PDA

View Full Version : roller barrel throttle bodies?

dan16v
03-12-02, 09:16 PM
as most people know now from my posts im definatly getting throttle bodies next month straight after xmas yesterday i was 100% getting the sbd tp208 kit but now :roll: demon tweeks send me their 03 motorsport with a lovely set of lumenition roller barrel throttle bodies :o now what do you think about these ive been led to believe these are touring car spec?
just like you veiws plz :wink:

Stuart
04-12-02, 12:18 AM
roller barrels eliminate the "flutter" that is caused by the throttle butterfly.

even with a knifeedged butterfly there is still a minor disruption in the airflow, so the rollers cure this by not having a butterfly.

also they look very trick ;) although they cant be that hard my mate designed one for a formula student last year, and hes also designing a set of 6 using a drin pipe, must on to him how to design them lol

so yeah they are good, not too common as yet and well worth a go imo.

dan16v
04-12-02, 09:18 PM
they are very nice looking the only real prob is that lumenition cant give me any bhp figures usual rubbish bout depends on engine spec and fitter etc! surly they can deliver just as much as a tapered throttle bodie? :wink:

CP
06-12-02, 11:17 PM
Well for what its worth I've been told that the cheaper end of the job don't produce any extra and aren't good VFM. Swindon developments have done them but they cost ?000's - all in all probably more cost effective to stick to std ones. If there was a big advantage cheap enough most peeps would be using them?