PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Boot Release Solenoid

Anton
29-11-02, 05:33 PM
I'm looking to sort one out for my car.

What are the best motors to use? Are they easy to fit?

Are there any simpler ways of poping the boot?

I saw supernovas do a kit for 25 quid? Is this any good?

At the moment I am using a bit of wire inside to open me boot, so I need a long term solution.

Cheers Guys

jim sri
29-11-02, 05:44 PM
if you mean to lock/unlock, use a cav boot solenoid, the holes to fit it to ur boot are already in place on novas, vaux just never fitted the motors.

Anton
29-11-02, 05:46 PM
but would that pop the boot up as well? as everything has been removed and there is no external button?

Ric 16v
29-11-02, 07:27 PM
u said in ur feature of ur car that u have a clifford alarm, well why not just get the remote boot release added on to the alarm as an extra, will only cost around ?100-?150 fully fitted, I know it sounds alot but u will be able 2 open ur boot from the keyfob :D :D :D

Anton
29-11-02, 08:14 PM
yeah thats what my original plan was, but the place I got the alarm fitted won't do it :cry:

mikeoxford
29-11-02, 11:52 PM
ive just done it to mine mate

if you go onto my website nova-land.com

or for ease goto how2.nova-land.com

in the exterior section the first guide i wrote and it shows the wiring diagram how to do it, basically, feed two wires from a two wire motor from maplins, through the car to your dash, then using a relay and a switch do what i did in the diagram,

simple as

the codes for the realy etc etc are further down the exterior page in the how to physically fit a solenoid guide.

my design incoporates a buzzer, and if you look at the diagrm, it works so that when the ignition is in the off state, the switch will pop the boot open.

when the ignition or engine is on, press the button, nothing happens but the buzzer buzzers until you let go of the switch!!!!!

hope that helps

to wire it to your alarm YOURSELF, just find the negative output, and it shows where to wire it to in my diagram.

THIS WILL INVALIDATE YOUR INSURANCE APPROVED ALARM, SO DONT TELL ANYONE!!!!!!!!!

just for the record i had my negative output activated by the alarm place.

APHILBIN
30-11-02, 01:33 PM
Hi Anton,
All i used was a spare centrol locking motor and used my rear wiper motor wires and wiper switch but mines a mk1 so the switch is in a safe place unlike mk2s.

Ant.

frog_southampton
01-12-02, 12:20 PM
i want to de-lock my boot aswell....
i have central locking motor's from a cavie...but dont know how 2 wire up a switch...

where was the wire'n info again?? i coulnt find it...

Frog!
Southampton

MattyWoo
01-12-02, 01:16 PM
http://www.mikeoxford.boyracer.net/howto/pics/bootrel.jpg

Courtesy of Mr Oxfords website

Anton
01-12-02, 01:20 PM
I'm working on mine as i speak :lol: