PDA

View Full Version : Fearless Motorsport

ollster
30-11-02, 11:20 AM
Does anybody know how i can get in touch with fearless motorsport, i have tried e-mailing brett warburton who i was told was part of FM, but i have had no reply.

v1nce
30-11-02, 03:08 PM
wot u in the market 2 buy???

(guess wots coming next...)

ollster
30-11-02, 03:13 PM
im looking for rear half cage with a fixed diagonal why?

v1nce
30-11-02, 03:49 PM
the old old arguement

there not the cheapest of cages

but if ure set on a oversized cage ure stuffed

?Marty?
01-12-02, 03:57 AM
Hey Olly, pm me if you want his (or Dave's) mobile number.

Yes the cage might be 'overpriced', but it does look really good. I've got one, and think it's worth every bit i paid for.

barnes
01-12-02, 04:12 AM
fearless stuff is top stuff. well like their strut braces and rear cage. worth the money i say, personally i like it. wonder if breeny does????? if he doesnt then i dont as im not allowed to by the law passed by breeny

Ste_Nova
01-12-02, 11:33 AM
pleae note fearless cages are not fia approved and brett wouldn't give me one to test

ollster
01-12-02, 01:53 PM
Well i was getting a safety devices one, it had been on order for 3 weeks then they rang up and told me it was goin to cost ?100 extra. The roadcage is ?100, thats just a hoop, but add a fixed diagonal into the equation and the price goes up to ?250, i think thats a rip off considering all you are getting extra is bar welded between two points. I am looking into others such as roll center, omp, sparco etc, but i dont no which to get. Which is the best taking into account vale for money?

Ric 16v
01-12-02, 02:53 PM
I'm thinking of getting a OMP half cage (rear) with a removable diagonal for around ?190 from demon tweeks :D :D :D

dan16v
01-12-02, 04:11 PM
so what it may be ?200 but it is fia approved which means its 100%n safe as apposed to non fia which in an accident could do you more damage

Ste_Nova
01-12-02, 05:26 PM
i've got a safety devices 19point bolt in one.... i wouldn't touch a fearless one cause it's no where near the roof.... and i wouldn't want a fearless shaped dent in my head in the case of a roll

for road use i'd get an omp rear road cage ?167.56 inc vat

dan16v
01-12-02, 06:22 PM
mine was from www.rollcenter.co.uk top class all approved fia international spec 50mm main hoop 45mm diag and struts hugged the car so well i had to run harnesses and it pushed the roof lining to the metal so in a roll there would be no room for shell movement, unlike with big gaps the shell still twists and crumples :o

ollster
01-12-02, 11:33 PM
i dont suppose you know how long it takes for rollcenter to make a cage up, safety devices had a 12 week waiting list, and i need it before the end of january as the car get sprayed and the cage gets fitted then

?Marty?
02-12-02, 12:57 AM
Who cares if it's fia approved anyway? It's only important if you intend in going rallying or whatever.

Otherwise, it's still better than not having one at all.

Fearless cage is ?475 (rear with diagonal) and ?125 for the rear strut-brace.

dan16v
02-12-02, 02:50 PM
how wrong m8 just bcause you have a cage duznt mean your safer if its not fia approved i wouldnt buy it for a start fearless one is alloy isnt it?-soft. rollcenter took 2weeks to deliver mine!
i work with alloy pipe and i wouldnt trust it!

Ste_Nova
02-12-02, 03:03 PM
www.motorsportdirect.co.uk have a selection of cages in including a grp a pilbeam one!!

ollster
02-12-02, 03:52 PM
cheers for all the comments, im either gonna get the rollcenter one or one from mototrsport direct, i do like the look of the fearless one but its a bit expensive, and if im putting a cage in it might aswell be functional. Also would alloy not flex more than steel because one the the main reasons i am putting this cage in is so that is tightens the shell up

dan16v
02-12-02, 04:48 PM
alloy wouldnt be as rigid (but you wouldnt notice the difference) but yea rollcentre and motorsport direct are excellent companies!, got my cage from rc and lsd from md both gave good services as apposed to other gay companies that only want your money!. with the steel cage my nova realy was rigid definatly noticable!

Ste_Nova
02-12-02, 05:38 PM
mines bolted to the roof on 6 places :roll:

Dave_Hay
02-12-02, 06:08 PM
ne pics of cage in ur car ste?

Dan
02-12-02, 06:33 PM
lol at bolted to roof, can u post some pics as i'm curious to see this, cos i go crewing at rally events for my mate as he runs upto 3 cars and have still to see a cage bolted to the roof regardless of car, i might be wrong but only pics will prove me wrong. :lol: :lol: :wink:

v1nce
02-12-02, 06:59 PM
ste dont u mean bolted 2 the b piilers???

and contact with the floor in 19 places??? where r u attented 2 sit : :lol: J/K

on the Fia approved theme aswell... how many of u weld in the mounting plates or even cut the carpet below the feet ???

give us 3 weeks a i get me new cage and 2 keep the 1 im returning 2 demon tweeks :lol:

?Marty?
03-12-02, 03:19 AM
Obviously a fia approved cage is best.

I ment any cage (within reason) is better than just a rear seat.

Ste_Nova
03-12-02, 11:10 AM
lol my carpet was gone a long time ago

it's bolted right to the top of the b pilars and to the roof above the windscreen

v1nce
03-12-02, 04:27 PM
cool.marty any cage then those found in lancer WRC evo 7 will do. they have had retirements this season due 2 a number of roll cage breakages !!!!