PDA

View Full Version : paying for novaload?

carltoncrazy
06-12-02, 09:33 PM
this came up in the hours of darkness.
a fee of ?10-15 was mention,now its not officel but it was an idea.
im hope this can judge and help admin work out what the opions are,if im honest,id pay,this sites great,gd ppl,gd advice,and i think for 15 quid,is worth it.i dont think any one can fight the fact thats its a good site.
and im sure we`d get some goodies like sticks,tax disk holders etc,
however the only bad point is,people tend to be turned away by pay-to veiw site(not that sort!)as they dont want to pay 15quid and find its shit,or they dont like it etc.however if we do pay-veiw,then we`d get rid of anybody who h8s nova`s,as they wont want to waste 15 quid.so thats a good point.
see i reckon most of us would pay the 15 quid,for the service,
even if ya r a student?
opions plez,and vote would you pay,

wisewood
06-12-02, 10:02 PM
As an idea it is quite good... would help the site out no end... Kev could afford to do all the stuff he wanted to the server etc... and even set up a second server in case of emergencies... it would also give him the cash to pay for novaload branded stuff like sweatshirts, t-shirts etc to be made up... so from that perspective it is a good thing...

However, although most of the regulars would be happy to pay a small fee to help out the site, new members probably wouldn't and it would limit the flow of new members - It would be nice to help kev out financially with the running of the site, but I think most people would be put off by the idea and simply go elsewhere which would result in novaload no longer being THE nova web site...

Nice idea... but wouldn't work.

A better idea would be for us to just send a few quid in the post if we want to, and not bother if we don't want to...

Another idea would be a novaload online store... selling stuff like T-Shirts and stickers etc online... but thats yet more work for kev as he would have to track orders and make sure he was shipping the right stuff.

You start looking into financial matters for the site and it gets very complicated indeed... but I do think it is a little unfair that so many people get lots of use from this site nad kev has just spend 170 quid of his own cash on a UPS to make sure power cuts don't cause thesame 48 hour carnage as they did this week...

I know what you are thinking... you are thinking WISEWOOD SHUT UP MAN!!! HERE YOU GO AGAIN WITH YOUR LONG REPLIES!!! ... so ok... I ave said enough... but i have 48 hours to make up for :lol:

frillip
06-12-02, 10:13 PM
Nah wisewood u speak wise (obviously) once again
by sayin why shud he have to shell out for the hardware etc once agen without ne help

Alex
06-12-02, 10:31 PM
ok
approx 4000 users
?15 each
15 x 4000 = One rich Kev :) (?60000)
:!:

Matt Finary
06-12-02, 11:15 PM
They is prob only about 100-150 true users of Novaload. But at 15 a time that is still ?1500-?2250 which would help Kev.

Matt :D

Anton
06-12-02, 11:34 PM
tax disc holders and stickers... lol :D

baha_guy
06-12-02, 11:43 PM
I Think Novaload will be best left FREE.. :And have a online shop to make money..

carltoncrazy
06-12-02, 11:47 PM
maybe this is how we find out whos true to novaload,and whos just here for the fun of it,
ya see 60,000quid,one would help him,we could get a online shop,discounts at shops etc.
see if we get the ball rolling it could open up alot more doors for us,
as i said discounts,recent runways and things,
im saying use 60k for everything,renting out a tack or somthing,
tho in realy like i reckon kev would get max 10k.
KEV wot to u think of all this,wot wuld u spend the money on?
i think this is a serious option,paying for novaload i mean,
imiagian all the twats we get rid of!

?Marty?
07-12-02, 01:49 AM
Ok then not money.

How about 'executive relief' to help with his stress? :lol:

Oh, and how much would it 'cost' for me to become Admin? :lol: I'm sensible, mature and trustworthy.

wisewood
07-12-02, 09:55 AM
Micky - couldn't agree with you more - you start charging and you are expected to be a club... club's are rarely as community orineted as novaload is... we all look out for each other etc where possible.
Send cash if you want to ... if not - don't bother.

Oh, and how much would it 'cost' for me to become Admin? :lol: I'm sensible, mature and trustworthy.

I think for them to make you admin you woul dhave to pay a substantial amount of money mate, and wait for all the other members to die... especially after showing your trustworthyness and maturity by impersonating admin and kev... and even me, though god knows why - in chat the other day... Yes... very mature :lol:

MattyWoo
07-12-02, 10:30 AM
the online shop type thing may work if another member took responsibility for it, so kev didnt need to do anything more!!

wisewood
07-12-02, 10:40 AM
but it would have to be someone he could trust... like another member of admin - who i am sure have enough on their plate also...

I wouldn't fancy trying to squeeze in running an online store in my spare time that's for sure... I have little spare time as it is... and I am sure others on here are the same.

It would be good to have one... but would be loads of work to set up - and loads more work to run it.. and if kev couldn't or wouldn't find the time - who the hell could he let run it for him?

locky
07-12-02, 11:33 AM
Paying for nl, is a good idea,
But, as wisewood sed, the newer members aint gonna fork out for it!
We all know kev works hard to keep this site running, as does the moderators and admin!
I think the Best way to "fund" the site is to make lotsa profit off merchandise! but not 2 expensive so u dont sell the goods!
The thing is, is there are alot of peeps on this site who come on here for free info! but then there are peeps who dont ask alot of questions, but give out alot of info, so y should they pay the same, and they dont ask 4 much info!
Its a grey area here lads!
Btw, i'd pay a small fee as this is a gr8 community, i give to recieve, and i enjoy the chat in the nights, plus i really enjoy the meets!

carltoncrazy
07-12-02, 12:54 PM
yeh locky has a point,
jus as an exanmple il u dicko,ive never seen him ask a question,but how many times has he help uslot out?alot,
so maybe the idea of selling novaload key rings,tax disk holers,t-shirts-jumpers etc,jackets would be better.
the problem is,is that theres gonna b a time when every1 has got everything,then wot do we do?alloy dust caps with novaload on em? :lol:
i do think though that something needs to change and help kev,coz end of the day he`s spending money on uslot,on people he doesnt even know.
yeh you can say send dosh if ya want,but people will see this as an option,and we all get skint etc.
as i said before i jus think we should just try and help kebv with the money side of things!

wisewood
07-12-02, 09:18 PM
Yeah but today I offered him 10 quid for my share of the UPS battery next time there is a power cut and he told me not to be so soft, so i say to hell with him... let him be skint, see if we all care :lol:

You know i don't mean it kev... :D

Chris LR
07-12-02, 09:47 PM
I'll gladly pay

I think of it like this, I pay roughtly ?40 to the RAC everyyear, they give me a plastic card and a taxdisc holder, and whatever help I need.

Now, If I paid ?15 to NL, I'd probably get a taxdisc holder, maybe a card, a good laugh, technical advice thats second to none, organised meets and Wisewood's wisdom.

I think they both give as much as each other, but NL is better value for money.

wisewood
07-12-02, 10:02 PM
lol@ wisewood's wisedom.

All of a sudden my name is popping up all over the place... i done one good deed for the site... and talked some sense a few times and all of a sudden my name is all over the place. :lol:

Chris LR
07-12-02, 10:04 PM
I missed the bit when you talked sense, what did you say?

wisewood
07-12-02, 10:14 PM
loads of stuff mate... read the thing novanutter put up about loving ex and being friends... i talked some good sense :D

MattyWoo
07-12-02, 10:17 PM
I'll agree with that!! that was actually quite sensible there wise!!! your coming very close to 3000 posts, it seems like yesterday when you were at 2000!!!

carltoncrazy
07-12-02, 10:18 PM
the only time wisewood ever b popular in his life is now,
simple fings plez simple minds.
messing.

wisewood
07-12-02, 10:23 PM
that's one reaon i posted my 2000th as a post on it's own so i can see how long it has taken me to get another milestone... i bet it aint that long either you know. :lol:

carltoncrazy
07-12-02, 10:36 PM
wisewood m8,
i can only dreem of the heights you`ve reach,
posting nearly 3000 post....................thats..................... ...................how can i put this.......................................totoly. ...............................SAD
STOP SLACKING AND WORK!

Phil_G
07-12-02, 10:55 PM
lol @carltoncrazy..

well said mate!

Phil

wisewood
07-12-02, 10:56 PM
it was October 4th 2002 when i posted number 2000 - just checked to save anyone the bother. So this is number 997 since then...

It may be sad - but this site is as fullfilling as any i have found... the sense of community is what keeps us all here... I tend to say quite a lot... is that really sad :?: :D

Jim
08-12-02, 10:29 AM
I have little spare time as it is...

LMFAO, Hmmm

/me looks at Wisewoods 3000+ posts, LOL

but anyway. As Micky says. This isn't the PNG. Look at what has happened to the PNG. They still have a few members who wil pay the subscription fee to the Corsa magazine, I mean PNG magazine. I paid towards the PNG last year and it's the last year I will be paying towards it.

If Kev was to post a message saying "who wants to send money towards the running of Novaload" I will gladly contribute. You can't put a price on this site and even though 4000+ members are registered theres only a small percentage of those that actually come on the site (perhaps Kev could clear out the accounts that haven't been used for 6 months?).

Theres been suggestions like this before and nothings really come of it because to start an on-line store or a more commited type of membership requires time and effort. To be fair Kev and everyone who come on this site probably have other commitments and to ask someone or a group of people to run something as large as this whilst working during the day would be a massive task. Also, personnaly I don't know if I could trust someone that hasn't been an admin of the site for some time to run such a programme.

Nice idea in theory and I can understand why the post has been been started, but in practice it will be alot harder than you think.

Jim

wisewood
08-12-02, 02:40 PM
I have little spare time as it is...

LMFAO, Hmmm

/me looks at Wisewoods 3000+ posts, LOL

Full time job... full time on novaload and doing web design in my spare time... not suprising i have little free time is it :lol:

but yeah... you are right about non admin being difficult to trust with something so big.

ade
09-12-02, 12:52 AM
I'd pay if it came to it - like everyone says though prob wouldnt work - youd have peeps asking for summut in return like key fobs, stickers discounts etc - then youd be like png. :o

You'd also have those who would want to see "the books" besides mr tax man!

You'd only get a hard core number of peeps paying mind.

too much hastle but like I said if it came to it I'd pay

Would that be one off or yearly? (apologies if thats been answered already)
ade
:D

baha_guy
09-12-02, 01:25 AM
:arrow: would that be ?15 a year why not make it 10 pounds. well i think its best the way it is. Just have a online shop to make money. if u have to many members take the one of that have not been on for a very very long time to. make room for new people.

d0gz_bollox
09-12-02, 01:08 PM
will they sell Novaload tshirts?

d0gz awaits the will RB sell tshirts with popups comments

wisewood
09-12-02, 05:05 PM
lmfao@micky.
spose we should all do that then.

his conkers would be worn out if everyone did though...

wisewood
09-12-02, 05:16 PM
wasn't intended to be - but it does have that effect - i was trying to show how i have converted to the dark side of fishism :lol:

Alex
09-12-02, 05:57 PM
you look more like the gatekeeper from that Atmosphere game.

ROLL THE DICE MAGGOT

wisewood
09-12-02, 06:05 PM
lmfao - thanks mate... all wrinkled and old. :lol:

?Marty?
09-12-02, 10:55 PM
trainspotter

ade
13-12-02, 12:02 AM
I didnt think fishism had a dark side - I though there was no heaven or hell in fishism? Or is there?

I like the idea of t-shirts...

You'd make a fortune out of using Micky's quotes!

:lol:

?Marty?
13-12-02, 12:07 AM
I'll have a 'Beware, snakes with tits', 'get on your honkers and play with my conkers' or 'Hedgehog sanctuary', with a picture of Mickys Hedgehogs on mine.

wisewood
13-12-02, 11:12 AM
I didnt think fishism had a dark side - I though there was no heaven or hell in fishism? Or is there?

I wont drone on abou this, because i am supopsed to keep it within the comfort of the muppet corner... but ade...

Fishism recognises no sins... no heaven and no hell... but everything has a dark side... you go and kill someone, fishism sees it as acceptable, because it belongs to the dark side of fishism... not evil... just hte dark side :D

www.churchoftuna.co.uk has been purchased and hopefully will launch in January...

PS.
Watch out for the teachings of tuna...
The old testament is history...
Bring on the new testament, with much more exciting dynamic content, just like that other book - what's it called again.. oh yeah... the bible. :lol:

locky
14-12-02, 10:47 PM
lol @ martys quotes, if poss, i'd like my sig on my t-shirt, i find it amusing/the truth!