PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 - 2.0 coolant hoses

Nobby
03-01-09, 06:04 PM
Hi all will i need any extra water hose to fit my xe into a 1.2 engine bay? or do they all just connect up? with a bit of fettling?:thumb: :confused:

Rich
03-01-09, 06:33 PM
Its a good idea to have some extras laying around so you can extend. If it comes to it you may have to loop the heater matrix hoses until you can sort some to fit. Also need an extra hose to run from the inlet over to the water bottle (t-peice into existing hose to the coolant bottle)

Top rad to thermostat hose just needs a bit of trimming so that it doesnt kink when put on

Nobby
03-01-09, 07:07 PM
cheers mate il bear that in mind

Adam
03-01-09, 07:14 PM
1.2 bottom hose wont fit the solid xe coolant pipe

The_General_Chancer
04-01-09, 12:02 PM
1.2 bottom hose wont fit the solid xe coolant pipe

I used a 1994 calibra redtop bottom hose from my donor iirc, it fited like a glove. Get yourself to the scrapy and get some spare pipes from anything really try and get some plastic joiners as you can lenghten pipes etc to your needs. Remember that the XE has thicker pipes on the engine than the nova heater matrix but the header tank is the same iirc. I found that nissan micra's/Vw golf's etc were a good source of pipeslol

Rich

Nobby
04-01-09, 02:18 PM
I used a 1994 calibra redtop bottom hose from my donor iirc, it fited like a glove. Get yourself to the scrapy and get some spare pipes from anything really try and get some plastic joiners as you can lenghten pipes etc to your needs. Remember that the XE has thicker pipes on the engine than the nova heater matrix but the header tank is the same iirc. I found that nissan micra's/Vw golf's etc were a good source of pipeslol

Rich

cheers mate ive got all th hoses off my donor calibra plus the Nova 1s so i hope ill be ok lol:thumb:

Paul
04-01-09, 02:27 PM
cheers mate ive got all th hoses off my donor calibra plus the Nova 1s so i hope ill be ok lol:thumb:

In that case you have everything you need.

Plus you need a 10mm T piece.