PDA

View Full Version : PC Question - Opinions wanted

Nova_Tek
25-12-08, 12:31 PM
Im going about beefing up my wife's pc (she bought it when we were engaged). Now after doing some research I have found that it can be a very good spec'd up system even though its not quite 'up-to-date', but still more then sufficient enough for what I want and I will be using my PC which is almost as good spec'd up to do the normal day to day activities on it as I dont want her pc to go on the net.

Anywho, for less than £100 I can up the CPU to max, add 2GB of more RAM and give it 2 new DVDRW drives.

The PC case is a silver one and I have been looking at silver optical drives and there arent many and they are a bit more expensive then black drives.

So... would you stick 2 black optical drives on a silver machine or shall I spend that bit extra on silver ones?

What would you do?

(bit of a rubbish question/poll but I'm undecided :tard: )

:thumb:

Jack
25-12-08, 12:55 PM
Black on silver is fine IMO. Plus, the black ones will be moulded black plastic, where as the "silver" will probably be gayhat paint which rubs off after a while

bmw156
25-12-08, 01:01 PM
i have a black drive in a blue case and it looks fine, black goes with everything lol
and i think my custom built comp is gonna die soon, makes weird noises on start up. so might rebuilt it, fun

Nova_Tek
25-12-08, 01:02 PM
Cheers RJ, good point about the black moulded plastic and paint.

The case has a moulded area whch houses the LED's and power/reset button and its in piano black.

Other opinions welcome people :thumb:

Nova_Tek
25-12-08, 01:03 PM
i have a black drive in a blue case and it looks fine, black goes with everything lol
and i think my custom built comp is gonna die soon, makes weird noises on start up. so might rebuilt it, fun

Cheers bmw156 black with blue is a bit unusual lol

Maybe one of your cooling fans is on its way out.

1.6 8v turbo nova
25-12-08, 01:05 PM
building my brother a buget gamer pc, 116.01. That's with 2gb ddr2 ram, 80gb sata harddrive, amd2 duel core 2.9ghz cpu. All put together in a case with a perspect window n pretty blue lights.

My pc makes funny noises on start up, only when its been a cold night. Quick punch over the psu soon shuts it up tho :)

But yeah black ones would look fine :)