PDA

View Full Version : oh ho!!!

twistysnovagte
02-01-09, 04:20 PM
well after treating my car to new vauxhall battery,i cam across this
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/twist6151/DSCF1243.jpg?t=1230913032
ive also noticed now that when there a good amount of rain falling/or washing the car, that ive been getting water in through the footwell!!!could someone please point me in the right direction to slove this problem???and what is required as ive been told the full dash has to come out before any welding can be done ,is there away around this??? as i havent a clue how to be removing dash's etc, but have mate who will weld this up,can it just be plated or is there a part to weld in etc??? :confused:

BIGS
02-01-09, 04:22 PM
A new battery tray panel, weld it in paint it jobs a goodun

Andy
02-01-09, 04:26 PM
Mk1 dashes take 15 mins to take out mate.It really is easy.You could patch that up but as your gte looks mint elsewhere i would personally get a battery tray.£20 from beevers iirc Quite tricky to cut old one out mind.

Adam
02-01-09, 04:27 PM
Cut it out, plate over

twistysnovagte
02-01-09, 04:27 PM
A new battery tray panel, weld it in paint it jobs a goodunso no removal of the dash etc???
has the tray thats in got to be cut out etc???
and where would i get a battery tray from thanks???

BIGS
02-01-09, 04:31 PM
When i had mine done they didnt take the dash out, but then i didnt care i just wanted it done cheep. so probley best to take yours out

Graeme
02-01-09, 04:39 PM
As above call Beevers for the replacement battery tray and I'm sure it free postage to PNG members. I sure someone will correct me or confirm the postage thing

tom reid
02-01-09, 05:50 PM
You don't need to take the dash out, but you should remove all the sound deadening from under the battery tray, under the bulkhead, if you know what i mean?, make sure your welder chap has an air line with a blow nozzle on it, you watch for flames and blow them out as he's welding.
Job done

craig green
02-01-09, 05:55 PM
Dougie just put a new battery tray on his Nova in the current issue of TV.

Guide is in there.

MattBrown
02-01-09, 07:04 PM
Just do what i did, wire brush, make a thin plate and pop rivet it on, make sure there loads of silicon or gripfill on the base of the plate to seal it up, paint or just leave it!

Matt

Graeme
02-01-09, 07:10 PM
/\/\ Bodge of the year award territory /\/\

Spudly
02-01-09, 07:18 PM
And if youre having welding done in that area you might not NEED to remove the dash but for the want of being cautious i would do it, better that than to see your loom catch fire behind the dash and see you beloved GTE go up in flames as noone spotted the fire as the dash was hiding it!

mowgli
02-01-09, 10:47 PM
put some dampened rags in behind the dash & weld the patch in. once repaired & repainted, get a genuine plastic battery tray insert piece.

MyNovaSr
03-01-09, 09:13 AM
ive had one of my novas battery tray welded before without taking the dash out, just take your time.