PDA

View Full Version : Regal reply to throttle bodies, true??

dan16v
30-11-02, 12:29 PM
hmmm rite regal wrote bak the following!Hello,

We can supply you with the Lumention or Alpha Weber systems, however you
need to re-wire a new loom and supply an inlet manifold, the kits cost
approx. ?1700.00inc VAT. We favour the Dbilas system where it is a total
DIY method IE you get in the kit an inlet manifold with injector holes, 2 x
throttle bodies 45mm, with an air plenum chamber attached to the air flow
meter, use the original loom and ECU installation becomes quite easy. Cost
on this kit is ?1010.00inc VAT. Power gains between 25-30bhp is
achievable. Ideally most customers have fitted a power boost valve and a
superchip increase the chip rpm to 7500rpm alter the ignition and fuel. Job
Done!. ?250.00 extra for the chip, this kit does work we have sold quite a
few

Regards

Chris

ok 4 things i dont get!
how can a std vaux managment handle the amount of air and fuel that will be needed, wont it under fuel? and if the air and fuel arnt there surly the bhp and torque wont be?

how can they offer the same amount of bhp as sbd, jenvy etc for almost a grand less?

are 45s big enough for the 2ltr or are 48s better?

and lastly by not geting mappable managment am i restricting myself to later ungrades or if i got bored could i purchase managment at a later date?

omg ive never been able to do cut n paste! thanks mum

dan16v
30-11-02, 12:32 PM
here there advert to them inc spec;Description Regal present a new generation of throttle bodies. No need for programming, no need to loose any of your existing instrumentation. These throttle bodies are easy to self fit and come with full fitting instructions.

Uses original equipment air mass meter injectors, air filter box, ECU and throttle switch. Smooth clean idle and a good cold start, produces more power than a twin carb conversion. Full control RPM and load positions.

Meets E2 emissions and is TUV/MOT approved and works in conjunction with catalytic converter.

Insurance friendly (Original equipment retained only inlet manifold and throttle body replaced).

Extra injectors, cams and ECU software available for track and motorsport use.

:roll: :roll:

barnes
01-12-02, 03:45 AM
come of it, are you daft???? why ask regal for anything.

basically put, them tb's dbilas is it? arent worth the coin. save up and get real tb's if you want em from sbd. sbd's tb's have proven bhp's, i aint ever seen a rolling road report with them dbils ones gettin 180bhp.

i cant even bring myself to finish my reply, simply gutted you asked the advice of regal. thats like phoning up big gay al of southpark to come do a batchelor party, aint a good idea really

dan16v
01-12-02, 03:56 PM
yea i know there shit but id be installing the goods my self as i dont trust em either :roll:

barnes
01-12-02, 05:41 PM
danny boy, you of all i thought wouldve had some more sense

dan16v
01-12-02, 05:58 PM
sod it your right id rather save up the 2grand for sbd than give regal a grand. facts i suppose! dbilas 30bhp sbd 60bhp i d rather have 200bhp n e ways, cheers m8 for making up my mind been buggin me all week!. lol didnt know ne one thought i had n e common sense :o
i remember all the shit regal gave my m8 over his cam after 3rolling road sessions it still wasnt set up right! we done it better by feel in the end! :wink:

barnes
01-12-02, 06:02 PM
regal are like the labour of the government world, all talk no actiona dn you end up paying loads for no end product.

snd id recommend, ask all the people on mig and in the world if sbd are good, they will tell you they are

CP
01-12-02, 09:08 PM
If you look back a few pages you should find Chip's post with his experiences of this conversion. I think it was sent back basically?

dan16v
02-12-02, 02:34 PM
i know cp i tried to mail him but he hasnt replyed!

Ian
02-12-02, 06:22 PM
search on migweb for dbilas too, universally slated for being crap, regal are too