PDA

View Full Version : 1ltr linkage same as others?

Rich
28-12-08, 05:08 PM
Hi. Went to fit up my linkage to the f28 box the other day, but not sure what the hell the ones ive found are from..

Ive found 3 different ones, one from cally/cav but i cant seem to find a nova one.

Just wondering if the 1ltr ones are the same as that may be why i cant find a normal one..

If so anyone got a spare linkage laying around :thumb:

R1CH
28-12-08, 05:53 PM
Aye the 1ltr linkage is the same as all other Nova linkages, pretty sure i've got one in the garage, i'll have a deek tomorrow.

Rich
28-12-08, 06:37 PM
Cheers, im sure i must have one somwhere ive stripped 2 novas this year of their engines.. Ive also found random rear mounts i didnt know i had or where they came from lol

mowgli
29-12-08, 10:30 AM
the linkages are the same, but does the f28 use the shifter box off the nova or its original donor vehicle?????????????????/

R1CH
29-12-08, 12:23 PM
Shifter box ???
You don't need to use anything off the donor car other than the F28 itself, you just the Nova linkage but it needs chopped and shortened, theres a guide in the 'How to' section, think its by Simps.

I've got a linkage as well, seems to be ok, £10 posted ?

Mike
29-12-08, 04:44 PM
the linkages are the same, but does the f28 use the shifter box off the nova or its original donor vehicle?????????????????/

By "box" you mean the gearbox turret itself?

Rich
29-12-08, 07:03 PM
Cheers rich im gonna raid my shed see if i can find mine, otherwise ill let you know wednesday (payday).

To fit the f28 you use the standard rear nova mount (with the usual spacers when going big block) and standard nova gear linkage. Just needs to be shortened a bit on one end. F28 doesnt have a normal selector turret on it