PDA

View Full Version : The recent arguements on this site...

Breeny
29-11-02, 09:10 PM
To be quite honest i'm fed up of having to defend myself (as are others)from a whole load of abuse. If you have an opinion, LIKE HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE, think about the consequences before you post it.

Is not just me either, i have had complaints from several members about this forum. I'm sure constructive criticism is appreciated but why act like a 6 year old? I have enough of kids at work without coming onto here and seeing them post.

Like has already been said on this site, its becoming quite an embarressment for a newbie to join up and just see a whole load of quaralling. Whats the point? We all own a nova (well most of us), we all like modding our novas (and we do to our individual tastes) Who cares if someone else doesnt like what you've done? The thing that is most important is that you like it youself, who gives a stuff about anyone elses opinions? (especially when there being shirty about it all)

I'm sorry to say i'm gonna be delete happy for a while now, not if you express your personal opinions towards a car (like someone suggested) but if your blatently abusing the owner. Its not what a close nova community needs.

This site is the best site on the net for any nova owner, lets keep it that way.

If you have any suggestions please dont hesitate in mailing/pming me, i check my emails and log into the site several times a day so you shouldnt have a long time in waiting for a reply.

Sorry for the rant :rant:

matg
29-11-02, 09:56 PM
nice one matey...i am a new member, i am looking to buy a nova as a run around as my astra mk4 is my main concern. I help maintain astra-sport and i must say we dont have any arguing at all. We always get good comments off new members on how friendly the site is as well.

It is better for all that like using the site to be more thoughtfull about what you post.

dan16v
30-11-02, 12:40 PM
to be honest i havnt even noticed this happening! well maybe on the karthic nova post some bad comments were constructive but spose others were totalynot needed!. bet peps wouldnt say stuff like that bout his car to his face!.

Dave_Hay
30-11-02, 05:45 PM
hmmm

*yawns

Anton
30-11-02, 05:52 PM
I'm with breeny :)

Nova-Flair
30-11-02, 06:20 PM
i agree 100% fair enough a bit of friendly banter but blatant abuse is just uncalled for.

like breeny said its just down to people not thinking about what they are saying.

if their are regular culprits they should b at least warned or even banned.

?Marty?
01-12-02, 03:38 AM
If it isn't the infamous Barnes!

Don't really know you pal, but that shit with RB!? There's just no need, it was well unfair.

Guess you got your own back though.

It's a pity you don't post more, your technical advice is spot on. Are you 'in the trade', or do you just 'tinker about' with cars a lot?

barnes
01-12-02, 03:40 AM
technical advice? you takin the piss?

the shit with roybacer was long over due. 2 of its members are gonna suffer big time when i catch hold of them

?Marty?
01-12-02, 03:46 AM
No i'm not taking the piss.

It was a reference to your previous posts in the technical forum. aaaaaaages ago now.

Mostly about fitting 2 litre valvers, gearboxes and stuff.

If i was taking the piss, i'd just say that you're talking shit. I don't mince my words.

barnes
01-12-02, 03:53 AM
lol, well if you say so about the technical knowledge, lol.

mince, thats a gay term up ere, lol.

this is my once a year reply to some posts on novaload, then ill be off again.

Nova-Flair
01-12-02, 05:00 PM
go on barnes!

u gonna go drive by door slinging???

neva really liked r*y b***r n e way the forums r pretty turd compared to here methinks.

barnes
01-12-02, 05:48 PM
hmm, one of my posts is missing????

anyone know why?

?Marty?
02-12-02, 01:28 AM
What's wrong with people arguing anyway? It just shows that people have different opinions. Arguments only start when persons don't like anything other than their own point of view being put across and can't handle it. Despite claiming that 'all opinions are welcome'.

But It's all good! :lol:

It only starts when someone doesn't like a certain opinion, so if they can't take a variety of opinions, then they shouldn't seek them, should they?

Like Breeny said,
Who cares if someone else doesnt like what you've done? The thing that is most important is that you like it youself, who gives a stuff about anyone elses opinions?

So what's the problem then? So what if someone posts saying something is 'shit'? It doesn't matter then does it? Like you just said.
Though it may be interesting to hear their reasons for it.

Or is that not how it works?

In which case people shouldn't bother posting something that may end up with them receiving an opinion. Because you never know, it may be one that you don't like. :roll:

why act like a 6 year old?
What, the persons that exercise their right to freedom of expression?
or
The person's that can't receive opinions that aren't identical to theirs?

?Marty?
02-12-02, 01:39 AM
I want to be able to read a wide variety of opinions on a range of matters. And if i come on here then i'd expect to be able to read and receive opinions about most things Nova/Novaload realated.

Why would a forum be an embarassment for a newby to join, if it contains a wide variety of opinions? Aspecially if they're in the 'general Chat' forum? Isn't that the whole point?

No one wants to come to a site and read posts with everyone saying the same thing over and over again. Even if it's 'arguments'. As long as they're well constructed, with reasons, then what's the problem? It's only when people start using slander when it becomes an actual problem.

I enjoy reading the posts on here and getting involved, and maybe some of my views are controversial, but i don't want to see Novaload turning into : 'only those with blonde hair and blue eyes are allowed in. Novaload, the 3rd Reich. Brought to you in association with Hitler'.

carltoncrazy
03-12-02, 05:15 PM
soz barnes r a fraud,rip any more ppl off since?
sorry but it seems wot eva web site u go 2,u corz problems.
end of the day i dought u`ve got the bottle to hit any 1 u say,
otherwise meet me at that rolling road,we xcan get this sorted out.
im asuming ya balls have droped,probley aint
i swear i saw u driving past a primary skol in ya cav to try n pull

barnes
03-12-02, 06:28 PM
lol, meet you at what rolling road?

ill be there, ive got the balls little boy, now if you want to argue with me, email me, dont see why everyone gotta read silly threats from kids

carltoncrazy
03-12-02, 06:40 PM
nah cant b fucked,ya see,i rip it outa centain ppl on this site,most understand my humor,
ya see,from wot i gather,no1 likes u,ppl think ya a fraud and well a cheap.
on every web site,now im happy to sort his out properly,
and judging by the amount of ppl uve pissed off,i dont think id b the only 1 throwing the punches.
maybe if ya head wernt so far up ya own ass,ya nose is in ya throat,then ya relise no1 on here likes u