put loads of time, money and effort into their cars and then someone comes along and nicks it, you would be lucky to find it with the wheels, stereo etc still on/in it and probably the worst thing is it could have been burnt out but if it has bee burnt the cops would have rung u 2 tell u it was your car, If my car got nicked I would be distraught and If I found out who nicked it I WOULD crush there bollox, depending on whether it was a lad/s, forgot to mention have u reported it to the police so they can have a look out for it (maybe a stupid question that)

Jim
09-12-02, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Theives are scum.

Jim

carltoncrazy
09-12-02, 06:51 PM
not fair wen it happens,
keep an eye/ear open,coz thats been nicked for the wheels,so probley word of mouth,get a m8 to say he`s looking for sum wheels,and the message will go about.
then kill the wanker whos got em!

Jimmeh
09-12-02, 06:55 PM
i am really sorry to hear about that mate
I used to livew in an area full of gangs and have had one car nicked off me, ever since then I have had securelux on the windows and i carry a baseball bat in the boot now :(if i can then i will get all my college mates to keep an eye out for it, i have the number plate noted and will keep an eye out in the midlands for it ok?

I hope that you find it, and if i see it I will get it back with as much force as is needed alrite?

I do hope that we can find it. and i will get AS many ppl as is humanly possible out looking for it, i know a few ppl who may have known of its presence

Good luck and hope u find it soon.

James Cooper

Anton
09-12-02, 11:29 PM
Just recieved some more info, the pigs have found it on the A12 without wheels near boreham. Anyone has any info pm me. Thats all I know at the moment. Will keep you updated...

GTE-RACER
09-12-02, 11:54 PM
Lucky then if all they took were the alloyz, could have burnt her out :|
I had my alloyz stolen about 2years ago, now i have 4 locking nutz on each alloy un it still don't stop them pikeys tryin 2 tax em...Still...,gives me enuff time 2 get outta bed un kick me alsatian out the door at em tho :twisted:

carltoncrazy
10-12-02, 10:32 AM
told ya they nicked it for the wheels!!!
anton il keep my ear open for them,sadlywen i was 14 this used to be my past time,so i know sum1 who knows sum1 etc who might just know of em
if i hear of em,il let ya know.

Anton
10-12-02, 11:25 AM
Cheers matey, I think Ryan has gone to look at it today. All the police have told him is the wheels have gone, so maybe more has gone as well, they wont say yet. Its been dumped for a couple of days so who knows...

Ant

carltoncrazy
10-12-02, 01:42 PM
2 b honest i think he`l b ok,wheels only,
coz normal the old bill say if its fucked.
LUCKY SON OF A BICH DAT ITS COMING HOME RED,NOT RUST BROWN!

Lizzie
10-12-02, 01:45 PM
I reckon if you find whoever has nicked your baby, you should tell us all and even if you are a million miles away we should all get together in our novas and squash the fcukers one by one (unless there IS only one). Then they will know never to mess about with nova owners again! Cunts. :x

carltoncrazy
10-12-02, 02:21 PM
ya neva find em.nore will he see his wheels,again the seriel numbers will be off by now.its said but its the truth,
its better to learn from this.
i.e GET A GOOD ALARM!
and dont b a twat and leave the locking wheel nut key in the car!
carry it around with you,.

Nova1.6
10-12-02, 02:53 PM
did u have an alarm, and did u leave the locking wheel nut in the car, im going to hide mine tonight, never thought of it before! deerrrrr! :roll:
lets us know how it is when he's looked at it.
theres a B reg nova been dumped on london rd in sheff on way to city center, all flat tyres and back window smashed, i wish i could just take it home. can u do that, if u report a stolen car and it's not claim can u just take it, woulnd't it save the bizzies alot of time?

Neil

MattyWoo
10-12-02, 03:22 PM
I think from what i remember anton telling me the geeza is only 16 and he hadnt got an alarm or anything on it and it wasnt insured.
I'm glad my mum wouldnt let me get a car till i was 17 and could afford the insurance now!!!

carltoncrazy
10-12-02, 05:34 PM
TAKE THE LOCKING KEY OUT OF THE CAR!!!!
any1 with alloys.DONT LEAVE THE KEY IN THERE.
dont hide it,coz they guess where it is,
just take it out of the car!!!!
and no,its still the owners property,best thing is to ring the old bill,say ya intrested in buying it (say 50quid) and they will tell the owner,
who will probley sell it for 50

Nova1.6
11-12-02, 06:17 PM
ok will do,
yeah think i will call em. cheers.

carltoncrazy
11-12-02, 07:21 PM
jus give it shit,like dents been smashed up etc(make it sound worse than it is)
im glad 2 c ppl rescure older nova`s

ade
13-12-02, 12:22 AM
ANTON!

Whats the latest?

Was it just wheels and lock damage or wot? Is it ok?

let us know.

Ade

Fester
13-12-02, 03:59 AM
its a sad sight the fuckin bell cheese dickheads

Anton
13-12-02, 08:37 AM
ADE!!!!!

I'm off to college now mate, but I recieved some pix of whats left, and I will upload and post them when I get home.

Ant :P

mikeoxford
13-12-02, 10:22 AM
lol i always forget to put my locking key IN the car, so if i had a flat id be FOOKED! lol, must buy ether that expanding foam shit or somewhere to hide it

Nova1.6
13-12-02, 11:40 AM
ill have to get some of that stuff too mike, but to be honest, do u
A. put ur locking key in the car in the chance that u do get a flat and change it, and also give theifs a helping hand in knicking your wheels.

or

B. if u do get a flat, you phone ur mum/dad/mate and get them to bring the locking nut out, and make it alot hard or theifs to steal your nice shiney alloys.

Anton
13-12-02, 11:53 AM
Here is the car after they nicked it. It was dumped on the ground when they nicked the wheels, subs, parcel shelf with 6x9s, alloy gear knob etc etc. The white crap is where the pigs dusted for prints...

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/377big.jpg

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/377big2.jpg

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/377big3.jpg

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/377big4.jpg

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/377big5.jpg

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/377big6.jpg

fcuking nobs :evil:

ade
13-12-02, 12:33 PM
no pics m8!

is it fixable

Nova1.6
13-12-02, 12:35 PM
i honestly feel a sence of morning, i feel so sorry for you. did they not take the serteo coz u took the head unit off?
Are you going to keep the car and re-do it up again of buy a new one?
I'd go looking for those twats, kick the sh!t outa them and then burn them alive, and just before they look crisp, put em out and them kick some more sh!t outa them! I'd give u hand and im sure many of other Nl members would!

Sorry again and hope u get things back up and running again.

carltoncrazy
13-12-02, 12:37 PM
sorry,but that culd of been ALOT worse,
hes got off lightly

Anton
13-12-02, 12:37 PM
He told me he is going to rebuild, but it has put him back a long way as he has a limited student budget :(

wisewood
13-12-02, 12:47 PM
that is bad - i have found my cars outside the house in that state many times... but they never managed to take it. thats one reason i never modified the nova... didn't wanna make it more of a target.

Nova1.6
13-12-02, 12:55 PM
if u do mod a nova, or any car, make sure uve got the sercurity to protect it, any kind of mods that'll atract attention will help entise a thief!
Get a good alarm!

ade
14-12-02, 04:55 PM
got away lightly by all accounts. At least the body looks ok - whats the underneath/sump like if it was left on its axles check for damage to suspension etc...

Best security (so no one can nick it) is to take the steering wheen with ya.

At least they left the stereo (I presume he took the face off before he locked the car up?)

Speakers etc can be replaced with time and depending on insurance can be replaced through that - hopefully

Insurance should cover cost of new locks - if not check out local scrappies (sure you know) - get a set for ?10!

big_steve_x
14-12-02, 08:30 PM
when i got my car, i was extremely wary of theives, since it wasn't insured, i took the battery out, then once i got me alloys, i spent ?300 on the alarm/immobiliser (this will normally deter nearly all theives once it goes off) , next step was to de-lock, since nova locks are utter crap, also, never leave anything expensive in your car, cover any stereo gear up that you have in the back etc, security floodlight looking down on your car also helps, main thing though, if you live in a high crime area, don't sit there in your car outside your house with your stereo pumpin away, people around will be thinkin, oooo, that'll go nice in my car, i'll come back later an have that. Anyway, sorry to hear that mate, but its gonna happen to someone, we just all hope it aint us!

mikeoxford
14-12-02, 09:18 PM
thing i notice time and time again in scrap yards, and also on your photo is all the thief does, is screwdriver the locks, then once inside, using the SAME screwdriver, brake the sterring wheel shroud off - or maybe even UN SCREW IT! and with the SAME screw driver, leave the ignition barrel apart

with the SAME screwdriver - ram it in the ignition switch, crank it and off we go

WHICH FOOKER INVENTED SCREWDRIVERS.............?

he hasn't done too bad, could have been worse. however it shouldnt have hapand in the first place.

thieves do my head in. - its only to fund a coke habbit or summat.

im going to fit kill switches i think as this seems a common thing i see in scrap yards time and time again.

Ric 16v
15-12-02, 03:59 PM
the first thing I did when I got my car was get an alarm and immobiliser fitted (clifford), even though it was down the garden and nowhere near the road I still felt it didn't feel safe !!!!!!! and wisewood if u fit kill swiches in ur car and the thieves can't start it they will get pissed off and probably just torch it after they have nicked all thats worth off it !!!!!!

Chris LR
15-12-02, 04:11 PM
Yeah but if you've fitted kill switches your car isn't going anywhere, so if it's outside your house or under CCTV in a car park, it won't be so bad.

They're not not likely to wait around long enough to torch your car when you can come out at any minute.

To be honest the 'Standard' security on my car was quickly replaced, Alarm/Imob + Stoplock.

carltoncrazy
15-12-02, 04:16 PM
sri 16v,sorry but you clear you dont understand thevies,
they dont wanna be hanging around,ok if they cant get it started,they run.
sadly being a sicking duck isnt there sorta thing,
coz they know werid people like me could came out at any time with a sorn off, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Chris LR
15-12-02, 04:19 PM
36" crow bar is my weapon of choice.

jim sri
15-12-02, 04:35 PM
most surely dont carry a gallon of petrol around with em, 'just incase' they get angry and decide to burn!
its unlikely to get burned outside ur house, its if they get away in it, then steal the bits, they'll burn-to remove fingerprints/evidence.
still cnuts though!
:evil:

mikeoxford
15-12-02, 05:07 PM
lol me and wise are gettin mixed up COOL 8)

is it ma sexi body! :D

errrr

lol useless post - how can i turn this around?

oh yeah

buy a dog

mikeoxford
15-12-02, 05:07 PM
seriously i got me alarm and immob upgraded (cobra jobby) and im going to do thing like relocate bonnet pull next i think.

kill switches are very good idea

just gotta decide ho what where and when.

Nova-Flair
15-12-02, 10:09 PM
i had a close call with my beast the other day.

some tw@t went and robbed my neighbors shed which is all of 5 yrds away from my motor which has no alarm yet could have had my new head unit and 6x9's if they had looked.

wouldnt care my neighbor is a copper as well :?

Tilly
17-12-02, 12:51 AM
That is ppretty gutting seeing that. I know exactly how he must of felt when it was nicked. Lucky casa was found untouched. Just took a couple of cds

Ben Ritchie
17-12-02, 04:09 PM
i know how you feel buddy, i got my first nova nicked. i went to the pictures with my girlfriend and when we came out my car was gone. i couldn't believe it.police dont do sh!t it took them 3 weeks before they started looking for it and when they did they phoned my house on my birthday and my mum didn't have the heart to tell me. she told me the day after and i was so upset.they took my alloys,cd player,6x9s,wallet just everything and then torched it on an unclassified road.wot made it more gutting is that you always love your first car.all i can say is i hope you find it buddy and when you do put some serious alarm equipment on it. all the best

Nova-Flair
17-12-02, 05:09 PM
thats pretty crappy ben! bet u would loved to have caught the tw@t who done it

what boils my pi$s is that most of the time it is just some scrawny little drug addict or 12 yr old rent boy who would start begging for mercy if u caught them in the act!

carltoncrazy
17-12-02, 05:57 PM
if it was a 12yr old id be fair to him,
instead of killing himid let him off lightly,and play football with his head instead

wisewood
17-12-02, 06:13 PM
lol me and wise are gettin mixed up COOL 8)

mike - don't tell me you are turning into a wisewood wannabe now...
Neil is only just getting over it, don't think i can handle another one just yet :lol: