PDA

View Full Version : Heater Problems

Nova_Sean
31-12-08, 01:41 PM
My heater only works on full blast, and advice or whats wrong?

napalm_27
31-12-08, 01:44 PM
mine doesnt work at all no more its cold lol
may just be the motor etc infront of the bulkhead

John
31-12-08, 01:46 PM
sounds like either the fan switch itself, or the resistor on the motor has packed up. i suspect the latter, in which case just bang in a good second hand unit. It's easily accessable, as it's in under the scuttle panel.

Nova_Sean
31-12-08, 01:49 PM
As in a whole heating unit?

Where can i find one of those bad boys? and what price are we talking?

John
31-12-08, 02:00 PM
yeah thats the badger, as far as i can remeber the resistor is soldered to the unit, Try posting a wanted ad on here, I'd say no more than 10-15 quid posted.

mowgli
31-12-08, 02:14 PM
go to the dealer & ask for a heater resistor for a nova. if they don't list one then ask for an astra one......

lets see.... airlocked cooling system......blown head gasket.......knackered thermostat...........blocked cooling system pipes or matrix... broken selector cable

none of them are electrical

Jack
31-12-08, 02:37 PM
Its possible to replace the resistor, we did on mine, but tbh you may as well just swap the heater fan over with a new unit. Only reason we didn't swap the whole one over on mine was due to the spare being caked in sh!te lol

brainsnova
31-12-08, 02:47 PM

your motor might just be sticking. try lifting the scuttle panel and spin it by hand a few times then try the switch.

John
31-12-08, 02:48 PM
your motor might just be sticking. try lifting the scuttle panel and spin it by hand a few times then try the switch.

how? it works on speed 3 :tard:

John
31-12-08, 02:50 PM
go to the dealer & ask for a heater resistor for a nova. if they don't list one then ask for an astra one......

lets see.... airlocked cooling system......blown head gasket.......knackered thermostat...........blocked cooling system pipes or matrix... broken selector cable

aren't the astra ones different?

Nova_Sean
31-12-08, 03:21 PM
It also makes a noise when its on stage 3, like a whirling sort of noise

brainsnova
31-12-08, 03:26 PM
how? it works on speed 3 :tard:

i was talking about napalms27's one :thumb:

mowgli
31-12-08, 04:30 PM
aren't the astra ones different?

the fans might be different, but I have changed 3 speed resistors on astra vans & tey aren't too bad a job. electrically the resistor does the same job on either, but when I have had parts troubles when looking up nova stuff, I find that astra stuff is usually easier to sort out..

novaxe235
01-01-09, 11:22 AM
i had the same problem on one of my old novas it was the switch id try to get both if u go to a scrappy then u cant lose :thumb:

napalm_27
01-01-09, 11:30 AM

think youve got a bit miss lead there its the fan that stop working not that the heat isnt coming thru

DW-Nova
08-01-09, 09:11 PM
get this sorted in the end ? i would say 99.9% that it's just a new resistor needed by the sounds of it, as far as i'm aware this is the same as an Astra MK3, we allways sell them at work, common problem.

Nova_Sean
08-01-09, 10:38 PM
Not yet.

Ive found out it only makes a noise when i go around a corner but still only works on '3', sprayed WD40 into the fan underneath bonnet...

Made the car smell nice.... :wtf: :cry: