PDA

View Full Version : touch screen phones

chimp007_uk
23-12-08, 11:57 PM
Right,

Time has come to take out a new contract... I'm with O2, and not going to move anywhere else. I've tried getting a deal and no budge... even gave me my code :(

So... I have a N95 at the moment, and looking for a touch screen phone. O2 offer completely different tariffs for the iPhone with only 500 texts, so pointless.

Looking to spend £35 a month as per. I'm looking at the Sony Ericsson X1 Xperia, Samsung Pixon and LG Renoir.

I can get the Renoir free and with free unlimited web bolt on. The other 2 will cost me £99 payment.

Without using any of these phones, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience? I've spent all evening looking at reviews and vids (yes I'm sad lol)

I appreciate any help and advice!

Cheers
Chris

NovaBoi92
23-12-08, 11:59 PM
try orange, their touch screen phone range are brilliant. i had a few of the HTC's running windows mobile. tbh i did get bored of it as you needed to use 2 hands to text all the time with those gay little pens lol but a great phone overall. well worth getting

chimp007_uk
24-12-08, 12:03 AM
Oronge's network coverage is w**k and they're customer services isn't much better...

Has to be o2 :roll:

bmw156
24-12-08, 12:05 AM
go on o2 webite they are doing a 35 quid a month tarif on the iphone with a combination of 500 and 600 or so. i thought that was good??

chimp007_uk
24-12-08, 12:06 AM
I'm £35 at the mo, wiht 600mins and 1000texts, but on iPhone, its 600mins and 500texts... Going to be abroad 200odd days next years, so going to be texting more and use over 500 currently.

Ash
24-12-08, 12:29 AM
I've just moved from O2 to Orange - not finding it too bad. I was after the SE X1, but ended up with a Blackberry Bold - awesome bit of kit bar the camera which is shocking! The next Blackberry touchscreen isn't all that either.

Rather the Bold over the iPhone ;)

Asa-James
24-12-08, 01:22 AM
i'm on o2 with th LG viewty (i think the renoir has replaced it) had it 6 months and no problems as of yet, just occasionally my chubby sausages dont poke the right part of the screen...

Southie
24-12-08, 07:47 AM
Personally I would go into a o2 store with the current money market being knacked. You obviously want an iPhone but don't want to pay the extra £10 for basically what you already get i.e. Minutes and tarriff.

I use an iPhone and I'm now on the 3g which is identical to the old one, but wouldn't be without it. Also this is why I get away with using png wherever :thumb:

Stuart
24-12-08, 09:26 AM
Viewty is a cracking phone considering it was one of the "first" mass market touch screens other than the eye pone.

I've got an HTC Diamond, velly good

Matt
24-12-08, 10:13 AM
I'm with Vodafone and have never had any problems with their service. My current contract is £35 a month with unlimited texts, 500 mins and unlimited internet time with a free Samsung Omnia (touch screen) and I can't fault it atall. The touch screen takes a few hours to get used to but once you've got the hang of it, it's a pretty cool bit of kit.

bmw156
24-12-08, 10:26 AM
i am with virgin, excellent service.
i have something like 750 texts and 150 mins for 25 quid a month, but what ever is left gets carried over, so i always using my extras, so now every month i have 1500 and 300 mins

o and i have a k850i part touch screen

chimp007_uk
24-12-08, 10:53 AM
Cheers for the advice all...

I'm actually not too fussed by the iPhone, its just so gimicky... Everyone has to have it. I might go with the Renoir, still always got my n95 as a back-up.

At the same time shops want your business, they refuse to give added discounts as they know everyone now-a-days can't live without a mobible phone, and will pay what ever the climate.

I can get unlimited inet bolt on free with the renoir as well, and it bost one of the best phones for camera. Just wondered how easy texting is on one... Might go into Watford today and have a play...

Thanks for your advice guys!

MyNovaSr
24-12-08, 03:26 PM
i'm on o2 with th LG viewty (i think the renoir has replaced it) had it 6 months and no problems as of yet, just occasionally my chubby sausages dont poke the right part of the screen...

When I renewed my contract at the beginning of 08 I got the LG Viewity, what a pile of poo. Unless your only use it inside and are clean its crud. Dont get me started on txting with it.

Nova SR you poor sod ;) .

Swaped it for the N95 8GB when it was first out and fantastic but now eceryone has copied and its boring :p

Asa-James
24-12-08, 08:45 PM
had the old N73, absolute tosh, put me off nokias TBH, didnt help that the screen blew up on it either...