PDA

View Full Version : yes im sad xbox360

General Baxter
26-12-08, 03:14 PM
iv fallen well behind the times, and wanting to upgrade

iv just been looking at 360's need something to spend my Argos vouches on lol

just a quick question whats all the xboxlive stuff?

you just plug a broadband line in the back and your away? or you need some special router thingy lol

Rich
26-12-08, 03:24 PM
Just connect a broadband line to your computer, i have mine going through a router. Costs £5 a month though

General Baxter
26-12-08, 03:26 PM
my house broad band just comes stright out the wall, into one of them splittle boxes where the phone splits off, then from that to the back of my pc, so just remove the one from the computer and plug it in the xbox?

or just split the line, from the computer and have both xbox and pc?

edit, micro filter just popped into my head :)

The Simps
26-12-08, 03:37 PM
I think you would have to unplug it from the mcro filter and run it into your pc. I would get a router kit tho mate, there well cheap these days. You can then buy the wireless adapter that goes into the back of xbox and run it that way. Then means you can easily take the xbox round mates houses etc and it will pick up on their wireless internet.

Adam
26-12-08, 04:02 PM
Mine runs through my modem/router (basically a 4 into 1 for internet connections)

Rich_e
26-12-08, 04:56 PM
i hook my xbox up to my computer thru the LAN as i have a usb modem then pay my £40 a year.

Martin
26-12-08, 04:58 PM
Eithanet(sp) cable in the back.. Create a Gamertag Ie Baxter Is GAYY.. Then youre away

NovaBoi92
26-12-08, 05:08 PM
and dont even think about getting a ps3. xbox online is so much better, its more online orinetated all together than ps3. ill give you an example, you cant be playing a game AND be in a private chat with someone on ps3, but on xbox you can have up to 8 people (i think its 8) all in a party chat at on time while playing a game. much better features with xbox. and you can make these cool little avatar thingies lol

i have a wireless router just underneath my xbox and i use an ethernet cable just plugs into it. :)

Martin
26-12-08, 05:18 PM
yeah burgo was in my chat party last night while he was on cod4 and i was on 5 ;)

J4MES
26-12-08, 05:38 PM
Dont buy the £5 monthly subscription for Xbox Live, buy a code off ebay for around £26, save yourself £10 cus its £35 in the shops..

Adam
26-12-08, 05:40 PM
My 3month one was about £13

NovaBoi92
26-12-08, 05:47 PM
i just buy (off ebay) a bunch of 48 hour trial codes. its cheaper and they last longer, becase when you're not playing, your not wastng any of the time. so whenever i want to play online, i just type in a new code if my old one has run out and off ya go lol

novanova636
26-12-08, 05:49 PM
Thats not a bad idear. I always get the whole year subscription in one hit. Cant remember how much it is tho.

Mazz
26-12-08, 05:52 PM
I would get a router kit tho mate, there well cheap these days. You can then buy the wireless adapter that goes into the back of xbox and run it that way. Then means you can easily take the xbox round mates houses etc and it will pick up on their wireless internet.

Wireless routers are quite cheap atm, but the wireless dongle for a 360 is still about £60 for a new one - too expensive imo..

If your xbox is going to be set up near the internet/phone point then theres no need to go wireless imo.

Dod
26-12-08, 08:53 PM
One thing you may need to do is lower the level of protection on your computer as it sees mostof the Xbox stuff as being Spam and can block it and stop it working. Its definately a laugh, especially when you can keep killing Burgo and hear him shout "For Fukks Sake". Makes it all worth while.

Mike
26-12-08, 09:04 PM
Wireless routers are quite cheap atm, but the wireless dongle for a 360 is still about £60 for a new one - too expensive imo...

I can get a genuine Xbox one for £45 new :thumb:

adam c
26-12-08, 09:57 PM
I can get a genuine Xbox one for £45 new :thumb:

say that now eh:roll: lol

ive just gone out and bought one today for £60lol

J4MES
26-12-08, 11:55 PM
£26 for 13months ftw!!

burgo
27-12-08, 03:32 AM
yeah burgo was in my chat party last night while he was on cod4 and i was on 5 ;)that was proper confusing

burgo
27-12-08, 03:33 AM
One thing you may need to do is lower the level of protection on your computer as it sees mostof the Xbox stuff as being Spam and can block it and stop it working. Its definately a laugh, especially when you can keep killing Burgo and hear him shout "For Fukks Sake". Makes it all worth while.yes thats not funny

Martin
27-12-08, 07:13 AM
Protection? computer? Viruses? Pfft never used and protection... never caught out... ermm...

Dod
27-12-08, 12:30 PM
Firing blanks there Martin? lol

Martin
27-12-08, 12:47 PM
Lol maybe, worst thigns have happend to me lol

The Simps
29-12-08, 01:33 AM
One thing you may need to do is lower the level of protection on your computer as it sees mostof the Xbox stuff as being Spam and can block it and stop it working.

You mean lower it on the router settings, the xbox?

My brother is having a problem with his. They have a main pc hooked up to a wireless router via cable then 2 laptops & the xbox on wireless.

MK999
29-12-08, 02:13 AM
The problem there is theres nothing connecting the xbox to the internet other than thin air and black magic lol Never been a fan of wireless myself, i like things i can (almost) see working :p

Dod
29-12-08, 10:07 AM
You mean lower it on the router settings, the xbox?

My brother is having a problem with his. They have a main pc hooked up to a wireless router via cable then 2 laptops & the xbox on wireless.

Yeah I think so. Your computer to internet connection has a firewall which burns the **** out of anything it sees as spam, by lowering this it allowsa more of the Xbox stuff, thats seen as Spam, through and lets it work properly.