PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone who turned up to MK today...

Breeny
01-12-02, 06:15 PM
Huge thanks to everyone that made another successful nova meeting today. A bit cold but i think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Thanks even more to those that travelled further distances from Cardiff/Sheffield etc I hope we all made you welcome.

Pictures will be up in the next few days, whether or not they'll be any good is another matter! If you have any pictures that you would like in the report please email them to me at either Breeny@Novaload.Net or GraemeBreen@hotmail.com

It was nice to see the old faces and some new ones, i won't list everyone by name but it was nice to meet you all (again)

:D

d0gz_bollox
01-12-02, 07:32 PM
yeah I had a good laff. cant believe the bud was $2.65 a bottle!!!! Frickin ripp off. lets go somewhere cheaper next time. lol ;)

Didnt get chance to say ello to everyone so who was ya all and what was you driving? whose was the black nova next to cp's. nice, shame about the rear wings though

CP
01-12-02, 08:36 PM
It was a good meet - cheers to Jim and Breeny for the invite and setting it up.
Its always a bit funny when you meet up off the site for the first time. You dont know whether to barge up and start talking to peeps or not. :? Anyways hello to all those I didn't say hello to if you get my drift. A good selection of Novas I thought all in all and nice to see everyone.
:D

mmm I love those MK roundabouts :lol: :lol: :oops:

mikeoxford
01-12-02, 08:39 PM
and just for the record - if non of you know who CP is - he was the one everyone was watching when he pulled away

AND THEN STALLED

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:twisted: sorry m8!

anyone top day, thanks to the organisers.

as for photos breeny, your quite right about wether they come out or not - only 50% of mine did.

wisewood
01-12-02, 11:56 PM
VERY good day - nice to meet those of you i spoke to... CP, Alex, Mike, err. Jim (thanks for not giving me that dead arm :D )

Very cold... but i am northern and 'ard so didn't complain too much :D

Jim
02-12-02, 12:51 PM
yeah I had a good laff. cant believe the bud was $2.65 a bottle!!!! Frickin ripp off. lets go somewhere cheaper next time. lol ;)

Didnt get chance to say ello to everyone so who was ya all and what was you driving? whose was the black nova next to cp's. nice, shame about the rear wings though

That would be my Nova with the fcuked rear arches. I explained to Locky what happened...Basically I was given a set of Alloys that were the wrong offset and I took the car to a bodyshop to get the rear arches pulled out that little bit extra. Instead the w4nker flared them :x He offered to take the car back and sort it out, but he did such a bad job that I couldn't be bothered. Hopefully after Christmas I'll be able to start saving fr a full respray and eventually get them arches sorted :D

LOL Wisewood, I'm not a violent person, I wouldn't even hurt fly...unless it happened to be aimed at my windscreen whilst driving down the road just outside of the car park :oops:

Jim

jkhilton
02-12-02, 01:09 PM
It's ages since I have seen so many novas together, almost makes me think maybe I should go for another one!! but then again.....

There were some nice sounding cars there, the blue 2.0 16v with carbs! sounded beefy! and going for a "quick"(understatement!) spin in CP's car made my day!!! that thing is lethal!!! and as loud as a nova can possibly be!

all in all, a good day. :)

John

wisewood
02-12-02, 01:12 PM
LOL Wisewood, I'm not a violent person, I wouldn't even hurt fly...unless it happened to be aimed at my windscreen whilst driving down the road just outside of the car park :oops:

lmfao.
by the way... have you had your picture up on the site at some point - coz i swear i knew what you looked like before you ever came and said hello... maybe it was just coz i recognised the car or somethign so knew that must be you - i dunno.

Austin_Nova16
02-12-02, 01:53 PM
Top afternoon!

Couldn't get enough of those MK roads!

Lots of nice cars there.....well impressed with the work on the silver 16v! Nice 1 mate.

Cp's......well nuff said already! a beast!! :evil:

See you peeps at the next one!

________-

James

Will
02-12-02, 02:04 PM
Was a top day, i enjoyed myself, loads of cool motors and a drive in cp's car was amazing, im still smiling now as we roared from one roundabt to the next! :D

Thats wot i love about MK, no traffic lights unless your in the centre, and 70mph roads with 70mph roundabts to go round, lmao

Looking 4ward to the next one, ill even bring my own car cause it will be back on the road :)

Austins engine bay was very smart, i liked that a lot! Cheers Breeny and Jim for organising it, roll on next time and warmer weather?

Will

wisewood
02-12-02, 02:10 PM
Breeny - I gotta ask this question - I seen a few nova's on 17's but never one up close on 18's...

HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET EM ON THERE???

Cheese
02-12-02, 04:36 PM
Was a good afternoon, some very nice cars there.. Like everyone else has already said, CP's car is mental, and was amazing to watch blast up and down the road, and the noise :D

Nice to meet up with Austin_Nova16v, a fellow Oxford local, Very nice car mate, the little sign under the bonnet is nice and amuzing touch! Like it!

Respect to Locky and his mate who drove all the way from Cardiff, and the others who drove from up north.
Thanks to SlimJim and Breeny for organising it :D
BIG thanks to Breeny for comming to find us at X-cape when we got lost! And your car is looking mint mate! :)

Hopefully see you all at the next meet, (in warmer weather!)

Ben :)

locky
02-12-02, 05:18 PM
Top day lads, just a pity it was such a long distance, but it was worth it!
Gota make an apology to cheese as i left and didnt say tara, wasnt ignoring u m8, just couldnt find u!
Nice meeting u all face to face!
B4 i left my mum sed " theres lots of roundabouts in milton keynes"
She wasnt bloody lying! couldnt believe it! roundabout city!
Ne way thanx 4 a cracking day lads cant wait for the next meet!
Cheers

Cheese
02-12-02, 05:45 PM
No worries mate, I got a bit held up getting food and looking at honez in the Snow Centre! :D

Ben :)

spanishfly
02-12-02, 09:04 PM
LOL Wisewood, I'm not a violent person, I wouldn't even hurt fly...unless it happened to be aimed at my windscreen whilst driving down the road just outside of the car park
i didn't even go :lol:

Nova1.6
02-12-02, 09:08 PM
lol, very cleaver spanish

Jim
02-12-02, 09:40 PM
Thats wot i love about MK, no traffic lights unless your in the centre, and 70mph roads with 70mph roundabts to go round, lmao

Just so you know Will, the sped limit is 60mph, not 70, LOL. Wouldn't want you getting in trouble with the law for speeding now ;)

Hopefully the next Nova meeting i have in mind will be in warmer weather and will actually have an organised activity for the day, but I don't want to say too much at the moment...it's a secret ;)

Thx again to all those that made it.

Jim

avon_nova
02-12-02, 11:18 PM
Yeah it's a bit weird turning up in a carpark you've never been in to meet a load of people you don't know for shit! :|

Good to meet some of u, instantly recognised Wisewood and Sheep dip from their avatar's, tho didn't get round to speaking to u!

Had a chat with CP, ?4k engine ouch! I remember you and your car from the track session at Silverstone, did you get those professional photos through the other day of us on the track? I sent off for them they look superb i'll try and post them up when they arrive...

Also chatted to Austin blackpool tower, who made me feel like a circus midget although i'm 6'2"! You would get on with a mate of mine who looks like jaws from james bond :lol:
Anyway did u do that engine bay triangulation urself? Looks impressive

Got there an hour late due to heavy nite out as usual... and had to leave a bit early cos my mate had to get back but was deffo worth the trip

Cheers to Breeny who I pursuaded to take some pics of my dash and engine, nice 1 get them uploaded!

Jo fiesta
03-12-02, 11:39 AM
yeah thanx for a good meet up ladz

hello to those i didnt speak to

all ya cars are lovely! got some wicked pics!!!!

how many roundabouts does that area wanna have would have been fun in the crx if it was wet hehe

breeny im loving that numberplate hun!

jo xx

wisewood
03-12-02, 12:25 PM
...instantly recognised Wisewood ... from ... avatar's, tho didn't get round to speaking to u!

No problem mate - don't worry about it - there were loads of people i didn't get to talk to.
'tis quite strange though, turning up somewhere and meeting people you never met before and them knowing who you are already - except Alex Machell who seemed to take ages of talking to me to realise who i was... lmao.

locky
03-12-02, 05:11 PM
lol, i was talkin 2 slim jim for a good 3 mins b4 we sed who we wer!
Good laugh tho!