PDA

View Full Version : nova 2ltr 8v help??

novajulz
30-12-08, 04:19 PM
hi iv recently had this cav sri engine fitted the car run for a week but the crank sensor had gone so had a new one fitted and the car has not started since!
iv had a few people have a look at the car and no one can work out why it wont run the car is firing but wont turn over anyone got any suggestions or is there someone who could come and have a look at it for me much appreciated thanx oh and im in south wales :thumb:

chimp007_uk
30-12-08, 04:55 PM
i had a similar problem with my c20seh... stoppped one day never to run again, has compression and fuel and spark...

if you find out anything let me know...

gordo
30-12-08, 05:41 PM
i had a similar proplem with my 1.8sri nova. but if i jacked it up on one corner it would start. it was a bad earth problem. so i would check all that out.

*Dave*
30-12-08, 05:45 PM
iirc the crank sensor earths to the block, if the surface isnt clean where it bolts on this may cause a problem.

Andy
30-12-08, 06:30 PM
the car is firing but wont turn over
How can it fire without turning over??

novajulz
30-12-08, 07:48 PM
well it turns extremly slow tho

dougie_boi
30-12-08, 08:53 PM
as sri dave says sounds like an earthing fualt which could also explian the starter tunrning the engine over slowly. check the strap from battery to firewall and the one on the gearbox to chassis leg. also check the fuel relay as if its not working it will have fuel at injectors but the wont openhense it will turnover but wont fire. thumb

_JH_
30-12-08, 09:05 PM
where abouts are you?

novajulz
30-12-08, 11:52 PM
ok thanx for the help will try all those things tommorow fingers crossed lol

Paul
31-12-08, 12:47 AM
make sure the crank pos. sensor is pushed in far enough to the block, and bolted in tightly. sounds stupid, but ive done it before, where ive fitted a new c.p.s. and not pushed it far enough into the block and fecker wouldnt fire.

VXandy
31-12-08, 01:25 AM
I had the same problem with my c20xe in my nova, it turned over very slow but wouldn't fire, that was due to a bad earth, i jiggled the earth about whilst someone started it and it fired first time:D im not sure if you do have the same earth on the chassis leg on the 2.0 8v engine, but try giving that a go (it worked for me) and clean up the earths too while your there! Let me know how you get on:cool:

Hope this helps,

Andy :thumb:

VXandy
01-01-09, 04:07 PM
Any joy matey?

_JH_
01-01-09, 07:40 PM
got your PM, I'm in Pembs so too far away sorry.