PDA

View Full Version : Should i get a gsi?

Dave_Hay
07-12-02, 04:18 PM
well ive had no luck with my corsa and parts on them are expensive to fix.

sooooo should i get another nova, there simple to work on and look very good with some little mods.

i dont want the hastle of expensive parts. ie my corsa wiring loom went on fire. so i want to get rid of that car when i get that fixed. too many bad memories with it :cry:

opinions on getting a gsi? wouldnt ming j/k reg black one, whats my chances on getting a nice one for about 1.5k?? thats all i can afford just now. insurance shouldnt be too bad @ 19 with 2rs ncb, just gotta wait to see what happens about my accident today.

what do u lot think? go back into novas? or stick it out with corsa? i fecking loved driving my sr

RobIsGrt18
07-12-02, 04:32 PM
dave m8, go for the gsi !!! u kno it makes sence :)

ohhh and let us kno how much u get quoted for insurance as come feb i'll be in same situation, 19 with 2 yr ncb

Dave_Hay
07-12-02, 05:23 PM
will do m8

CP
07-12-02, 09:37 PM
Corsa's are more upto date but do they have as much character/street cred?? I dont think so. Gsi all the way m8 - bit of pain to run but more rewarding

Dave_Hay
07-12-02, 10:08 PM
how u mean? unreliable?

im guessing more little things will go wrong with a gsi but shouldnt cost me ???????? to fix.

if it does ill put carbs on lol damn electrical systems i hate em

wisewood
07-12-02, 10:08 PM
asking a question like shall i keep my corsa or get another nova - on a nova web site... hmm... have you already made your mind up i wonder?

seems you are going to get an obvious answer to me dave. :D

Dave_Hay
07-12-02, 10:10 PM
nah hopefully i know enuff people to get a serious answer lol

Chris_W
07-12-02, 11:43 PM
Dave,
As it seems your key issues are the corsa being pricey and unreliable I'd say this.
Pricey parts is something you have to put up with, with a newer car, as for unreliable, I always thought a newer car should be more reliable, but it all comes down to how well the previous owner looked after it I guess :roll:
As for getting a GSI, you've had a nova before, so know what to look for, and how they come apart and go back together, so I don't see any problems on that score. The Nova is almost as old as Noah's ark so parts are cheap as chips :lol: and are easy to find if something does go wrong.
I'd say get the nova if it was a straight choice between that and a corsa, but remember there are other car makers out there........

HTH

Chris

locky
08-12-02, 03:28 AM
Try and insure a GSI, u may have probs!
I tried lots companies, crappy prices, only tpft as well!
Good luck tho, i'd go 4 a gsi no 2 ways bout it!

Jim
08-12-02, 10:10 AM
wouldnt ming j/k reg black one, whats my chances on getting a nice one for about 1.5k??

Not sure what chances you have of getting a Gsi for that money, seems reasonable, but in Black? hmmmm :? I don't know what it is, but Black Novas seem to be pretty rare.

Keep your eyes open, i'd suggest to go for a Gsi thats in good condition rather than one that's in black. I know this is common sense, but you'd be surprised how many people set there sites on one thing in particular and not look at the bigger picture.

Jim

Nova-Flair
08-12-02, 02:53 PM
get an insurance quote first and see what they say if you can realistically afford it id definately say go for it.

having had both a nova and corsa u will know the pros and cons.

u know the logical decision tho........nova all the way!

Dave_Hay
08-12-02, 05:55 PM
yeah i know, ill be getting the car thats in best condition, black would be a bonus :)

as for other cars i may get a pug 106xsi, mum and sis have had them and they were very reliable.

hows ur daughters one cp?? a rallye would be :twisted:

CP
08-12-02, 09:35 PM
Pretty bloody pokey actually m8. Its got no induction kit and the factory chip is pretty shitty but if you get some revs on it, it motors. It pings round corners with a good positive stable feel. Well balanced and agile - pretty neutral but understeer appears if provoked. Overall quite a lot faster than a 1.4 Nova and have the edge over a std 1.6 GTE/GSI round the twisty stuff. Suspension design is superior but the whole thing a bit heavier. Prolly cost more for spares - little things like setting the steering toe can be a bitch and more expensive to buy.

Dave_Hay
08-12-02, 10:21 PM
which would u pick then? the nova or the pug and why :P

really am tempted by the gsi i just think i could struggle to insure it now i crashed on saturday :( not the corsa btw cos of the wiring loom :roll: been a looooooooooooong weekend

soz peeps, i just dunno where else to ask on net to get opinions on a new car

cheers for replies so far

Fester
08-12-02, 11:46 PM
I still havnt got another car