PDA

View Full Version : Help throttle jamming open!!!!

Rally Nova
07-01-09, 06:28 PM
ive jus fitted twin 40s to me nova 1.4 sr it sounds the bollocks and goes like stink but whenever i floor it completely the thottle will jam open after about a couple of seconds of bootin it but as soon as i turn off the engine and strt up again its fine until i floor it lol any ideas

Adam
07-01-09, 06:31 PM
The linkage is obviously binding somewhere....

Nobby
07-01-09, 10:41 PM
Sounds saft but the pedals not getting stuck on a carpet is it? at my work we have soooo many lol

MC
08-01-09, 04:36 PM
My cable used to stick in the firewall.

craig green
08-01-09, 05:23 PM
Poor cable routing perhaps, try re-routing it better, lube the cable inner/outer sleeve & check for any resistance in the throttle linkage. Its spring tension needs to overcome any friction in the pedal or cable in order to snap shut.

Rally Nova
08-01-09, 06:17 PM
ive lubed up the linkage with a lot of wd but i was drivin it to college and it was still stickin the pedal was stuck down wen it done so it mite be sumthin to do wit the cable im gona ave a proper look at wrk tomrrow

Will F
08-01-09, 07:40 PM
pedal has a spring on it - so it sounds like its jamming inside the car.... otherwise the pedal would just spring back if that makes sense?

spindle may be bent in carbs? Just have a look under the bonnet and push it with your finger (with the engine off)