PDA

View Full Version : XE Exhaust Bodge

djshaggeh
23-12-08, 12:05 PM
I havent done any work on the nova for a little while and its starting to look a bit depressed. I just need to get the exhaust mounted up.

Im using the old exhaust from the 8v (I think its a 'eurosports' system) and I plan to couple it up to the standard XE manifold.

Ive welded an exhaust flexy to the manifold, but at the minute its too long and sits too close to the gear selector box in the exhaust tunnel. I would take it off and chop it down and reweld it however if I do that Im still unsure I will get the angle to get round the box without it knocking.

Do I:

A. Chop and reweld the flexy to the manifold and hope for the best?

B. Fit a Calibra shifter and get rid of the box in the exhaust tunnel all together?

C. Stop being a tight cnut and buy a proper exhaust? (can anyone recommend a cheap cheap system)

Cheers in advance. :thumb:

General Baxter
23-12-08, 12:12 PM
autosprint, and ashley do manifolds that go stright on to gsi/gte centre sections i think lol

Welsh Dan
23-12-08, 12:13 PM
B and C combined.

B will allow you to have a nice 3 silencer system made up like Olly H's :D.

Paul
23-12-08, 12:38 PM
I get the manifold mated to the system by a local exhaust place costs me 30quid each time

Nova_Tek
23-12-08, 02:05 PM
Option B & C here too matey.

Best to get it done properly so you dont get knocking of the exhaust as that will probably pee you off, I know I would.

Any links or pics of Olly H's 3 silencer system. Im intrigued

Welsh Dan
23-12-08, 02:18 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=880604&postcount=1054

Nova_Tek
24-12-08, 02:38 PM
Cheers Welsh Dan :thumb:

[Edit] After reading that thats precisely what I wanna go for, i.e whispers along with the right exhaust note.

chimp007_uk
24-12-08, 02:57 PM
my exhaust/manifold is welded one piece... works ok, did develop a few cracks but jsut added tot he pidgeon ****e welding thats already there.

got a magney s/s system of ebay for my xe for £30 so just need a standard manifold and i'm sorted!

trackdaynova
24-12-08, 08:18 PM
my manifold and complete system is still for sale :D

cheers for the mentions Dan :thumb:

Welsh Dan
24-12-08, 11:52 PM
You're welcome gents.

Nova_Tek
25-12-08, 12:41 PM
my manifold and complete system is still for sale :D

Hmm really? (although I don't like the backbox :( )

PM me the price dude. :thumb:

Adam
25-12-08, 12:44 PM
The price is in his thread

Jay
25-12-08, 01:08 PM
Depending how much money you have i'd go with option A, but if you can afford if go with B and/or C.

Jay.

trackdaynova
25-12-08, 05:07 PM
cut the tailpipe off and weld another if you want a tarty chrome item :D