PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone Park

Philsutton
03-01-09, 03:29 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hklq5saMBlMynv31EbfNSka-SpOwD95COBD00

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hklq5saMBlMynv31EbfNSka-SpOwD95CL4J80

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hklq5saMBlMynv31EbfNSka-SpOwD95F9ESO0

Discuss

Cle
03-01-09, 03:34 PM
Volcano's going to erupt (sp) soon, or it'll cause a landslide like last time.

Lee
03-01-09, 04:00 PM
"There doesn't seem to be anything to be alarmed about," Vallie said

Famous last words lol

Philsutton
03-01-09, 04:29 PM
It would make a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bang though if it does let go lol. That would be good bye to 99% of life on the planet.

Dar
03-01-09, 04:33 PM
If it does blow, it's going to be one hell of a fireworks display!

Philsutton
03-01-09, 04:37 PM
that it will, we will even be able to experience it here in england. Image that your on your computer and the explosion knocks your coffee over onto your keyboard, what a *******.

Cle
03-01-09, 04:40 PM
I didnt know this was such an issue. I thought it was just another volcano but im guessing if it blows it'll be felt all over the world ??

Dar
03-01-09, 04:41 PM
that it will, we will even be able to experience it here in england. Image that your on your computer and the explosion knocks your coffee over onto your keyboard, what a *******.
I know, that would really piss me off!
A little taster of what might happen (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7057290035617154143)

Lee
03-01-09, 04:43 PM
I didnt know this was such an issue. I thought it was just another volcano but im guessing if it blows it'll be felt all over the world ??
The yelowstone volcano is considered to be the second biggest threat to life on earth, second only to a biological epidemic!

It wouldnt wipe us out like a meteor hit did the dinosaurs, but they rekon there wouldnt be many of us left after a few years after an epic eruption. The chance of the yellowstone volcano going epic isnt that high though, but a megaruption should grind most of the US to a halt :) :)

Cle
03-01-09, 04:46 PM
The yelowstone volcano is considered to be the second biggest threat to life on earth, second only to a biological epidemic!

It wouldnt wipe us out like a meteor hit did the dinosaurs, but they rekon there wouldnt be many of us left after a few years after an epic eruption.
:eek: oh dear..............Hope nothing happens..

Jack
03-01-09, 04:49 PM
but a megaruption should grind most of the US to a halt :) :)
Left to his own devices, I'm sure Bush could manage that himself

FUSION X16XE
03-01-09, 04:53 PM
Its not the initial eruption that will affect us tho is it? I remember reading some were about how it starts a cycle of darkness and therefore causes life to die and suffocate? Could be wrong but hey hoe lol

Lee
03-01-09, 04:55 PM
Its not the initial eruption that will affect us tho is it? I remember reading some were about how it starts a cycle of darkness and therefore causes life to die and suffocate? Could be wrong but hey hoe lol

Persactly :)

Martin
03-01-09, 04:56 PM
i dont get it..

Cle
03-01-09, 04:57 PM
It'll effect crops and stuff so we'll lose food and essential living stuff.

Martin
03-01-09, 05:00 PM
i can live of protien shakes, and i gots about 4stone in fat to last me a year or 2 Lol

Philsutton
03-01-09, 05:20 PM

It wouldnt wipe us out like a meteor hit did the dinosaurs, but they rekon there wouldnt be many of us left after a few years after an epic eruption. The chance of the yellowstone volcano going epic isnt that high though, but a megaruption should grind most of the US to a halt :) :)

the explosion itself would kill most americans straight off, but the after effects would be the same as a meteor or worse due to the sulphur gas an ash that would be put into the atmosphere. That would mean a epic ice age. Only a hand full would live through (tbh that might help the species as a whole in the long run, take out most of tards).

Also a supervolcano is worst case, it could also be a normal eruption in volcano terms, a change in some of the steam vent things or it all settles down for more years. Whether the pressure is released violently or gradually the fact still remains that alot of unsual activity has happended over the last few days and that the whole of the park is rising up suggesting some excess pressure building.

L14MNP
03-01-09, 05:24 PM
There's a CGI documentary on Nat Geo on occasion showing what would happen if lol

mowgli
03-01-09, 05:36 PM
Ah well, I bet the 'there's a huge asteroid coming' crowd will be livid. & the 'canary island tsunami' lot are probably getting the crowbars out to beat it.
basically we have about 40 years of science trying to work out what 5 billion years of planet will do...

if it happens, I suggest that we might as well party cos we won't be able to do much else.

FUSION X16XE
03-01-09, 05:43 PM
PNG shelter needed for the members and cars

ash anderson
03-01-09, 06:58 PM
PNG shelter needed for the members and cars

Hah:thumb: I agree

Also posting on iPod which is fun :tard: quite tricky turning round etc

Lee
04-01-09, 04:38 PM
if it happens, I suggest that we might as well party cos we won't be able to do much else.

Oh totally. In fact, if it is the yellowstone volcano that gets us, Im just glad that Im going to get to see loads of Americans die horribly before I die myself :)

Im straight down a porsche dealers when it hits to steal a GT4 as well. See how much joyriding I can get done before I freeze to death!

Jack
04-01-09, 04:45 PM
Its ok. If we all drive big polluting cars, that will warm the earth up enough to stop us freezing.

Global warming to save the planet!

Actually, I wonder how many terrorists are planning to fly a 747 into the side of a volcano now?

Nova_Sean
04-01-09, 05:02 PM
Actually, I wonder how many terrorists are planning to fly a 747 into the side of a volcano now?

I know i am....:roll: :roll:

mayhem
04-01-09, 05:29 PM
didnt yogie bear live in yellowstone park :O