PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard speakers!!!HELP!!!!

Anonymous
13-11-00, 12:43 PM
I need someone to tell me how you put a speaker into the drivers side part of the dashboard, replacing the standard ones.
I was told to take it up past the fuse box, but someone else said take the whole dash out! Is there an easier way!?
I've got the passenger side one in fine, just not the drivers side one.
Help appreciated, thanx in advance!
Cris.

Anonymous
13-11-00, 12:47 PM
I think you have to take the sunvisor off of the dash and the dash unit pops forward, you should be able to reach it through where the dash face used to be. If I were you I would just chop the wires and put some speakers in the doors its easier and you can get bigger ones in the doors. Cheers Damian.

Anonymous
13-11-00, 12:56 PM
You will need to take the dash out, or at least unbolt it and move it a bit.

Anonymous
13-11-00, 06:25 PM
Get a haynes manual, follow the guide to remove/loosen the dash - no other easier way m8 - sorry. It will take you about 1hr all told if you good with a screw driver and spanners.

Good Luck

Anonymous
13-11-00, 06:36 PM
I was chattin to a bloke at the local car audio shop and he said tere`s no point upgrading the dash speakers because their in a shit place, go for a door install, a good pair of mids and remote tweeters.

Anonymous
13-11-00, 10:41 PM
stick to a pair of 10cm mids in the doors panels,sound much better and look the part, thats what ive done and it sounds alot better tahn my mates 1 3sr

Anonymous
13-11-00, 11:37 PM
ok if you realy want to put new speakers in there you have to do what i did and take the drivers seat out lie down on the floor and look up at where the speaker should be. first you will find the fuse box is in the way so unscrew that, then you will find there is an airvent pipe in the way so prise it off with your hand its prity stiff but u can get it off then you can reach the old screws (there is only 2)and it should be prity easy from there, just make shure you put the wires on securly before you pit the whole thing back together.(this is for a mk1 by the way, for a mk2 you just have to pull the grill off the speaker).

Anonymous
13-11-00, 11:57 PM
by the way lissen to keith the origonal speakers are tiny and the dash cant hold them stable enough so just get a set of 6in door builds they will sound a shit load better. as they say you cant polish a turd so dont bother your arse putting the speakers in the dash just get some components and pods.

Anonymous
15-11-00, 06:05 PM
JUST GET DOOR BUILDS!!