PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Lee_2008
22-12-08, 05:29 PM
Hey everyone! I have just registered to the site! My names Lee, im 19 from wrexham, North wales. I am currently looking for a nova as i'm hoping to be getting one as a project. Ill be doing all brakes and suspension on it first and getting it all cleaned up etc. Then will be sticking either a c20xe lump in it or c20let lump. I am a mechanic by trade but never done a conversion quite like this so will probably be on here alot for some help and tips. So if anyone on here is anywhere near me and has or knows a nova for sale let me know! Thanks, Lee. :thumb:

Andy
22-12-08, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the site mate.Theres a few on here from your area

Mike
22-12-08, 05:42 PM
Welcome bud, as said, theres a few from Wrexham way.

Riggy
22-12-08, 05:44 PM
welcome mate

michael squeak
22-12-08, 08:47 PM
im a wrxham lad. welcome mate, i might no a few novas for sale around wrexham, were abouts are you from?

Emmy
22-12-08, 08:49 PM
Welcome :thumb:

vaughanmc
22-12-08, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the club :)

Ernie
22-12-08, 08:54 PM
welcome

Southie
22-12-08, 09:13 PM
Welcome to png :D

Have a good search through the projects as a lot of c20 conversions done, so will be easier to find maybe what you need :thumb:

7ova
22-12-08, 09:15 PM
hello and welcome mate
good luck with finding your nova :thumb:

Pistol Pete
22-12-08, 09:19 PM
Welcome to png. There should be plenty of info on here for you about said conversions. Enjoy your stay.

Lee_2008
22-12-08, 10:36 PM
im a wrxham lad. welcome mate, i might no a few novas for sale around wrexham, were abouts are you from?

I live between gresford and llay mate. Where in wrexham are you?

stuartyj21
23-12-08, 08:50 AM
welcome to the png

Plug
23-12-08, 09:14 AM
Welcome. Post a thead in car's wanted. Mite get some one post with just what your looking for.

Enjoy your stay here at png

Regards Jimbo

Lee_2008
23-12-08, 12:45 PM
Been looking through alot of project threads on here and on the migweb site. So I come to the decision I will be doing a C20XE conversion. The reason for this is that the LET conversion seems to involve alot of messing round with cutting things out etc and the XE looks like a slightly easier option to start with. So all I need now is to find the right nova and a decsnt engine for the build.

twistysnovagte
23-12-08, 01:00 PM
hello and welcome lee,preperation is everything, as you probaly know,a good base(car)i.e minimal issues such as the dreaded rust etc,should then make your project that little easier,(in other words dont rush to buy it,the right car will come to you,im sure you will gain help, as there are good lads in your area,a few simple words but probaly the most improtant.use the search function this should give you plenty more advice on your build
have you owned other cars?turned them into projects?:)

BIGS
23-12-08, 01:03 PM
Welcome to png

scott.parker
23-12-08, 01:21 PM
Been looking through allot of project threads on here and on the migweb site. So I come to the decision I will be doing a C20XE conversion. The reason for this is that the LET conversion seems to involve alot of messing round with cutting things out etc and the XE looks like a slightly easier option to start with. So all I need now is to find the right nova and a decsnt engine for the build.

IMO Good choice (but I'm biased) lol

Welcome to the forum, PNG is the only place you'll need to get the right advise on your project mate, as we are all (well apart from some Corsa owners) nova enthusiast's.

Just for the small blockers: you might want to think about the project very carefully, is the car to be a road going track car, or a show type car?

As the guy's with small block cars will say go small for track etc, but then there's lot on here with C20XE's in for track days also lol

But if it's just a show type car, then good shock/spring combo and an XE will do all the tricks you'll need.

As said don't rush into buying a shell, learn off here where all the major bad points for rot are,and check it twice to make sure lol it's good at hiding as you'll find out!

So good luck,and enjoy.

Scott

michael squeak
23-12-08, 08:53 PM
im in rhostyllen mate. you probarbly saw my old orange nova either when it was mint or after i destroyed it and it had about 500 diffrent coloured pannels on it lol.

you might no my cousins boyfriend from llay he had a white nova gsi but now has a red astra gsi