PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you seen a Nova on the road??

Dec16v
28-12-08, 05:15 PM
Just out of interest...

I've done over 12,000 miles over the past 6 months as part of my job and I can honestly say it's been over 3 months since I've seen a Nova (driving) on the road

It's probably 6 months+ since I've seen a modified Nova cruising the streets.

Go back 4-6 years ago and we were tripping over them, I guess stiffer MOT regulations, the price of fuel, and the affordability of more modern hatchbacks is making the Nova an inefficient means of getting from a-b

Dec

Adam
28-12-08, 05:17 PM
I drive mine daily, and have done about 8-9k this year.
Last time i saw another modded example was a few months ago.

On a 300ish round trip a few months back i cant remember seeing another nova.....

Martin
28-12-08, 05:17 PM
i see a red gsi on the way to work everyday.. and a white gte most days

Rexy
28-12-08, 05:18 PM
i saw one last night in the middle of london, i see a couple floating around daily near and a few in the scrappers lol.

phazer
28-12-08, 05:19 PM
Saw a G plate 2 dr saloon today, looked in good nick. Totally standard, probably someone's grand parents on their annual trip to see the family lol

MyNovaSr
28-12-08, 05:19 PM
If you look for them they are there, otherwise they move about un noticed :wtf: ;)

Mine goes to coventry daily.

Welsh Dan
28-12-08, 05:21 PM
I see some novas every few days. There are one or more of these:

Red GTE
Red GSI
White GSI
White SR
White mk1 with 1-piece front bumper.

bmw156
28-12-08, 05:23 PM
i saw a mk2 burgandy the other day, looked mint, old bid driving, good times, have seen a mk1 saloon also driven by some old biddy, a really bad mk1 red same as mine, i hounestly dont know how it had a MOT, rust in every possible place. and mega faded paint.

modded nova, im unsure, see more corsas about now adays

and mine in a daily runner, good times.

Graeme
28-12-08, 05:24 PM
I see a couple of different standard examples piloted by old dears every now and again, locally to me and then today I was passed by a young chap in a mistral grey gsi on black rims who looked more than happy for me to chase him

Benn
28-12-08, 05:25 PM
I see about 2 a week, but most are 5doors in a right state.
But there is one ultra mint silver K reg gsi that drives around the town i keep seeing.

And mines driven everyday..

Ernie
28-12-08, 05:31 PM
i see 2 today on the way home from ollys today.I will be seeing mine tomorrow when i go and pick it up.

Copers
28-12-08, 05:31 PM
Theres At least 3 in my area which i see everyday

fearless
28-12-08, 05:38 PM
Drove to Spain a few weeks back with the Mrs - Played I Spy a nova - she couldn't understand why I was getting so excited when I spotted a standard Nova - There's certainly a lot more in France/Spain than there are over here - Spotted loads by the side of Barns/Fields (Mainly Mk 1's) - Although she wouldn't let me investigate further (You've too many projects already !!!!)

Dave

Spudly
28-12-08, 05:40 PM
There is an Antibes i see every now and then and a mk2 more door saloon, but other than the gte i walk past every morning to get into the cav i never see any round here anymore when two years back between mine and my mates there were about twenty in daily use, all have now sadly been scrapped or sold out of town.

Having said that, last week on my way to work i pulled out of my street just as a B reg white hatch drove by and turned right as i pulled out behind it and the street it turned into a novavan was pulling out of, i was gobsmacked tbh as you never see two at the same time ever round herelol

*Dave*
28-12-08, 05:41 PM
see about 2 a week but see the same ones most days consisting of about 5.

a really nice k-reg 1.4i(similar to carabic blue) D-reg 2 door sallon(similar to arden blue) burgandy mk2 5door,white 1.0 mk2 and a few miles away lives a SUPER MINT WHITE GSI, looks stunning completely standard wit a 70yr old women driving it. im well jelous.

wilson_sri
28-12-08, 06:30 PM
I voted all the time. Theres a good few novas running about Dunfermline. Maybe about 10 including mine!

stuartyj21
28-12-08, 06:34 PM
i seen 1 today on the motorway, but havent seen 1 for ages before that..

Cle
28-12-08, 06:48 PM
Only nova i ever see is mine. Last time i seen one driving was at the speyside stages back in augest. The only other ones i've seen this year are rally ones and theres two Gsi's in fort william ive seen parked.

MattBrown
28-12-08, 06:53 PM
I see a 1.0 pov spec on my drive every day! Then push my moped past it going to work! January 17th is fast approaching though!

Cant wait!

Saw a mint 12000 miler in college, asked the driver if it was for sale "Its being hammered around then scrapped"

If i venture to Wrexham there several Chavved up novas but no nice ones

Welsh Dan
28-12-08, 06:55 PM
There are a few nice ones in Wrexham aswell ;).

vaughanmc
28-12-08, 08:21 PM
See some now and then but my mate has one and its a daily runner :)

Simon 1867
28-12-08, 10:29 PM
I travel on the m25 to get to work and i can honestly say i have seen 1 nova in the last 3months...more 3wheelers than novas

Plug
28-12-08, 10:41 PM
see a few old dear owned around and while im at work.

a mate has a xe nova and another is putting in a 2.5 v6 atm

Ash
28-12-08, 11:00 PM
- ummm lets just say I forgot what one looks like lol

draper
28-12-08, 11:19 PM
when mines built it will owe approx 5k - and it will get driven like a 100quid banger

Lee
28-12-08, 11:21 PM
I was followed very closely by one today :)

CoolTiger
28-12-08, 11:34 PM
see the same 3 everyweek not all at the same time though 2 gte's and a gsi rep

Riggy
28-12-08, 11:52 PM
quite a few round here aswell , all from this site though so does that count lol ,

see a few std ones doin the rounds aswell

Jack
28-12-08, 11:53 PM
I was followed very closely by one today :)
Technically it wasn't in contact with the road though lol

We did see one go past us on the way up though. 5dr I think. I also saw yours going onto the M4, so the last time I saw a Nova on the road was about 21:55 today lol

Sloth
29-12-08, 01:34 AM
theres about 7 i see mainly 4dr saloons and a novavan in red, which is mint. theres a white sting aswell thats got 30k on it.

sport
29-12-08, 09:33 AM
Theres a white SR totally standard that goes about my town, i see it every now and then.

At one point many many years ago between my friends there was about 9 novas but theve all grown up now and its only me left with one. lol

xe Dan
29-12-08, 11:03 AM
there is about 8 of us in my area in diffrent shapes and forms from 1.2s lowered with wheels to mint gsis to my green red top beast

AlexW
29-12-08, 11:12 AM
I see a 4door mk1 blue rotbox around town somtimes, driven by a old grandad lol

apart from that i dont see many, one of my mates has two but apart from that even tho i drive a lot i dont see many, in most of my road trips around london/essex/kent/harts ive barly seen any.
I remember even just a couple of years ago there was a load of them in this town, then it seemed as soon as i got my clio everyone sold/scraped them :(

Spudly
29-12-08, 11:17 AM
theres about 7 i see mainly 4dr saloons and a novavan in red, which is mint. theres a white sting aswell thats got 30k on it.

I know of the white sting as ive been hunting it for months with no luck but ive not seen any others unless theyre in your head lol

Nova_Tek
29-12-08, 02:40 PM
As I voted really, see a few a month mainly the same ones though as I drive the same routes most of the time.

Theres one mint grey 1.3 I see, a purple 5 door modified and my own one lol.

Maybe there is less and less of them on the road but at least it make our cars more rare and something for other motorists and pedestirans to look at (when they are modified or restored properly).

brainsnova
29-12-08, 02:42 PM
i just see a standard silver 3 door k reg from one month to another.

Nova_Sean
29-12-08, 11:19 PM
Since ive had mine ive seen a couple. but its the same with all cars, if your looking you will find it!!

krobinson
29-12-08, 11:23 PM
There's a fair few local to me, but rarely see them, so I voted for a few times a month.

Rick Draper
29-12-08, 11:28 PM
Seen one today, A reg hatch. Looked not to shabby either. See a K reg hatch as well around a bit as well, looks ok, rear arches have started to go on the bottom corners but other than that its not bad.

scott.parker
29-12-08, 11:29 PM
I see mainly Mk1 saloons near me,or late 1ltr trip Mk2's in red etc

Last time i saw a GTE was years ago near me,and the last GSi i have seen was my mates lol but that don't drive as it's WIP.

Not many left to be fair!

Scott

Jack
29-12-08, 11:53 PM
I was behind a cream B reg 2dr saloon today, in the Novargh :D

I suppose I see one every day as there's one just round the corner from me en route to work. White with bodykit. Purple one in the other direction, just along from Ash. And a minty red Y reg one that I see every now and again

BIGS
29-12-08, 11:57 PM
I see a few, but its a shame most of them are owned by chavs. but its a minty mint silk vilet (sp) gsi driven by a older lady. Its nice to see a mint one with nothng done to it

Spudly
30-12-08, 11:41 AM
I saw a pristine 1ltr miami blue J reg last night and a saveable looking G reg white one this morning, two in the space of twenty four hours wow lol

Dod
30-12-08, 11:55 AM
Although there are a few round here, no one drives them. One chap down the road from me a bit has a 14SR and a GSi and leaves them parked up in favour if his Subaru Blue Cavailer Turbo (Yellow Pin stripe, La-goon-aaa Splitter and Colour Coded Bumper Tops :( :( :() None of mine are being driven at the minute, although that may change, and anyone that Had one, doesnt anymore. I'm not sure why though, I know thats that had numerous amounts of them and worked specificially on them but even they have disappeared.

Breeny
30-12-08, 11:57 AM
I hardly see any around anymore!

Maybe 1 or 2 a month.

draper
30-12-08, 12:09 PM
theres a standard white 1200 up the road from me, looks absolutly mint - im tempted to ask if its for sale as a runabout

Dar
30-12-08, 12:25 PM
I seen an old chavette today. I still see Nova's on the roads and why-o-why do I do the whole 'visually check the car to guage its condition thing' every time I see one parked up?

I don't bother doing it with any other car!

Novaboi_1991
30-12-08, 12:39 PM
i see nova's quite regularly,

theres a black and red GTE near me,
a red mk1 gsi i think
a camo green 2 door saloon B REG lol looks good nick,
saw a mk1 matt black modded one in chestfield (near canterbury) yesterday.
also a white 2 door SRI in ly***** (near folkestone)

i think 90% of nova's i see are modded,

Nova_Tek
30-12-08, 12:59 PM
There was a time when I saw more Nova's around but where driven by chav's and they all looked a mess.

I think now they, with the ones I see, they are more likely to be driven by enthusiasts and the older gen which I think is a good thing.

Spudly
30-12-08, 02:11 PM
I still see Nova's on the roads and why-o-why do I do the whole 'visually check the car to guage its condition thing' every time I see one parked up?

Dont fret buddy youre not alone in your affliction, as you drive by them its a lightning quick glance at sills, rear arches, doors, then the whole thing and driver last aint it (or something like) lol

AlexW
30-12-08, 02:26 PM
I saw one earlier in chelmsford, seen it a few times, 4door loon 1.4 i dark red but only got a slight look at it as it was driving and i was in my hired clio.

whenever i see a nova if theres other people in the car im like "Nova!!! Look!!!" lol

Dar
30-12-08, 02:47 PM
Dont fret buddy youre not alone in your affliction, as you drive by them its a lightning quick glance at sills, rear arches, doors, then the whole thing and driver last aint it (or something like) lol
Exactly and then I think 'Dar you sad *******!'.

Spudly
30-12-08, 02:49 PM
Dont worry about it were all the same and we must all be either slightly sad or very strange to have such an addiction to these 80`s rotboxes but, at least you know know you aint alone in your "speshalness" lol

twistysnovagte
30-12-08, 03:52 PM
i know of around 5 in the area,so see them every so often,also had some milf park up in a silver three door luxe a few spaces from me while waiting for the missus,waited till she left and had a little look around the car,rust free on the outside totaly,was gonna leave a note to ask her to sell,then the missus came back,asking what i was doing lol

Dave.
30-12-08, 05:29 PM
ive seen 2 today! a red 4dr mk2 saloon and a white mk1 hatch, first 2 in months lol

Riggy
30-12-08, 11:49 PM
I seen an old chavette today. I still see Nova's on the roads and why-o-why do I do the whole 'visually check the car to guage its condition thing' every time I see one parked up?

FPMSL thats soo true , my misses does it now aswell , she will come back and say " seen a nova before , arches were a bit rusty though " lol

Sloth
31-12-08, 12:03 AM
I know of the white sting as ive been hunting it for months with no luck but ive not seen any others unless theyre in your head lol
the sting is on first lane hessle, old lass has it. a guy at saab restored it in '99.
4dr mk2 merit saloon on bev rd, 50k minter.
red 4dr mk1 f plate, shed spec. rottastic.
red nova van on princes ave.
red 2dr mk1 loon frasers?
green c reg 5 dr, very mint.
4dr lazer blue mk1 merit saloon, in a scrappy, saveable.
and a few others. :thumb:

Asa-James
31-12-08, 12:08 AM
spotted two 3doors today, a tatty blue mk1, and a very tidy mk2, both standard.

mark1astramad
31-12-08, 01:49 AM
There are a few nice ones in Wrexham aswell ;).

where:roll:,havent seen a nice one round here for a LOOOOOONG time,oops,sorry,there is a nice marooooon one floating about,but the ones i see all the time are right chav mobiles......probably got my nicked let in it:mad:
will soon be showing them what a proper car islollollol

Spudly
31-12-08, 10:32 AM
the sting is on first lane hessle, old lass has it. a guy at saab restored it in '99.
4dr mk2 merit saloon on bev rd, 50k minter.
red 4dr mk1 f plate, shed spec. rottastic.
red nova van on princes ave.
red 2dr mk1 loon frasers?
green c reg 5 dr, very mint.
4dr lazer blue mk1 merit saloon, in a scrappy, saveable.
and a few others. :thumb:

Sting has moved from hessle dont know where either:cry: ,
The nova van is the i saw the other day,
The red loon is McGowan who is reg`d on here (hes frasers brother)

Cant say as ive seen many more though lol

L14MNP
31-12-08, 10:47 AM
I see a couple on occasion around here. Never standard though lol

I check over any old motor for condition when I drive past. If I'm on foot I sometimes have a closer inspection lol

draper
31-12-08, 11:32 AM
i saw one today - in a skip going to scrap

ant_tay
31-12-08, 12:01 PM
i never see any around by me although i have been told there are at least 2 others around my area i will go on a hunt and take pics i think

dj_wudgey
31-12-08, 03:59 PM
tbh theres not that many round near me!! i see a standard mk2 every day though as its just round the corner from me!!

gary_1.2Merit
31-12-08, 04:09 PM
i saw a few Corsa A's in sweden n finland on holiday in july.
Also saw a B reg brown Sedan last week in staines.

LUXE
31-12-08, 04:28 PM
i always see a white gte thats mint that this old lady drives

Pistol Pete
31-12-08, 06:21 PM
I saw one today. Just after picking the misses up from work. A C reg 4door 'loon, drivin by a grandad. First one i've seen in a while TBH.

scott.parker
31-12-08, 06:29 PM
I saw one today. A C reg 4door 'loon, drivin by a grandad. First one i've seen in a while TBH.

I see mainly Mk1 saloons near me

See i told you so! lol

Pistol Pete
31-12-08, 07:25 PM
lol so near, yet so far!

astra man
02-01-09, 07:32 PM
You will not see any in Cornwall, well you do not see much of anything in Cornwall

scott.parker
02-01-09, 07:36 PM
You will not see any Nova's in Cornwall, well you do not see much of anything in Cornwall

If you had put the word nova in there it's almost a sigable quote! lol :thumb: