PDA

View Full Version : straight through exhausts

Mac_Nova_SR
02-12-02, 04:37 PM
im thinking of putting a straight through silencer on 2 my 1.4sr. i think this is illegal though. anyone know the exact details regarding the law? anyone got one of these? how do they sound?

Chris LR
02-12-02, 04:41 PM
From what i've heard

Good Sound
Bad Fines

dan16v
02-12-02, 04:44 PM
straight through yuk! will sound well raspy!! and youd probably lose power due to lack of back pressure :cry:

Chris LR
02-12-02, 04:53 PM
I persoanaly like the standard SR sound.

Jimmeh
02-12-02, 05:06 PM
hmm a bit of advice:

1, Make sure that ur pipe is secured correctly, cause mine went so damn hot at the manifold that it melted through the join and fell onto the floor dragging along behind me.

2. It can be just as good to remove 1 silencer (if u have 2_ and take sum baffles out of the other 1, it can sound just as good!

Mac_Nova_SR
02-12-02, 05:14 PM
yeah i was thinking about removing the back silencer....or getting a different one. bcoz the on ei have is a strange angle and wont fit the new bumper im getting.

Ok, this is gonna sound really stupid (im only an amateur) if i was to remove the back silencer and just replace it with piping would that be ok? the reason im asking is coz ive seen straight through silencers which are surely the same thing arent they?

Ric 16v
02-12-02, 05:48 PM
my exhaust is straight through, except for the small silencer at the front of the centre section and the back box and it is pretty loud, but it's all comming off soon to make way for a full system scorpion !!!! :D :D :D

Phil_G
03-12-02, 01:17 AM
Hi,

you want noise?

try a midified Chevy big block V8 running a stright thru zorst...

My mate has this set up on his camaro and when he took me out in it the noise was amazing..

I want!!!! LOL!!!

Phil