PDA

View Full Version : convert brakes from hubs to disc

wizzy
07-01-09, 05:27 PM
hi i have been reading on the how to guides on how to change the brakes from drums to discs by taking the nova brake plate off and replasing it with an astra one is there anyway i would be able to buy the whole rear axle with the bracke discs already on and what car could i get it off cheers any information would be grateful

Adam*D
07-01-09, 05:40 PM
think you mean from drums to discs mate. Only way you can get a complete rear disc brake axle is to fit an astra gte 1, but then you'd have to wide track the car. You might find someone breaking a nova thats been converted to discs, or you'll have to buy the adapter plates and do the job yourself. I don't see why anyone would want rear discs tho, I've been in a few novas with rear discs and wouldn't say they were any better than drums!

wizzy
07-01-09, 05:43 PM
why whats the difference mate

Pistol Pete
07-01-09, 05:44 PM
Buy an Astra 16v GTE rear axle. Remove the discs, hubs and the backing plates. The remove the drums and the plates from your Nova axle and weld the Astra plates to the Nova axle. Then you can fit the Astra parts. There should be loads of info and pics on here somewhere. Have a look in the articles section. Or do a search.

wizzy
07-01-09, 05:47 PM
cheers

Plug
07-01-09, 06:13 PM
drums are more than enough on the back if you get bigger breaks for the front

wizzy
07-01-09, 06:20 PM
ok cheers

james cuj
08-01-09, 06:10 PM
simps has a full rear beam forsale in parts for sale mate