PDA

View Full Version : GTE 1.6 8v - Need help with throttle bodies!!!!!!!!!!

heggem
03-12-02, 02:33 PM
I am 17, and have a gte standard 8 valve, and i want to add quad throttle bodies, but all the prices are way to high, im a pot wash for god sake, i need to know were i can get cheap throttle bodies, my brother-in-law is a vauxhall machanic, so he can fit them!!

HELP PLEASE

MARC

PaulCartwright
04-12-02, 04:58 AM
i don't think there's such a thing as cheap TB's. What about twin 40/45's which can be picked up for about ?350 S/H

heggem
04-12-02, 12:01 PM
cheers dude, but what type of power increase do twin 45's add compared to TBs?? and roughly how much will quad TBs set me back :cry: ??

MARC

CP
06-12-02, 11:30 PM
TB's on a 1.6 8v is an expensive way to go for the horsepower that you will achieve. I think TBH m8 you are falling into the trap of thinking that for a couple of hundred notes you can bolt summink on and hey presto you've got 30hp more or wotever. It doesn't work that easily - the interactions between added and existing components are more subtle and complex. Once you start adding one thing you will find you need to adjust or add something else to make it work properly. Soon you are are spending over a ?1000 and so it goes on.

I personally think the first and best major mod to do to the 1.6 is to get the head re-worked with larger valves. Costs about ?500 and will give better driving performance than adding twin 40's or TB's. If at a later date you decide to go for twin 40's etc you will already have the basis for getting really good gains from them.