PDA

View Full Version : the project car+pixs of my other past time,

carltoncrazy
03-12-02, 10:21 PM
right,
i dont lose battles,I AINT BEING BEATEN BY RUST!!!!.so the nova getting rebuilt,heres the pixs taken of it 2day,il get the rest of the roof lining out 2moz,the head feul tank etc,it needs a new boot,new rear cross member,new slam panel and bootm member,im not reshelling.....coz it wont b d77xpt and the numbers ownt match,so it wont feel like my car(werid i no),end of the day,how often do ya fine 1)a SR in this colour2) an oringal SR(ive got the air box).so im gonna make it look mint.
dont think it will be rooad legal for a couple of years if im honest.
any howz heres the link http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=190
and heres the 30quid run about,ive decided to make it look like a lotus,i can always dreem of that 178 mph beast but the gl will have to do.
i am kinda getting used to the luxury of the carlton now.
heres the link for that http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=383
any comments plz,dont betwats tho,i can put up with funny comments,but the end of the day,there my cars.and just to have a MINT sr........dunno its a feel gd fing

MattyWoo
03-12-02, 10:37 PM
the pics of the nova didnt work mate, it linked to the carlton page as well.
Would be quite interested to see them!!

ade
04-12-02, 07:22 PM
Ian m8! rust is easy - to slow down!

:D

Most of the car looks ok - boot can be welded - couple of plates here n there - lots of grey stripe sealer and bobs yer aunties live in lover! SORTED!

Yer head lamp housings look ok - I had non but a thin rusted strip! Had to rebuild totally in fibreglass and metal mesh - solid as fcuk now!

good respray smooth the kinks and your there!

Keep the faith my friend you will come good!

Ade
:wink:

Matt Finary
04-12-02, 08:29 PM
Your nova isn't that bad, with a bit of work it will be ok.

Matt :)

carltoncrazy
04-12-02, 09:50 PM
yeh,took cyclinder head off,feul tank,cailpers and other stuff 2day.
il get more pixs 4 u lot

locky
04-12-02, 10:34 PM
U'l av it sorted in no time m8, good luck with the project! as u already no, wer all ere 2 help!
Goodluck!

carltoncrazy
04-12-02, 10:44 PM
anther pleasure of it is,
the ppl that take the piss outta it,
saying its shit etc,
just to show it off being better than theres
:lol:

dan16v
07-12-02, 02:56 PM
are you sure your not creating more hassle? its so easy to re shell myne was only ?200 k plate mint, aswell you can cover up rust with fibre glass filler etc but its always gonna be there i had this prob with the gte

carltoncrazy
07-12-02, 04:47 PM
i know wotya getting at
the car has alot of memorys for me,some good some bad,and if it change from d77xpt,it wouldnt be my car,
if i re-shelled it,then the numbers aint going to match,and well it wuldnt feel like my car
if im only slowing rust down,then so be it,but it makes me happy for a few years,
and at the end of the day i hardly drive it,since i got the carlton(nicer inside),
2 ppl know why,basical the car belong to my girlfriend,who died.and i alway promised i fix it for her,i dont think i could ever drive it,so it prolbey will never see rain again.

dan16v
07-12-02, 05:22 PM
good enuff reason then m8 sorry bout ur gf :(

carltoncrazy
07-12-02, 09:36 PM
dont worry about it,
things happen.
bad things
like speeding after long traffic jams :lol: