PDA

View Full Version : top gear down under

mowgli
01-01-09, 05:00 PM
I met up with a lovely expat brit today who was back in the country from oz for a week.
she tells me that there is actually an Australian version of Top Gear...... with Aussie presenters... I youtubed it.....:( :( :(

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hkdWXL1ekwc

I think it is a sack of cack

you decide..............................

dj_wudgey
01-01-09, 05:05 PM
i think its poo myslef mate without jezza its not as good lol

mowgli
01-01-09, 05:06 PM
I've been hunting about & it appears that they asked people to send in audition tapes to try & get a job on it.......

FUSION X16XE
01-01-09, 05:26 PM
Didnt Clarkeson, Hammond and May race against them or something? On second thought were they German?

Dar
01-01-09, 06:36 PM
Yup they raced Ze Germans. Loved it. The ozzy one is poop though.

Benn
01-01-09, 07:37 PM
Seams very much to same to be. Bar the host knows something about cars.
Drifting the vxr8 looked good to.

Sounds frigging out by miles tho here..

Jack
01-01-09, 08:30 PM
There was a brilliant article on Pistonheads about this a while back. The pic they chose to go with the blurb, when enlarged had the PH banner over one of the guy's faces. Cue mass of comments about how he must be a kiddy fiddler or something lol

mowgli
01-01-09, 08:33 PM
There was a brilliant article on Pistonheads about this a while back. The pic they chose to go with the blurb, when enlarged had the PH banner over one of the guy's faces. Cue mass of comments about how he must be a kiddy fiddler or something lol

must be the ozzie James May then............His name is Frank Evans, you know as in the song:-

'Frank Evans For Little Girls' TAXI!!!!!!!

Prey
01-01-09, 09:06 PM
They seem to be tryin to be uk top gear a bit too hard - the show got slated by the car companies (gm iirc) after they smashed a load of cars up playing bowling... no idea where they might have got ideas like that.....

Emmy
02-01-09, 12:18 AM
Clarkeson and Hammond are much better at Top Gear they know what they are talking about and make it fun at the same time :thumb:

burgo
02-01-09, 10:18 AM
that is quite shocking how they have just tried to copy it

Ernie
02-01-09, 10:24 AM
Mogli you are just pure eval as you have now ruined what use to be the highlight of my week and now this has just spoilt it lol.