PDA

View Full Version : Novaload down time

wisewood
04-12-02, 06:12 PM
Three cheers to Kev, our fearless leader for getting the site back up and running in a record breaking 8 minutes, after walking into his house after work :D

hip hip... HOORAY!!!
hip hip... HOORAY!!!
hip hip... HOORAY!!!

nice one Kev. You're a star!!!

kevw
04-12-02, 06:16 PM
lol cheers m8,

stoopid power cut, we need a UPS!!!!!!

cheers for doing that splash page aswell!!!! been soooo busy in work lately...

wisewood
04-12-02, 06:21 PM
No problem mate. Happy to help... makes me feel important :lol:

If you have a problem, and nobody else can help - and you can find him - maybe you can hire - the WISEWOOD. :lol:

finding me aint hard - you got my email address and mobile number... and probably my office phone number on the bottom of an email or three... :D so if you want anything doing in future... ask. Can always find time, especially if novaload is down :D

locky
04-12-02, 06:30 PM
Wisewood-THE 24/365 Novaload technician!

wisewood
04-12-02, 06:38 PM
Novaload takes up a big chunk of my day at work so if it is missing - i get bored really quick... so - if i can help to try and get it working again - I will do. :wink:

and before anyone says this aint waht this message said a few mintes ago - thats coz it made no sense before :lol:

locky
04-12-02, 06:49 PM
Nice 1! If i could help i would! after all, its spose to b a community!

?Marty?
04-12-02, 06:51 PM
I'll provide the tea and biscuits then.

Or one of the fine ladies i'm pimpin'.

kevw
04-12-02, 06:59 PM
speaking of ladies, we need some fine lookers to wear skimpy novaload-branded clothing for next years shows, any takers? lol

Cheers Wise, I'll keep it in mind :D

wisewood
04-12-02, 07:00 PM
I've heard Sheep DIp runs a child minding service if anyone needs it... :lol:

not sure it's goverment approved though. His methods may not be smiled upon by all :D sorry Neil, only jokin'.

kevw
04-12-02, 07:04 PM
lol :mrgreen:

wisewood
04-12-02, 07:10 PM
speaking of ladies, we need some fine lookers to wear skimpy novaload-branded clothing for next years shows, any takers? lol

Kev - if you can't find anyone I'll have a full body wax and stick a bikini on if you want... :lol: would certainly get us noticed :D Stand out from the crowd more that just some blonde in a bikini too... lmao.

locky
04-12-02, 07:14 PM
Kev, i can dress up if u want me 2! (private shows are at extra cost :wink: )

locky
04-12-02, 07:21 PM
Tbh kev, i may now of a coupla lookers if ur interested!

wisewood
04-12-02, 07:27 PM
the tricky part is finding the right look - along with a desire to prance around in skimpy clothing surround by thousands of leering men... the finding attractive ladies is not that difficult really :lol:

kevw
04-12-02, 07:29 PM
well if we end up with too many birds, we'll have to get pics and have a site vote :lol: :lol:

Ive just ordered a UPS, so the powercuts wont stop us anymore :lol:
the cheapest we could get without going to a really crap spec was ?128, at least it'll make things a little more solid...

Rock on novaload...

MattyWoo
04-12-02, 07:33 PM
I've heard Sheep DIp runs a child minding service if anyone needs it... :lol:

not sure it's goverment approved though. His methods may not be smiled upon by all :D

:rofl:

Oh i did laugh for ages when i read that!!!

Woohoo to kev as well!!

wisewood
04-12-02, 07:34 PM
I think we should all send Kev ?1.
that way the UPS will be paid for - after all he has done it for us.

MattyWoo
04-12-02, 07:37 PM
Thats a bit silly tho aint it, all sending ?1 in a little envelope, although i was thinking about money for kev the other day, like collecting when we meet up or when we go to shows next year, like everyone bung in a few quid.

Or we could nab some of them rspca collection tins and pretend its goin to them and get the public to donate as well :wink:

wisewood
04-12-02, 07:45 PM
Thats a bit silly tho aint it, all sending ?1 in a little envelope, although i was thinking about money for kev the other day, like collecting when we meet up or when we go to shows next year, like everyone bung in a few quid.

Or we could nab some of them rspca collection tins and pretend its goin to them and get the public to donate as well :wink:

Anyone who has a nochex account can do that - send a cheque - postal order... two 50p's if you prefer that to a quid. Collecting at meets etc is a good idea... that way the members are funding novaload's next server upgrade etc, but those who don't attend get it for free... would start arguements etc. I don't mind caughing up to keep the site running... but some would. But those who don't mind could more than fund stuff like components breaking down etc.

The RSPCA collection tin idea is good - but also very illegal.
we occasionally ship collection tins from work - they are left in a big box outside my office so i could swipe a few easily without anyone knowing... i just have to adjust an order or two to show thats where they went :lol:

Tilly
04-12-02, 10:05 PM
:+: well done Kev

This Novaload outfit wearing im sure theres plenty of them out there lads get your missus involved

MattyWoo
04-12-02, 10:12 PM
no tilly we thought you would volunteer for it... but obviously not :( lol

locky
04-12-02, 10:15 PM
C'mon Tilly u no u wanna ul have all the novaloaders looking like :o

mikeoxford
04-12-02, 10:20 PM
bugger - shame u never said anything kev - not that you would know

could have sorted you one out just for shipping costs

dont suppose you could send the one back on order?

carltoncrazy
04-12-02, 10:37 PM
yeh gd 4 ya kev,
my part with money,dont b silly.
nah i wuld give a quid if it was 2 help.
gals going round in next 2 fuck all?
now this is why i brought the carlton,
BIGGER BACK SEAT

?Marty?
07-12-02, 02:10 AM
We could buy a decent T-shirt from French Connection, or something, and just get 'Novaload' printed on it somewhere. And give it to our girlfriends to wear, before bringing them to a meet/show.

They probably wouldn't even know what was happening. :lol:
Where as, if you said 'will you wear this t-shirt, with novaload printed accross your jugs. and hot-pants', they might not be so happy to oblidge.