PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Sony Ericsson C902?

Lynsey
28-12-08, 06:03 PM
I'm desperate for a new phone now and really like the C902. What do you think to it? What are the common faults/ complaints? Cheers :thumb:

Welsh Dan
28-12-08, 06:21 PM
I have one, I like it. Only gripe is that the slide out section that holds the camera gathers dust, other than that its fine. If you get one on an Orange contract you get a 7 day change your mind period.

Rich
28-12-08, 06:31 PM
Ive got one, ill pay you to take it away!! lol

Its the worst phone ive ever had, when i lost my phone (before getting the c902) i was using a nokia 8210, it was a better phone.

It constantly freezes, never holds reception. Randomly lose all hearing through it, people on the other end can hear me calling it names lol. Its very slow, when texting you have to stop and let it catch up, it messes up your texting if you dont look at the screen because the letters get so delayed.

Ive asked a few people i know have said the same thing, i should really take it back and see if they will give me another one.

Apart from these problems its not too bad, the camera is pretty good although theres now better camera phones out there.

Lynsey
28-12-08, 07:01 PM
Cheers- These are the things they DON'T tell you on the website lol

I want something with a decent (3mp+) camera, not too fussed about music. Any other ideas?

SRimon
28-12-08, 07:15 PM
Rubbish, sold ours a week after it came through the door.

Adam
28-12-08, 07:18 PM
Ive got a samsung g600(iirc), 5mp camera. Works well

Martin
28-12-08, 07:21 PM
i jsut got a tmobile G1, Mint phone 3mp cam. 2 mates have got c9 and both took it back lol worst SE made to date i think

Riggy
28-12-08, 11:54 PM
ive just got the lg renoir , really impressed with it , 8mp camera is ace , and the phone is very smart in everyway possible ,

welcome to have a nosey at it if you want :thumb:

brainsnova
29-12-08, 02:21 AM
sony k800i :thumb: no probs with it. you can upgrade the camera with a program that changes your menus etc.

CoolTiger
29-12-08, 02:59 AM
got the k850i cybershot

awesome phone great pics aswell

SRimon
29-12-08, 10:15 AM
As for new phones, i got the Nokia N85 - excellent.

Saloony
29-12-08, 10:35 AM
I have a C902, 5meg cam on mine. I love it, with work nothing seems to last, Nokia N series have seem to have gotten poorly made and these things are quite tough old phone. I recommend it.

Breeny
29-12-08, 11:13 AM
I've always been a fan of SE but both the C902 and 905 have got pants reviews.

I have a Blackberry Storm, but gonna change it soon as I can't get on with a touch screen!

Helpful site - http://www.gsmarena.com/

Lynsey
29-12-08, 07:51 PM
Cheers guys. I'm reading loads of online reviews, still unsure about it. My phone is seriously dying a death now, going to have to make a decision and act on it soooon.

MK999
29-12-08, 07:57 PM
I find with the online reviews it's best just to believe the ones that display common sense, my last phone the w850i had loads of negative reviews saying the keylock was pants and it kept spending £20 a month browsing sites in your pocket etc, was one review that said if you put it in your pocket the other way up the phone doesn't slide apart as you do it and you'll never have a problem, and i think he threw in something along the lines of "retards.." too lol. Never had an issue with it until it was on it's last legs and the usual sony ericsson issues came up (data port/battery connections go bad and the click in charger etc refuse to stay on, seems to be fixed on the newer ones though).

Jim
31-12-08, 11:22 AM
I've got the C902. The phone is fine and it's a very nice design. Unfortunately I don't get any decent reception in my house with the handset; it's fine everywhere else, just my house for some reason. (I'm on T-mobile) I changed the handset for another C902 and had the same problem. However, this handset has a terribly slow camera and the touchscreen element isn't on it for some reason. Apparently I need to send the handset away for an update that will cure these problems. This is annoying, but because I like the look and feel of the handset compared to my old K800i I will probably send it away.

I wouldn't say it's a bad phone, nor would I say it's the best out there, but I still like it :wtf:

Welsh Dan
31-12-08, 12:30 PM
I didn't even know it had a touchscreen element lol.

phazer
31-12-08, 03:23 PM
I've got the C902. The phone is fine and it's a very nice design. Unfortunately I don't get any decent reception in my house with the handset; it's fine everywhere else, just my house for some reason. (I'm on T-mobile) I changed the handset for another C902 and had the same problem. However, this handset has a terribly slow camera and the touchscreen element isn't on it for some reason. Apparently I need to send the handset away for an update that will cure these problems. This is annoying, but because I like the look and feel of the handset compared to my old K800i I will probably send it away.

I wouldn't say it's a bad phone, nor would I say it's the best out there, but I still like it :wtf:

You can update it yourself for free. If you go here: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/c902 and click on 'via your computer with the Update Service application' under 'Update your phone software'.

You will need to back up everything on your phone though (the Sony PC Suite that came with the phone can do it). The update blanks the phone as if its just come from the factory. Nothing on the memory card is deleted.

I have no issues with mine, had a K800 previously. It's not quite as good as that phone but its a load smaller!

Jim
01-01-09, 04:43 PM
Cheers phazer, might give that a go.

Saloony
01-01-09, 05:17 PM
Well i never knew it was touch screen also... lol Mine works which is nice.

Rich
01-01-09, 05:20 PM
About to update mine hopfully it will work afterwards lol

Might not be so crap !