PDA

View Full Version : Rims

Matt Finary
07-12-02, 12:02 AM
Does anyone know where I can get 22inch wheels from in a 5 stud Vauxhall fit, offset doesn't matter.

Matt :D

?Marty?
07-12-02, 02:25 AM
Breyton.

You should just contact some wheel manufacturers that make wheels in that size, and see if you can buy some with blank centers. And then just get them re-drilled to suit (or they may even oblidge themselves).

I shouldn't think that too many 22 inch wheels are sold, so they'd be glad to do it just to sell it. And it would be a talking point and good promotion for the company, aspecially if you mention that you're taking your car to shows and it'll be featured in a mag. Might even get sponsorship/discount.

22 inch wheels!! On a Nova!?! Personally i can't see it working, even with the bodymods you're carrying out. RX7's are a lot bigger, and 20's look almost too big on them, but they 'just get away with it'. But 22's, and on a Nova?

Rather you than me, that's all i can say.

What made you decide to fit such large wheels anyway?

To be the first? To prevent people copying/be the only one? To get front cover on a mag? Because you think it'll look really good? Some other reason(s)?

I hope it doesn't look like i'm 'having a go', i'm just curious. Bigger may be better, but there definitely is 'a line' as to how far it can go, before it has the opposite effect.

Have to say, even though i don't 'agree with it', i can't wait to see it for real. Should be good, however it looks.

Matt Finary
07-12-02, 12:32 PM
They will fit easy with the amount to reworking I have now done :roll: . I only want to find out if anywhere does them, I want to use them for shows only. I'm going to be runnin 17 on the road.

Matt :D

djp_y2k
07-12-02, 05:14 PM
Breyton are the only ones. They are 7 x 22" but they are a bmw fitment.

I've got to agree with marty.

I dabled with idea when I heard they were 7" wide, but when I saw a set. They are fecking huge.

If you are to get them you will need to run bigger wheels than 17's when on the raod as it will just look stupid.

I reckoned the wheels may touvh the front door so there will be a whole lot of work to the front and back suspension to make them fit.

If you can make the car look low enough go for it, but I would personally get 19's or 20's.

The body work will make the car stand out enough. If you stick 22's on it people wont see the rest of the car.

Good luck though mate if you go for it.

djp_y2k
07-12-02, 05:14 PM
Breyton are the only ones. They are 7 x 22" but they are a bmw fitment.

I've got to agree with marty.

I dabled with idea when I heard they were 7" wide, but when I saw a set. They are fecking huge.

If you are to get them you will need to run bigger wheels than 17's when on the raod as it will just look stupid.

I reckoned the wheels may touvh the front door so there will be a whole lot of work to the front and back suspension to make them fit.

If you can make the car look low enough go for it, but I would personally get 19's or 20's.

The body work will make the car stand out enough. If you stick 22's on it people wont see the rest of the car.

Good luck though mate if you go for it.

brian
07-12-02, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know where I can get 22inch wheels
ya daft lunatic!!!! :o
best of luck. i'd like to see that. id imagine it will take a hell of a lot of work since i have massive arches and know for a fact they would not go on. :|

Matt Finary
07-12-02, 05:49 PM
I know they will fit :twisted: , I have spent over 100 hours on each of the rear arches :o .

Matt

jon_boy
08-12-02, 06:11 PM
surely they are gonna catch on some things.... maybe the rear seats! lol! good luck though. sounds interesting. ah you might be the best person to ask. apparently rear coilovers take a bit of work to get on, rub on the rear innerarch/wheel? an advice? they are gonna have 17's on as well...

djp_y2k
09-12-02, 09:13 AM
I've heard they rub as well. Best solution is to put get some spacers for your wheels if they catch on them. If it is the inner arch try hitting it with a hammer.

If that dont work work you will have to rework the arches so it doesnt catch.

Matt Finary
09-12-02, 01:37 PM
The inner arch is 30 inches around. Can you get 21inch rims?

Matt :)

djp_y2k
09-12-02, 03:28 PM
I havent seen any. I've been looking at all the american sites for wheels and most of them are in the following sizes

18 x 7.5

19 x 7.5

20 x 8.5

22 x 9 or bigger

The only people I know that make a thin rim over 20" is breyton, but not a 21".

Have you thought about getting some custom made. Cost a small fortune though I would have thought.

?Marty?
09-12-02, 11:16 PM
Kahn make 22 inch wheels too.

Matt Finary
10-12-02, 10:54 AM
Thanks, I will have to look in to it more. I will let you know how I get on :P

Matt :)

Ric 16v
10-12-02, 06:15 PM
I believe they will fit, it will be quite high off the ground if u r going to be running 22" rims but it will look good if it has a big bodykit on it :D :D :D :D :D ggo luck, can't wait to see it finished

Matt Finary
10-12-02, 10:32 PM
As I'm using airbags I can lower up and down as I want so when I park up I can slam it. At the moment the kit will sit on the ground on 17's and 18's.

Matt :twisted: