PDA

View Full Version : grumble

Jack
23-12-08, 02:18 PM
Fecks sake, not used the Novargh for a while, and now I remember why. Just went for a quick pootle and its decided to dump all its oil all over the floor. There's a very visible oil trail from the front of my house, all the way out to Odcome where I stopped, noticed the oil dripping out (well, "gushing" would probably be a more appropriate word), so chucked in the rest of the spare oil I had and limped home. Got back just as the temperature started rising lol

Looks like its coming out from down below on the right hand side (as you look at it), I've not had a look underneath yet but probably either sump gasket or - hopefully - more likely round the oil filter.

Ho hum. Fecking thing.

Welsh Dan
23-12-08, 02:21 PM
It knows you don't love it. Deliver it to my house and give it to me.

twistysnovagte
23-12-08, 02:25 PM
theres's so many intuations about the nova,that all cannot be saidlol

Jack
23-12-08, 02:26 PM
:p

Just to add insult to injury, my neighbour has just come over to tell me I have left the lights on... on my "fiat" LOL lol

[edit] the road outside is a river of oil from my car lol lol lol

brainsnova
23-12-08, 02:35 PM
:p

Just to add insult to injury, my neighbour has just come over to tell me I have left the lights on... on my "fiat" LOL lol

[edit] the road outside is a river of oil from my car lol lol lol

next they will start drilling for oil. your fecked again lol

Riggy
23-12-08, 04:38 PM
lol went to my garage today and thats what my nova has done , shat itself of oil lol

AlexW
23-12-08, 04:42 PM
Mine has decided that its not liking its strut brace or being used as a shed and spit the fuel out back at me.

Ernie
23-12-08, 04:45 PM
mine is still in yate.I would be well impressed if it spat it's oil out as hit has no engine in it at the mo lol.

Mike
23-12-08, 06:01 PM
My moneys on the crank seal Jack. Good riddance to that engine i say lol

General Baxter
23-12-08, 06:17 PM
woo, i have not even looked at mine since 8am donny sunday, just started first time on the key,

bodge 1.4 FTW :)

Cle
23-12-08, 06:24 PM
Mines got no oil or fuel lol so im sorted :)

Spudly
23-12-08, 06:26 PM
The oil in mine has turned into mayo type mush and the battery is too dead to even try starting it, horrible cars!

John
23-12-08, 06:39 PM
i'm with mike, crank seal, or oil pump gasket.

Jack
23-12-08, 07:36 PM
My oil filter is a banana shape?! lol

The seal around it was also kyboshed. Fitted a new one and changed the oil, seems to be holding, although I'll take it for a jaunt tomorrow and check. My dad reckoned crank seal as well due to how the oil has splattered about, but it doesn't seem to be leaking any more, fingers crossed.

Good riddance to that engine i say lol
No, I still need it for the time being :D

Lee
24-12-08, 04:19 PM
No, I still need it for the time being :D

:D